PDA

View Full Version : fighting with sticks and stones

1800GAMBLER
07-24-2005, 11:08 PM
I'm really struggling with this part of omaha, the shorthanded pots post flop that are sometimes being faught with single pairs, i'm seeing a lot of surprising good river calls with very little and some aggressive flop play with little which makes me worry about folding the best hand too much early on. Anyhow:

$2k nl.

Dealt to Hero [ Ks As Jc 9d ]

Limper. I make it $90. Button calls. BB and limper call. Pot: $375.

** Dealing Flop ** [ 3c, 8d, Kh ]

Should i have confidence with my hand here? It's a nothing flop and only hands like 88tj kq98 etc are ahead of me.

In the hand i messed it up (i think) and checked. Button then potted it. I felt i put myself in an awful situation but couldn't fold and can't repot it now. I call.

** Dealing Turn ** [ 9h ]

I check, he bets $1127 (pot) with $300 behind.

The first mistake in this hand compounded throughout the hand. Yet i have to get all in here now, in the hopes of picking off K8xx that is thinking i'm holding on to AAxx. Yea?

Thanks as always.

mshalen
07-25-2005, 12:05 PM
Be careful making additional mistakes just because you made a first one. Also why are you married to the idea that he has K8xx? It is very easy to lose a big stack when you stay convinced that a possible hand you put him on now becomes the hand you are sure he has.

1800GAMBLER
07-25-2005, 12:16 PM
Did you read my post?

I didn't make additional mistakes because of the first one, i said the first mistake put me in a bad situation for the following two decisions and made it tougher to play.

I'm not married to the idea of K8xx; his hand range has to be as small as 889t 88xx and kq98 etc, right? If so, then on the turn i'm not folding.

bugstud
07-25-2005, 12:19 PM
I think your play is fine here, but I'll generally pot the flop and fold to a raise so I don't get into tricky spots like this.