PDA

View Full Version : KK with an A on the flop

Xiphoid
07-24-2005, 11:06 PM
Just want to know if this is the standard line of play:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

toss
07-24-2005, 11:21 PM
I'd give up on the river. I'd likely fold here too.

Harv72b
07-24-2005, 11:31 PM
I'm checking the river, and calling 1 if MP3 bets and UTG+1 folds. But if you do bet it, you have to fold to MP3's A3 raise.

dantheman_05
07-24-2005, 11:44 PM
i like the turn bet, why bet the river? not betting it 4 value. i chk call river, but since u bet now u have to call b/c pot is big

Paxosmotic
07-24-2005, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm checking the river, and calling 1 if MP3 bets and UTG+1 folds. But if you do bet it, you have to fold to MP3's A3 raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Perfect. This is a very good example of when you do not want to overcall.

JacksonTens
07-24-2005, 11:52 PM
No bet/fold in a pot of that size. What if MP3 was raise bluffing thinking that you were continuing a bluff on your preflop raise. There is no reason to suggest he has an ace, and if he does it is with a PK. You might be beat but you have to call. A read is very important here, but if he's justr an average Joe, I'd say 2 pair or a hopeless bluff are what you'll see here quite often.

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Skip Brutale
07-25-2005, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i like the turn bet, why bet the river? not betting it 4 value. i chk call river, but since u bet now u have to call b/c pot is big

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you like the turn bet.

dantheman_05
07-25-2005, 01:37 AM
big pot, im trying to showdown cheap..and nobody has shown any strgnth so far..i say bet and fold to raise

elindauer
07-25-2005, 01:52 AM
Why did you bet the flop? Why did you bet the turn? Why did you bet the river? I don't see the logic in any of these plays.

Good luck.
Eric

Skip Brutale
07-25-2005, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
big pot, im trying to showdown cheap..and nobody has shown any strgnth so far..i say bet and fold to raise

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to showdown cheap, then why are you betting? Just think about what you basically told me. I am betting the turn, so I can showdown cheap. Does that make sense.

GrunchCan
07-25-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why did you bet the flop? Why did you bet the turn? Why did you bet the river? I don't see the logic in any of these plays.

Good luck.
Eric

[/ QUOTE ]

Same reason for all 3: becasue hero often has the best hand here. Not every bed has a monster under it.

baronzeus
07-25-2005, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not every bed has a monster under it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The statement above is completely, 100% false.

Skip Brutale
07-25-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Good luck.
Eric

[/ QUOTE ]

Same reason for all 3: becasue hero often has the best hand here. Not every bed has a monster under it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, its brilliant to bet an underpocket pair when an A is out in a 3 handed pot EVERY STREET. Glad I read this post, it will improve my play.

dantheman_05
07-25-2005, 02:17 AM
guess i should refraise...i plan to bet turn so i can check the river. why should i check? nobody has shown any stregnth

GrunchCan
07-25-2005, 02:32 AM
I dont advocate betting the river necisarrily, but up until then we have no reason to believe that we are behind. Betting the flop is mandatory. Betting the turn is better than checking since we have an equity edge over flush and straight draws, and again, nobody has shown any interest in showingf any strength. Any A, K, Q, J or T could be calling along, but many of the As will raise, lead or checkraise. No reason to stop on the turn.

elindauer
07-25-2005, 04:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have 2nd pair. THREE players have shown an interest in this flop, and the turn just put a 3rd piece of broadway up. You think it's "fearing monsters" to point out that you are probably behind? The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Good luck.
Eric

jedi
07-25-2005, 04:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not every bed has a monster under it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The statement above is completely, 100% false.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think every bed does have a monster under it?

HolyBejeesus
07-25-2005, 05:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have 2nd pair. THREE players have shown an interest in this flop, and the turn just put a 3rd piece of broadway up. You think it's "fearing monsters" to point out that you are probably behind? The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Good luck.
Eric

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, betting the river is bad. However, checking this flop is retarded.