PDA

View Full Version : John Juanda

07-24-2005, 02:51 PM
My friend told me the other day that he seemed to think he heard somewhere that John Juanda is in the process of writing a book, as well as Negreanu. I can't seem to find any release dates for Juanda through Amazon.com and a few others. Anybody here anything about this? I'd love to read a book from Juanda, who to me is the master of the preflop raise.

deacsoft
07-24-2005, 03:35 PM
I'm going to be interviewing Mr. Juanda soon. I'll be sure to ask him.

Aceshigh7
07-24-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to be interviewing Mr. Juanda soon. I'll be sure to ask him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, please let us know. I'm interested in this too.

trdi
07-24-2005, 07:44 PM
I don't know what's all this hype about Juanda. He just plays million tournaments per year. He plays excellent against amateurs in first days and gets himself a nice stack. Than when he plays against real players he USUALLY looses everything very fast.

lighterjobs
07-24-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what's all this hype about Juanda. He just plays million tournaments per year. He plays excellent against amateurs in first days and gets himself a nice stack. Than when he plays against real players he USUALLY looses everything very fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

not agreeing with you that he loses everything against good players, but i was watching him play the doyle brunson tournament with what looked like a weak table and he was killing them. he put on a clinic.

Hold'me
07-24-2005, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
not agreeing with you that he loses everything against good players, but i was watching him play the doyle brunson tournament with what looked like a weak table and he was killing them. he put on a clinic.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you consider Carlos Mortenson, Hung La, David Pham, and Erik Seidel a weak table? Right.

Jordan Olsommer
07-27-2005, 05:26 PM
http://www.improving.org/albums/photobooth/03_DVD01_125.sized.jpg

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW??

Colonel Kataffy
07-28-2005, 03:39 AM
Nice pic, but...I don't get it /images/graemlins/confused.gif

07-28-2005, 01:26 PM
if I remember correctly, Juanda is consistently in the top ranking in points. Obviously the guy can play.

SossMan
07-28-2005, 01:57 PM
please....

i played against him for 4 hours at the WPT Shooting Star. The guy was able to accurately call out showdown hands like 90% of the time. It was scary sick.