PDA

View Full Version : Another "value" bet?

SpaceAce
07-24-2005, 05:20 PM
Another checkup on the heels of this post: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2953211&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1

I have black KQo in the big blind. A couple of limpers, the small blind completes and I check.

The flop is Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif6/images/graemlins/club.gif.

The small blind bets, I raise, an EP limper cold-calls and the small blind thinks for a few seconds then calls.

The turn is the 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

The small blind hesitates a few seconds then checks, I bet, the limper calls, the small blind calls.

The river is the 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif
The small blind checks...

Easy bet, of course. Right? I have no reason to feel beaten or try to "induce" anything from the guy behind me, correct?

SpaceAce

istewart
07-24-2005, 05:23 PM
Yes.

Nick C
07-24-2005, 05:24 PM
It looks like a bet to me.

Brunger
07-24-2005, 05:28 PM
Bet and expect to get called and be good.

SpaceAce
07-24-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet and expect to get called and be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, yes... I suppose if I were someone else, that is exactly what I would expect. Since I am me, however, and my hand will never ever be good here, I'm just checking to make sure that the bet itself is good. It seems like an easy bet on paper but then again, the guy behind me calling all these bets is not going to lay down anything I beat and is not going to pay off with a busted flush draw and might value bet a worse Queen if I check the river.

Betting was probably the correct play, though.

SpaceAce

damaniac
07-24-2005, 06:31 PM
He might bet a worse queen, but he will always call with one. I also don't think he's bluffing a busted draw into two players, so no need to worry about inducing bluffs.

MisterKing
07-24-2005, 06:36 PM
Bet and call a raise (if the raiser is aggresive)if you are closing the action. If you are either not closing the action or facing a timid or neutral (AF-TOT=1) raiser, then bet/fold.

clownshoes
07-24-2005, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Betting was probably the correct play, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not just probably, betting IS the correct play