PDA

View Full Version : More on Neglect Effect

adios
03-01-2003, 03:34 PM
From a Friday Wall Street Journal article titled, Latest Call on Wall Street: Get a Real Job.

"According to figures tracked by the Nasdaq Stock Market, where many small stocks trade (along with some of the biggest technology stocks), 44% of it's approximately 3,800 companies have no analyst coverage at all, and an additional 14% are covered by just one analyst. The New York Stock Exchange doesn't track such data."

I would expect that the NYSE would have more coverage. Still 44% of the Nasdaq companies with no analyst coverage is an astounding figure to me and I would never have guessed even close to that number.

scalf
03-01-2003, 06:15 PM
/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif well, ya gotta have a certain amount of capitalization...or it just ain't gonna happen..(coverage by analysts)...as stocks reach a certain net worth..with rising value and expectation...waiting for analysts to discover a stock..or reaching level to be in index...a lotta cash to be made there...gl /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/club.gif