PDA

View Full Version : Party 1/2 AJo MP1

apaugust
07-24-2005, 09:45 PM
CO: LA-A 90VP$P 10PFR, if no one bet to him after flop almost always brings it in, also big calling station if bet into.

BB: No big read, seems LP-P

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

davelin
07-24-2005, 09:51 PM
I don't like your turn line here. I guess your read here is that he'll always bet when checked to. Still, is there a high chance that he'll check given you check/raised the flop?

MrBruno
07-24-2005, 09:52 PM
Preflop: fine

Flop: I don't understand the raise. CO must have caught a piece of the flop. I don't see it being a value raise since you only have ace high and you don't have a hand to protect. In fact, I'd call the flop and fold the turn ui.

Turn: fine

River: fine

davelin
07-24-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: I'd limp in early position

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero isn't in early position.

MrBruno
07-24-2005, 09:57 PM
Sorry, missed that!

McGahee
07-24-2005, 09:59 PM
I understand that you're trying to use your reads to your advantage with moves you normally wouldn't make here, but I don't like it.

I don't see what a flop C/R accomplishes because if you don't find something you like on the turn - then well - the opponent you described is the worst kind to be playing against in this situation OOP.

apaugust
07-24-2005, 10:01 PM
I decided to check because the Ace looks like a scare card if I was holding a Q, and CO likes to bet when scare cards come if no one else bets in hope of picking up the pot.

apaugust
07-24-2005, 10:06 PM
I decided to raise on the flop because BB folded and I was pretty confident I had CO beat as I have seen him bet with nothing numerous times.

MrWookie47
07-24-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: I'd limp in early position

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero isn't in early position.

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise in EP. Personally, I think raising &gt; folding &gt; limping with AJo.

apaugust
07-24-2005, 10:12 PM
I only decided to raise because of BB folding, and being pretty confident I had CO beat. If the turn would have been a rag I probably would have bet out looking for a fold, as I had seen CO fold to bets after high aggression on earlier streets. If CO raised me on the turn I would lay it down, if called I would either c/r river if I hit or c/f if a rag hit and was bet into.

McGahee
07-24-2005, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I only decided to raise because of BB folding, and being pretty confident I had CO beat. If the turn would have been a rag I probably would have bet out looking for a fold, as I had seen CO fold to bets after high aggression on earlier streets. If CO raised me on the turn I would lay it down, if called I would either c/r river if I hit or c/f if a rag hit and was bet into.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, as long as he's capable of making a fold. You really can't fold if the turn is a K or a T though since you pick up a straight draw.
I'm just saying if the turn is a brick, the worst possible type of villian to play against OOP is "a calling station who always bets when I check to him".

apaugust
07-25-2005, 05:11 AM
Ya, I agree with you, I just thought there was a decent chance he would fold to more aggression.