PDA

View Full Version : Very Specific Usenet / alt.bin.tv.poker file question...

AEKDBet
07-25-2005, 03:17 AM
The "World Series of Poker (2005) - 1x01 - Episode 1" posted ~28hrs ago is a full 700MB but only plays 21 seconds of video.....

I've tried it in windows media player, VLC, and media player classic... all the latest version. Anyone else with this problem or a fix or idea?

tinhat
07-25-2005, 09:53 AM
Was this an mpg cut into pieces? Or rar files? Maybe you missed an error when it was unrar'd/joined? Because it sounds like the file is no good. You could try loading it into some burning software and see if it complains - maybe that will tell you what's wrong.

What's the full name of that newsgroup? Doesn't look like my ISP carries it so I want to request they add it.

Mike

AEKDBet
07-25-2005, 02:26 PM
I think it was just a bad posted file. There was a newer post last night in. FWIW I use newzbin.com to search for files, and newsbin pro to DL them. I go through http://www.newshosting.com/. (and highly recommend them)

alt.binaries.ftd
alt.binaries.multimedia
alt.binaries.nl

for the "World Series Of Poker (2005) - Circuit Event 1: Rio Las Vegas" which was all two hours of the event in one file with a few added bonuses the ripper put in - they added a slo'mo replay of the Phil Ivey smile.