PDA

View Full Version : Standard one?

1800GAMBLER
07-24-2005, 10:52 PM
$2k nl. This should be quick and easy. No reads. just sat.

Dealt to hero [ 7d 5d 9c 9d ]

3 EP limpers and i check my BB.

** Dealing Flop ** [ 3d, 9s, Kd ]
limper checks.
Hero bets [$97].
Villian calls [$97].
Folds.

** Dealing Turn ** [ As ]
Hero bets [$291].
Villian calls [$291].

** Dealing River ** [ 2c ]
Hero checks.

1. Fine?

2. My play if the river is Ad?

3. My play if the river is 8d?

4. My play if the river is 3s?

5. My play if the river is Ks?

Thanks always.

Spellmen
07-25-2005, 12:06 AM
Given the river card I would bet. Villain has shown no strength and probably has a flush draw. I can see checking if there is a good chance he will bluff, but I can't see worrying about KK or 45. I would put a small bet hoping he backed into 2 pair and will pay off a little more on the river

Rosie5
07-25-2005, 01:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Given the river card I would bet. Villain has shown no strength and probably has a flush draw. I can see checking if there is a good chance he will bluff, but I can't see worrying about KK or 45. I would put a small bet hoping he backed into 2 pair and will pay off a little more on the river

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you notice this is no limit? I agree with your advice but I'm just wondering, I was going to post exactly what you posted before I even read your post. Check to induce a bluff

This would appear to be a great bluffing spot for him, you're showing weakness on a card that's relatively a blank.

Given the action, It's pretty much a guarentee you have the best hand. If you check you could easily induce a bluff. I doubt he's check calling 3 streets with a hand he made on the flop. Worst case he shows you 45 with a flush draw. There's no way he has KK

May I ask where you are playing 2000$ NL omaha?

1800GAMBLER
07-25-2005, 09:50 AM
Party.

LA_Price
07-25-2005, 10:17 AM
I usually bet half the pot but I've been playing in a game where I know the players. Checking seems ok. I think the cards you don't wan't to see are any broadway.

mshalen
07-25-2005, 11:39 AM
You guys are kidding right?

What do you mean the V is weak check to induce a bluff. I love playing hands like the V seems to be doing. What hands could he have that he called (not check called-reread the seating arrangement) two big bets?

If I have KK and especially KKxx suited and the other guy is betting out each round I'll just call everytime and then raise/bet on the river. In omaha it is much easier to put your opponent on a hand so think about it - especially at this dollar level- what hands cvould justify calling two large bets and how would you play KKxx suited? Would you raise the bet and therefore give your hand away or just smooth call everytime then hammer him on the river?

1800GAMBLER
07-25-2005, 11:40 AM
'hat hands cvould justify calling two large bets'

K3xx.

bugstud
07-25-2005, 12:01 PM
I bet because 33 and AK are possible calling hands

1800GAMBLER
07-25-2005, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet because 33 and AK are possible calling hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, i felt shitty after this check because it seems no one in omaha is silly enough to bluff big on the river because inducing a bluff on the river is so common here.

Also, what do you think i should do with the other river cards?

bugstud
07-25-2005, 12:26 PM
I check an ace or a king, I am unsure what I do on a high wrap completer.

stupid party games, I just dropped 4 buyins in ten minutes on these tables because they're so nice.

Acesover8s
07-25-2005, 03:01 PM
Bet the river and its not close.

Checking to induce a bluff on a brick like this is pretty useless. If you really want to do that sort of thing, try a 1/4 or 1/3 pot bet and see if he'll put in a raise.

On your other river cards its really player dependant. In general I would:

Ad: Bet full, he may not bet a flush if he was on that draw but may call it. If he raises you, I would usually fold.

8d: Checkcall.

3s: I byet it all.

Ks: Checkcall.

Does party really have a NLO game? If so, Im all in on the turn.

Spellmen
07-25-2005, 04:09 PM
For the record I was not recommending a check. I would bet that river card everytime. I was only saying the ONLY reason to check that card in my opinion was if you were sure villain would bluff at it

bugstud
07-25-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Does party really have a NLO game? If so, Im all in on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

nah, it's all plo

just the tab says weird things sometimes

Lafortezza
07-26-2005, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
** Dealing River ** [ 2c ]
Hero checks.

[/ QUOTE ] Value bet or weak lead to induce a bluff, he either folds a missed flush, calls your weak lead with a weak hand that wouldn't pay off a big bet, or reraises on a bluff.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]check-call, I'd be tempted to c/r if you think he's flushing instead of KKxx.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]blocking bet or check/call if he bets small.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]value bet

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]check/call or I'd be tempted to fold as K3, AK, K9 have you beat.

Since when did you make the move from $100 tables to the $2kNL??????????? /images/graemlins/confused.gif (your other post)

TheRempel
07-27-2005, 12:16 AM
I would usually try to check-raise the flop, but I play low-limit and you tend to get paid a lot more often by garbage hands. Not sure if a check-raise would be effective at that limit.

1. Fine?

I'm inclined to throw out some sort of river bet, probably about 1/4 the pot, just in case he called with a draw on the flop and hit AK.

1/3 the pot hope he just calls. If you get reraised I would be more inclined to call then fold, but it's player dependant.

Check/call, check fold, depending on the player..

1/3 the pot and hope for a reraise by something like K3.

Tricky. I'll usually vary here between check-calling, check-folding, and maybe making a small value bet, but i can't imagine what he would call you with that you are beating other than K3.