PDA

View Full Version : unclear BB hand

dark_horse
07-24-2005, 05:47 PM
unreasonable fold here? marginal preflop call at best, i know. just sat at table, so no reads.

if SB bet, i was going to raise. if SB checked, i was going to c/r the PF raiser who was likely going to bet. but once action got back to me, i felt i couldn't continue with the hand.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero folds

Harv72b
07-24-2005, 06:26 PM
It's very possible for this betting sequence to occur after this flop and your hand to still be best, but it's very difficult to continue here with all the action in front of you, and many of your outs potentially conterfeited. It's tempting to take a look at the turn getting 8:1 to on your call, but I'd pass &amp; wait for the next hand.

W. Deranged
07-24-2005, 06:31 PM
D.H.-

1. I think this is a pre-flop fold. Your hand has little high-card strength and very marginal straight potential. Suited it would be a play, but this hand doesn't have enough going for it. Any top-pair type hand will be extremely vulnerable to overcards and hard to protect in a multi-way, raised pot.

2. As it is, I think your flop line is fine. You may be ahead against two players on flush draws and/or overcards, but even in that situation your equity edge (if it exists) will be small. There are very few cards on the turn you want to see. Button may have an overpair. You will be giving reverse implied odds to any draws if you are ahead and if you're behind you have very few outs.

I think checking this flop is probably a good move, because your best chance to protect your hand will be to check-raise a bet from button and force out the EP and LP players between you. As demonstrated, the check is really "two-way"; you have to be willing to fold to a bet and raise back to you.

Erik W
07-24-2005, 08:24 PM
Commonly played hands from UTG+1 limping in is 77,88 or a
JTs,QTs,QJs. I'd definately bet out a club draw on this board.
I'd CR a set to fold out the others on this board.

Club draw is most likley hence.
Button probably have an overpair so I'd just fold.

I'm rarely raising overcards on a draw heavy board especially when someone is betting into 4 players.