PDA

View Full Version : The Worst Fold I've Ever Seen

Mens Rea
07-24-2005, 05:38 PM
This was observed in a 2/5 game I was in last night. Just wanted a few opinions - I told a friend in the game that, barring rediculous odds folds, like refusing to call off your last $5 in a $2000 pot, it was the worst fold I've ever seen. What do you think?

UTG is average as far as preflop raising goes, and thinks he is on the WPT. LP is a maniac (loose preflop raising and reraising standards, calls people down - impossible to bluff - he is there to gamble). Stack sizes are around $1000, give or take.

UTG has AA

UTG raises to $50, all fold to LP, who reraises to $100, all else fold to UTG, who reraises to $150, LP reraises to $200, UTG calls.

Flop is K 8 3 rainbow.

UTG bets $50. LP raises to $150. UTG deliberates, mutters, "He hit his set of kings," and mucks. Oh, and by the way, LP has called two previous all-ins preflop with 44 and J10, both in the last 20 minutes.

LP tables JJ.

Settle the bet between my friend and I. On a scale of one to ten, one being a fold similar to laying down AK to a short stack all-in preflop late in a tournament, and ten being folding quad aces on the turn because you are afraid the opponent will hit his straight flush, where does this fall.

Also, I'd like to know if anyone who plays $2-5 has ever seen aces played worse overall.

Thanks guys.

durron597
07-24-2005, 05:42 PM
How does UTG have both AA and JJ?

Mens Rea
07-24-2005, 05:45 PM
Sorry about that. OP edited - LP tables JJ.

doodle2
07-24-2005, 05:50 PM
at least a 9

SpaceAce
07-24-2005, 06:09 PM
First of all, the pre-flop min-raising sucks a fantastic amount of ass. Why in the world would anyone mess around with those minimum raises against a loose maniac? The fact that hero sucks so badly post-flop makes the pre-flop suckage three times as sucky.

The flop fold is miserable. I don't know what number to assign it, but I think a 9 is not out of the question.

SpaceAce

mgsimpleton
07-24-2005, 06:56 PM
if he makes it 300 to go preflop he can commit himself preflop to play to the felt then this is way easier. but yeah worst fold i've ever seen... i would put him on AK just as easily as KK. first guess is not JJ but you know thats why we play b&m.

radioheadfan
07-24-2005, 06:57 PM
From beginning to end, that's some ugly poker.
The flop fold is unbelievably bad. But since a 10 is folding the pure nuts on the turn fearing a possible 1-2 out suckout, this is only an 8.

fsuplayer
07-24-2005, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sucks a fantastic amount of ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is great. i plan on using it in the future.

psyduck
07-24-2005, 07:38 PM
What a [censored] horrible hand. The preflop play makes me want to vomit.

Mens Rea
07-24-2005, 09:11 PM
I think you guys are right. The post should have been titled, "The worst play I've ever seen."

I think this should suffice to win my bet. Appreciate the responses guys.

Alex/Mugaaz
07-24-2005, 09:20 PM
I think I hate the preflop play even more.

Voltron87
07-24-2005, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG raises to $50, all fold to LP, who reraises to $100, all else fold to UTG, who reraises to $150, LP reraises to $200, UTG calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a No-Limit Texas-Holdem forum. If you look to the left, (and slightly higher) you will see the limit forums. Thnx.

Mens Rea
07-24-2005, 10:31 PM
I'll be sure to let the assclown who played his aces this way know that.

By the way, can anyone come up with a scenerio where the guy could have played this worse? I tried, and I couldn't think of one, other than mucking preflop, of course.

Alex/Mugaaz
07-24-2005, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll be sure to let the assclown who played his aces this way know that.

By the way, can anyone come up with a scenerio where the guy could have played this worse? I tried, and I couldn't think of one, other than mucking preflop, of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mucking preflop would of been way better.

Richie Rich
07-25-2005, 03:47 AM
9/10

RydenStoompala
07-25-2005, 07:43 AM
Likely a 9. Given the enormous quantity of drugs and CIA brainwashing techniques it would take to pitch quad aces away in case of a straight flush, I would say it could be a 10.I had my bankroll dented on the weekend by both a straight flush and quads (within two hours of each other) so s*&% does happen, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to see your opponent holding the magnum nuts each and every hand. God aweful fold. Pre-flop play was enough to make you want to blow chunks.

edge
07-25-2005, 08:09 AM
The fold itself isn't _terrible_. It's bad, but I have seen worse. The hand as a whole, however, is incredibly poorly played. The preflop donking around followed by the tiny flop bet is pure awesome.

Eegs
07-25-2005, 03:40 PM
yea ive probably played my aces worse than he did