PDA

View Full Version : What hands more to play to raise a 16% VPIP?

Erik W
07-24-2005, 04:30 PM
Hi guys!
I am working to raise my VPIP from 16%.
I am trying some new hands but don't know if they are profitable.

I'd like suggestions on hands to play and in what circumstances, blind play included.

My own suggestions.
In a game that is not extremally agressive:
Play AXs hand in all postitions after 1 limper.
Play all low pairs after one limper.

If raised and at least one cc i play AXs in the BB.

If 3 players in can I play it in the SB?

Is it ok to cc QKs against a raisr with PFR 9+ and a player is already in? AJs?

How low can I play offsuit hands in SB with 3 players already in?

If 3 players already in and it is raised can I play many more suited "bad hands" like 85s,95 etc in BB or how do you treat them?

Any other suggestions will be appreciated.
Please advice me only if u play them yourself.

dantheman_05
07-24-2005, 04:36 PM
dont cold call, 3 bet or fold

TylerK
07-24-2005, 04:47 PM
Look for more opportunities to play hands from the SB. You don't say where you're playing, but if you're in a game with a 1/2 blind structure, there are a lot of hands you can add from that position. What's your current stat for VP$ISB and over how many hands?

Paxosmotic
07-24-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
dont cold call, 3 bet or fold

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh? I will happily cold call with AJs and KQs.

Harv72b
07-24-2005, 05:14 PM
Some easy ways to increase your VPIP by a few points:

-Add suited one-gappers after 2 or more limpers.
-Add any 2 suited from the SB, assuming a 1:2 blind structure.
-Add KXs, where X is >5, from LP behind 3 or more limpers.
-Add AXo, where X is >5, from LP behind 1 limper (not more than 1, just 1).
-Add all pocket pairs from all positions in an unraised pot. This depends on table conditions--you probably want to muck 22-55 from EP if the table is tight/aggressive, unless there is already a limper ahead of you.

[ QUOTE ]
If raised and at least one cc i play AXs in the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is okay, but you have to be very careful. Unless the PFR was a steal (or something like KQ/KJs) you are drawing to at most 3 outs + your flush potential, and you can't allow yourself to get tied to a bunch of pots where you hit your ace but get outkicked. You also have to be able to collect big when you hit two pair, to offset the times you put in bet(s) on the flop with the weaker ace.

[ QUOTE ]
If 3 players in can I play it in the SB?

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a raise? I'd play ATs+ from the SB in the situation, unless the raiser was so ridiculously tight that I knew he had at least QQ or AK. Again, you have to be really careful in those situations.

[ QUOTE ]
Is it ok to cc QKs against a raisr with PFR 9+ and a player is already in? AJs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually, yes. Depending on the raiser & caller's standards, 3-betting may also be in order.

[ QUOTE ]
How low can I play offsuit hands in SB with 3 players already in?

[/ QUOTE ]

In a 1:2 blind structure, I'm playing any 2 unsuited T or above, and any 2 unsuited connectors 56 or above after 3 limpers.

[ QUOTE ]
If 3 players already in and it is raised can I play many more suited "bad hands" like 85s,95 etc in BB or how do you treat them?

[/ QUOTE ]

With 3 players and a raiser in the pot, I will play almost any 2 suited from the BB. I'm a little more selective if you mean 2 limpers then a raiser, again depending on the other players, but will generally call the raise with any suited ace, any 2 suited ten or above, and any suited connectors down to 2-gappers. Sometimes J7s as well.

Erik W
07-24-2005, 05:20 PM
I'm 41.25% in 50000 hands.
I play everything suited and two cards 8+ and 67,78 which
seems liberal to me. This is when there is at least 1 limper.

Are there more hands to play with 2+ or 3+ limpers?

I cc any low pair when at least 1 limper before a raiser.

imported_leader
07-24-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm 41.25% in 50000 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's too high, IMO. 30% would be better. Maybe a little higher, but not 40%. Your problem might be you're not stealing enough. What's your Att. To Steal Blinds number?

Erik W
07-24-2005, 07:03 PM
I'm stealing 29%. I have been working on that lately but I'd like to get it up some more though.

KDawgCometh
07-24-2005, 07:21 PM
you want your steal % at around 35

Erik W
07-24-2005, 08:17 PM
Yeah, I'm trying to accomplish that but I can't get near it.
I steal enough at the Button but not much at all from SB cause
I often get 3 betted with bad hands OOP and dislike it.

Anyone have a link to a post who discusses what to steal with from SB?

RacersEdge
07-24-2005, 08:30 PM
Just go with SSHE for loose games. That's basically what I do except the game needs to be pretty loose for me to limp with Q9s early and K2s from late - or cold call with 22 early. My VPIP is about 19.5.