PDA

View Full Version : FP937s 1280x1024 doesnt work

Poldi
07-24-2005, 03:28 PM
Ok, here is the problem:
Every resolution works fine on my BenQ-screen except for the highest (1280x1024).
When I change the settings to that resolution, the screen becomes black for 10 seconds stating "no signal detected", then my old resolution pops back.
I took the PC from a friend and my screen -> no problem at all.
I took his screen and my PC -> no problem with the resolution.

I wrote an email to the tech-support of BenQ, they said it must be a gfx card issue.
I got Geforce FX 5700, I tried the newest driver (there is one general driver that works on every nvidia card) and the newest detonator driver. Same result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I hate the tables overlapping so much while multitabling.

Poldi
07-26-2005, 06:34 AM
Anyone?

jmillerdls
07-26-2005, 07:29 AM
Have the exact same monitor by the way.
Haven't ever experienced this myself, and as I read, I just assumed it was your graphics card. I can't think of anything else it could be. Have you looked at the settings at all?
Right click on desktop and select properties.
Select the Settings tab.
Click on Advanced.
Select your video card's tab.
Look at the refresh rate for that resolution...or something along those lines. I've got a 6800GT, so I'm not sure what it looks like for the 5700.
I just think its got to be something with the video card.
Not much help, I know.

Poldi
07-26-2005, 03:17 PM
Refresh Rate is 60 Hz. I cant pick any other rate, i heard it makes no difference for flatscreens.
I asked a guy who knows some about this kind of technic stuff and he also said it might be the refresh rate but there is no other option to pick so it should be the right one /images/graemlins/wink.gif