PDA

View Full Version : AK hand i just played..think its 100% standard but would like to check

DcifrThs
07-24-2005, 08:46 PM
26/16/1.5 raises in LMP, he raises light here and is aggressive. i 3bet AhKx, a regular 1/2 player who is 26/10/1.7 calls in teh blinds.

flop is QhTxXh checked to LMP who bets i raise blind calls cold and LMP calls.

turn is a blank non heart. now blind bets LMP calls and i call.

right, right?

-Barron

smurfitup
07-24-2005, 08:58 PM
right... the only other line i could think of is raising the turn for a free showdown, but that seems like suicide given the number of times you'll be 3-bet by a flush/2 pair and the fact that ace-king high will rarely win at showdown against two players on that board with that preflop action

ike
07-24-2005, 09:22 PM
I just call the flop most of the time. What are you trying to accomplish with the raise?

Diplomat
07-24-2005, 09:34 PM
The turn is pretty easy unless you've got a real bead on the big blind. I just feel queasy when the river is a black ace and action goes bet-call.

-Diplomat

Carmine
07-24-2005, 09:47 PM
This looks good to me. I think the flop raise is good giving BB poor odds to draw, go for the free card, put LMP in a tough spot if he didn't hit the flop, etc.
I think when BB bets out on the turn I think you will need to hit your gutshot to take this down (I'm putting him on TT most likely and QT second). You have the odds to draw so you must call. An Ace on the river is really going to put you in a tough spot IMO. I would call one bet to me if it does come though. The pot is big enough.

ggbman
07-24-2005, 09:54 PM
I dont see merit to playing any street differently. Nh.

Gabe

DcifrThs
07-25-2005, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The turn is pretty easy unless you've got a real bead on the big blind. I just feel queasy when the river is a black ace and action goes bet-call.

-Diplomat

[/ QUOTE ]

yea well the river was a red ace and it went check check. i bet bb called LMP released.

i win w/ 1 pair aces vs. QJ.

-Barron

lil feller
07-25-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This looks good to me. I think the flop raise is good giving BB poor odds to draw, go for the free card, put LMP in a tough spot if he didn't hit the flop, etc.
I think when BB bets out on the turn I think you will need to hit your gutshot to take this down (I'm putting him on TT most likely and QT second). You have the odds to draw so you must call. An Ace on the river is really going to put you in a tough spot IMO. I would call one bet to me if it does come though. The pot is big enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I count the pot right he's getting 9.5:1 on his call, closing the action. BB has to have at least 2pair (stop & go reaks of strength), and who knows what LMP has. 3 clean outs, heart may or may not be good (LMP), and horrible implied odds since once you call the turn, you may as well turn your hand up. Maybe i'm crazy, but I muck on the turn.

lf

DcifrThs
07-25-2005, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
BB has to have at least 2pair (stop & go reaks of strength),

[/ QUOTE ]

why can't BB have pair + draw bet to protect?

-Barron

lil feller
07-25-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BB has to have at least 2pair (stop & go reaks of strength),

[/ QUOTE ]

why can't BB have pair + draw bet to protect?

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

The calling two cold on the flop looks, to me, more like a hand that doesn't need protecting. I would think the right move w/ QJ, KQ, or AQ is to c/3bet to force out the unknown LMP and put pressure on you. His smooth call stop & go looks alot more like 2pair then it does pair/draw.

I just read the river post and obviously I was wrong, but in the heat of the moment thats the read I would have made. Am I out of whack?

lf

DcifrThs
07-25-2005, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just read the river post and obviously I was wrong, but in the heat of the moment thats the read I would have made. Am I out of whack?

[/ QUOTE ]

well no. YOU are not outta whack (wack?) but then again, not everybody thinks like you.

-Barron

flawless_victory
07-25-2005, 12:49 AM
i play every street the same, but i can see calling the flop if you think this guy is gonna threebet your ass most of the time.

DcifrThs
07-25-2005, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i play every street the same, but i can see calling the flop if you think this guy is gonna threebet your ass most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

i play like 15-16% of my hands....3betting me here screams massssive strength which i only want a jack to hit in that case

-Barron

URMeowed
07-25-2005, 01:14 AM
LOLOLOL. They play this game everyday?

Meow.

URMeowed
07-25-2005, 01:16 AM
My initial feeling was fold the turn also...till I read the results and see that they are still donks...just tight preflop is all. This is why tracker is useful but can also deceive you.

Meow.

URMeowed
07-25-2005, 01:20 AM
He's suppose to be only drawing to the jack for a win but alas, this is still party. They could spread the 4000/8000 game here and they would still play like donks.

Meow.

oreogod
07-25-2005, 04:51 AM
What line would you say is best for BB w/ the QJ. I know you are a tighter player and he probably knows that but isnt 3-betting the flop his best move here?

Carmine
07-25-2005, 06:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I count the pot right he's getting 9.5:1 on his call, closing the action. BB has to have at least 2pair (stop & go reaks of strength), and who knows what LMP has. 3 clean outs, heart may or may not be good (LMP), and horrible implied odds since once you call the turn, you may as well turn your hand up. Maybe i'm crazy, but I muck on the turn.

lf

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct, I mis-counted the bets in the pot. Given that it is hard to give overcard outs alot of weight here I'm dumping it on the turn. I'm glad it worked out for you though. BB gets some comments for future referance.

DeeJ
07-25-2005, 07:50 AM
Looks fine, you are probably only drawing to 4 outs but you may have as many as 7 or 10. Soooooo, I'd assume 5 or 5.5 and the turn call is easy. If the Ace / King hits the river I'd be very disappointed if it went bet-call-raise-call ...

siegfriedandroy
07-25-2005, 09:51 AM
Im also curious about bb's 'correct' line. Why is meow referring to him as such a donk? Preflop, clearly he shouldnt have called. After the flop? I agree three betting feels right, but is calling, betting turn horrible. Also, perhaps he should have folded river? But pot seems big enough, and perhaps bettor turns over JJ? Very likely, though, qj is behind, so is folding best?

Last point: If bet into on river, dcifr should just call, right? Value raise seems wrong since he is surely not ahead 55% of the time he is called, right? Comments appreciated