PDA

View Full Version : Feedback in real-time?

offTopic
03-01-2003, 05:40 PM
Please bear with me, I've played big-bet maybe a dozen times (all small buy-in or tourney) and I very seldom play tournaments.

I'm in one of the Pokerstars satellites...500 FPP gets you a spot in the tournament. 468 starters, 18 spots in tomorrow's WSOP satellite.

Obviously, I'm not looking for immediate help (well, unless someone sees this in time /forums/images/icons/smile.gif ) but I'm wondering - since the goal is ONLY to make the final 18 (ie, no concerns for actually winning) at what point can you go to cruise control?

46 left now, and I'm in 9th...avg stack is 15260, and I've got about 25k. Is there a mathematical way of figuring out when not to even get involved anymore?

Thanks...

MS Sunshine
03-01-2003, 08:10 PM
Average stack at 19 is almost 37K, any risk to win chips above this has little value. At your present spot, ahead of the average but less than what's needed, only premium hands out of postion and low-risk first in blind steals are best.

MS Sunshine

offTopic
03-01-2003, 09:17 PM
Average stack at 19 is almost 37K, any risk to win chips above this has little value. At your present spot, ahead of the average but less than what's needed, only premium hands out of postion and low-risk first in blind steals are best.

Well, I picked a good time to go card-dead as well, so I didn't really have a choice in the matter...I was leaking oil, and was in either 17th or 18th when one of the remaining short stacks busted. Whew.

Interesting, coming down to the bubble, since I don't play that many tournaments...right before we went hand-for-hand, I was looking at the shorter stacks on the other tables and elected to go for a semi-steal on the button with something like KTo...both blinds folded, and that gave me the necessary distance ahead of the other short stacks.

Damn...I was going to try and go in to the office and get some work done tomorrow...oh well.