PDA

View Full Version : Three handed, short stack, naked ace...

chaz64
07-24-2005, 01:49 PM
This was my first tourney, so please be gentle /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I had been dealt crap for most of the night, but managed to hang in there and keep folding while others made some questionable moves and busted themselves out. My stack was down to next to nothing when I caught some good cards which allowed me to raise, doubling up a few times, after which I got quite a few PF folds when I raised - I guess my image was pretty tight and they figured I had a hand.

I thought any ace would be best here PF and raised, expecting them to fold (that had typically been the response anyway). The flop looked fairly harmless and with one big card I thought it likely the flop missed villain and I could represent a PP or a queen. I figured that I would have to gamble at some point if I was to have any chance here and I would have to push it all in now, as I might very well have the best hand anyway.

I'm not sure now how I should have played this. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t4570)
Button (t7540)
Hero (t1390)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Button calls t200, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t800</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls t600.

Flop: (t1800) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t590 (All-In)</font>, Button calls t590.

Turn: (t2980) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t2980) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t2980

tigerite
07-24-2005, 01:58 PM
Ugh. Don't raise for 60% your stack. Just push all-in preflop.

silencee
07-24-2005, 02:00 PM
After the limper, I'm not so sure as to what would be the right play here, I just know yours wasn't. The problem I have with what you did is that raising 800 absolutely commits you, so why not raise the extra 580 or so. Against a weaker player, seeing the "All-in" could create more fold equity than just the simple 800. You don't want a call here at all.

If you could have opened the betting round, you would've definately pushed this hand without hesistation, but the limper complicates things. I still lean towards pushing, but I'm not as sure that that is the right play as I would be if there was no limper. Definately do not raise 2/3 of your stack though.

Actually, after relooking over the stack sizes and the blinds, I would've pushed it preflop.