PDA

View Full Version : is this loss to high

johnd
03-01-2003, 04:14 PM
i am a internet player and i have been doing well hoever i recently had a what seems to be a huge loss playing (1500$)15-30 hold em. I know 400$ of that was big time tilt, and I should have stopped when I started bagging my head on the table. I am normally a 5-10 player so i cant figure out if this is just a normal down swing. Even in 5-10 i have never lossed in 5 hours what it took 10 to win( I have only played 15-30 for a total of 15 hours. Any help on this would be appricated.

Ed Miller
03-01-2003, 05:11 PM
There is nothing unusual about having a loss of this magnitude occasionally.

Al_Capone_Junior
03-01-2003, 11:17 PM
That's a fairly big loss, even for 15-30. It would be about the same as losing 1,000 at 10-20 or 500 at 5-10. I've never lost more than 350 at a 5-10 game, and even then I got big pairs and sets cracked an inordinate # of times during that session. Of course if you tilted off 400 of it, that of course you know was stupid on your part. When playing in games that are higher than your normal limit, you shouldn't keep pushing your luck if you are losing. I remember the first time I played 10-20 stud I was a bit nervous about it. I had a bankroll of about 1,800 at the time and knew 10-20 stud was too high, but I took a shot at it with $400. I lost a couple hands and broke out another $200. I played for about three hours and wound up down about 150, and when the game got tougher, I left. I didn't play above 5-10 again for a while, and felt good about it. It's ok to take the occasional shot at higher limits, but you can't allow yourself to chase losses when you are there, especially if you don't have the bankroll for it. And going on TILT at a limit far above your regular game is OUT. If you don't have the discipline to follow my advice here, stick to your regular limits.

**MR.MANHATTAN**
03-04-2003, 06:42 AM
hi,no 1,500 stuck in a 15-30 game is no cause to panic...3,ooo would not be frequent but once in awhile...say 1 out of 52 x.??? i am not betting on that..just a feeling.....gas?you must buy in for 500$ and have 500 in reserve.that would be my plan b4 sitting down,depending on how i feel,how i been playing,how i got beat? etc etc ..if the games good break out another grand.....if not go get a grill cheese sandwich at the binions snack bar and get extra pickles....ok?