PDA

View Full Version : What To Do With Suckout 55 Resteal 5/10 NL

fimbulwinter
07-24-2005, 10:02 PM
CO sucks badly. like "minraise every blind, minbet every blind flop, stop when have no pair" bad. seems plays loose/weak and generally folds when played back at, so i've been doing that a lot.

folded to CO (1.4K), who makes it 20, I (button, 1.4K) make it 90, blinds fold, CO calls.

K44 3 suits (210)

I bet 200, He calls

5 (610)

is it better to bet 400 here and probably lose him or check and then raise his inevitable river blocker all-in?

fim

Big_Jim
07-24-2005, 10:33 PM
I think that a turn bet is fine, what would he call with on the flop that he wouldn't call with again on the turn?

Maybe make a slightly smaller 1/2 pot bet to entice him into calling, if you don't think it will tip off your strength, which it likely won't, for this idiot.

TheWorstPlayer
07-24-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What To Do With Suckout 55 Resteal 5/10 NL

[/ QUOTE ]

Big_Jim
07-24-2005, 10:36 PM
ah, hah.

FMP

fimbulwinter
07-24-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that a turn bet is fine, what would he call with on the flop that he wouldn't call with again on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

all kings except maybe AK, all PP's <AA.

fim

creedofhubris
07-25-2005, 12:07 AM
Against a bad calling station, you can't steal, so your preflop raises should be to isolate.

I think, bet this turn, but bet 200-300 again. Then put in a big river bomb.

Big_Jim
07-25-2005, 04:00 AM
If he's really folding all Ks < AK and all PPs < KK then I think a turn check is good, assuming that he will call a decent river bet. There are no real scare cards that can hit to kill your action except for an A or a K.

Furthermore, since it is highly unlikely that he could have a hand that will give you lots of action, but that you beat, I don't think you're missing out on much value by checking the turn.

fimbulwinter
07-25-2005, 05:38 AM
i bet the turn 300 and he folded. i dunno what he had or if the other line is preferable (in retrospect i think it might be).

anyone else wanna weigh in here? i'm at a loss.

fim

jsmith5
07-27-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i bet the turn 300 and he folded. i dunno what he had or if the other line is preferable (in retrospect i think it might be).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your lead on the turn is the right play for a good player. But to a bad player like this, he would guess a check means you were just trying to buy the flop. To him, a follow-up bet means you really do have a hand. I like to check in this spot. Hopefully he bets the turn, where I would just call (or even min-raise since that's his normal move), then lead out at the river.

If he does have a weak K, a check on the turn will usually induce a call from him on the end, since he will think very straightforward about the action.

mgsimpleton
07-27-2005, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

you think he is weak, so check turn and don't raise blocker all in, min raise blocker. weak crappy players will call min raises but not pushes.

or, in response to my other post (dunno if you saw it), ALL IN!!! YOU HIT A BOAT!!!