PDA

View Full Version : Common situation that I find difficult

Gomez22
07-24-2005, 11:31 AM
This has happened to me numerous times over the last few days, and it's usually in the early stages of a SNG.

I'll get a high PP (AA-JJ) and raise it to 3xBB + 1 BB for each limper. Will get 1-2 callers. Flop will come ragged, and a limper will lead into me for anywhere from a min-bet to the size of the pot. I'll put in a pot-sized raise and the player that led into me will go all-in.

The last 2 times it happened, the first time, I called with QQ on a 578r flop and the limper had 64o. The last time, it was QQ again on a 872r flop and I folded to the push. To me, this is beginning to look like a flopped monster or at the very least a monster draw.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to approach this situation? Is this normally a raise/fold situation against an unknown player early on in a SNG (or maybe a MTT for that matter)?

Thanks for any thoughts,

'Mez

ChuckNorris
07-24-2005, 11:36 AM
At least at party's buy-ins 11-55 always go all-in. Maybe not if the flop is like KQJ spades and you have red A's.

psyduck
07-24-2005, 11:37 AM
On any flop when I have an overpair and I'm facing a sizeable bet, I push at the 11s to the 33s. You will get called by top pair as often as you being called by something better.

Sabrazack
07-24-2005, 11:37 AM
I almost never fold overpairs above JJ in the 20+2 tournaments that i play unless there is alot of action from several players. I might on a very scary flop, but on a rag flop i wont.

gumpzilla
07-24-2005, 11:38 AM
I think people will also do this with worse overpairs and TPTK, even on a raggy board. Most of the time you should be calling.

45suited
07-24-2005, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The last 2 times it happened, the first time, I called with QQ on a 578r flop and the limper had 64o. The last time, it was QQ again on a 872r flop and I folded to the push. To me, this is beginning to look like a flopped monster or at the very least a monster draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad. Very bad. Get as much money in before the flop. And there's not enough time to worry about flopped monsters if you're playing an 800 chip SNG. Get as much money in before the flop as you think you can. Gladly call his push with your QQ and double up.

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to approach this situation? Is this normally a raise/fold situation against an unknown player early on in a SNG

[/ QUOTE ]

Assume your opponents suck. (As the guy with 64 did.) When you raise strongly before the flop and then flop an overpair, gladly call the players' push.