PDA

View Full Version : Montana Gov. (R) supports dam removal

Ed I
03-01-2003, 12:45 PM
"Right thing to do" "science supports removing Milltown Dam" I never thought I would here these statements from Gov. Judy Martz. I'm very pleased.

It's ironic, some in her party have chided her for siding with the environmentalists.

The dam is located on the Clark Fork,my home river. The fishing can do nothing but get better.

HDPM
03-01-2003, 02:09 PM
That may be "Montana Gov. (R) to be defeated in the next election...... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Ed I
03-02-2003, 01:12 AM
She's not very popular even in the Republican party . I wonder if this decision was somehow politically motivated,I mean based on science, thats hard to buy. Whatever the motive,I'm very pleased that the dam will be removed.

Ray Zee
03-02-2003, 02:15 PM
the state gets outside money for the dam cleanup, so she is in favor of it. plus her rating is so low she is trying to appease the environment movement a little by showing she isnt totally pro development. she stated she was the lap dog of industry after she got elected. can you believe that.
the big thing is that it was going to go forward no matter what she really did so she did the italian thing by siding with whoever was going to win the war.