PDA

View Full Version : lack of sack?

oreogod
07-24-2005, 08:14 PM
What we are up against here is a LAPboy w/ numbers 45/18/1.2 over 100 hands.

What do u do? I was thinking I probably should have capped and led the turn.

Absolute Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.66 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.66 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.66 BB

brettbrettr
07-24-2005, 08:16 PM
Yeah, the only reason I see not to cap the flop is to raise a later street. I think I'd just go ahead and cap the flop.

toss
07-24-2005, 08:18 PM
I'd probably cap and call if he leads the turn. His numbers make me think he's less likely that he has you beat just yet.

Paxosmotic
07-24-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the only reason I see not to cap the flop is to raise a later street. I think I'd just go ahead and cap the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Get out of my head, get out of my head! As I was reading the hand it was "hmm, stops short on the flop, must want to raise the turn. Nope, didn't. Weird."

McGahee
07-24-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, against a more aggressive player I'll call the flop 3-bet and raise the turn. Against a passive player I'll cap the flop &amp; call down.

oreogod
07-24-2005, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Get out of my head, get out of my head! As I was reading the hand it was "hmm, stops short on the flop, must want to raise the turn. Nope, didn't. Weird."

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah my plan was to raise the turn, but this guy did the same thing to me twice before and usually had me beat, mostly by his crap (ragged two pair) improving to beat my good stuff. So I chickened out.

Anyway question: say I cap, and he CR the turn (but while thinking about it I thought the flop cap was probably easier)...what do u do. Same thing if he waits until the river, what do u do?

SeaEagle
07-24-2005, 08:38 PM
What hands do you put villian on after he caps PF and 3-bets the turn? Against a normal player you'd only be beating QQ, so just calling down would be OK.

In this case, the guy raises 18% of his hands, so you can add a few more in, but he's a little passive so I wouldn't expect him to be 3-betting with most of those hands. IMO, these stats aren't LAGgy enough for more aggression. I'd play it like you did.