PDA

View Full Version : Weird hand, how'd I do?

ArturiusX
07-25-2005, 12:10 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

New to the table.

dantheman_05
07-25-2005, 12:23 AM
with 2 callers on the flop...i fold...a check raise is a very bad play here, why r u trapping players? i think somebody has the Q here most of the time since there are 2 callers

ArturiusX
07-25-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
with 2 callers on the flop...i fold...a check raise is a very bad play here, why r u trapping players? i think somebody has the Q here most of the time since there are 2 callers

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats pretty weak thinking. Wouldnt someone with the Q, i dont know, raise?

Jake (The Snake)
07-25-2005, 12:35 AM
Not always, maybe not even usually. I don't think the c/r is terrible though and I defenetely would have tried for a c/r hoping somebody in LP bet. From EP, I don't really know what the right play is. A queen is possible, even more so a jack with a better kicker. Meh, IDK.

I think you can safely fold the turn though.

baronzeus
07-25-2005, 12:37 AM
Why didn't you give up on the turn? Were you really calling for your 2 (maybe 1) outer?

Skip Brutale
07-25-2005, 12:37 AM
I dont see the point of the flop raise, you arent going to limit the field with it. You are probably beat.

On the turn why are you calling. What does everyone have that you can now beat?

Skip Brutale
07-25-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats pretty weak thinking. Wouldnt someone with the Q, i dont know, raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, someone with the Q would slowplay. Why would they raise? What would be the point of that.

baronzeus
07-25-2005, 12:41 AM
BB could have a Q here, and the way the hand played out it seems he does. 3betting your C/R would be moronic on his part, but betting the A was a very good move on his part. Well played by him down to the river...C/C is fine there.

nh BB /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BTW fold the turn

ArturiusX
07-25-2005, 12:44 AM
You sound pretty good, you can not only tell what hand someone has, but also the difference when a call = crappy gutshot to made trips.

I think small pockets, misc draws, and a worse J will call on here. A check-raise may fold some weak tighties with overcards, and they'll certainly check to me on the turn.

The call on the turn was pretty stupid by me though, should have folded /images/graemlins/frown.gif

The Goober
07-25-2005, 12:48 AM
On the flop, I'd probably just bet out. If I checked, though, I'd probably fold when there's a bet and two callers back to me. Check-raising a late position bet would be sweet, but with 3 people who seem to like their hand, there's too much chance that I'm drawing nearly dead to a Q, or I'm drawing to split the pot with another J. The board's not very draw-heavy and people aren't that likely to call with overcards when the flop is so scary. This also seems like a case of reverse implied odds - hands like medium PPs probably won't pay you off, but you could end up betting all the way into a passive player with a Q.

On the turn, you just caught up to any other J. I'd probably bet out and fold to a raise. With just one other player, I could see check-calling as we are probably way ahead, way behind, or tied, but I don't like giving a possible free card to a straight/flush draw. I think checking here also makes it hard to know where we stand, since BB could easily have something like 88, which he now thinks is good since you checked the turn.

Finally with you way you played it, I'd probably call on the river and expect to lose. Its really hard to put MP2 on a hand since all he has done is call (and never had to cold-call), but it does look like he's got a T. BB could be beating us as well, but his check seems to say that he's afraid of that K, so he's not likely to raise. With all this uncertainty, I think I'd have to call getting a likely 12:1.

Harv72b
07-25-2005, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A check-raise may fold some weak tighties with overcards

[/ QUOTE ]

They'd have to be pretty weak/tight to fold AK there. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

When 2 players call the flop bet I just call behind with my J/weak kicker and reevaluate on the turn. In this case, check/fold the turn.

Skip Brutale
07-25-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You sound pretty good, you can not only tell what hand someone has, but also the difference when a call = crappy gutshot to made trips.

I think small pockets, misc draws, and a worse J will call on here. A check-raise may fold some weak tighties with overcards, and they'll certainly check to me on the turn.

The call on the turn was pretty stupid by me though, should have folded /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You also sound pretty good since you know that a Q will never slowplay and will always raise. When people call behind me on a paired board Im willing to accept the possibility someone has trips or get this, my pair but with a kicker above an 8, guess Im a bad player.

Also the only overcards possbile are AK, which is unlikely since the pot is not raised, and they will still not fold for 1 more bet.

You played the flop wrong. A check-raise there is stupid. If you cant see this then good luck.