PDA

View Full Version : This is probably a mess too

1800GAMBLER
07-24-2005, 08:43 AM
$400 PLO.

4 limpers to me in the SB with Q9s92s, just fold and be done with it? I call.

Flop:

Aojh9h not my suit.

Check or bet? Seems like i am probably leading if small amounts of money go in and i don't want to give any free cards but if anything worthwhile goes in i'm in small dog to large dog land? So betfold or check and see what happens? Whats your plan on a check?

I pot it and get called by LP.

Turn:

3o.

Pot it again? I do so. He reraises all in. I'm getting 2.8:1 and fold, nothing major there.

Whats his most likely hand Ah, xh, Ao, x? I can't see why he would wait untill the turn with something like qotsks.

Thoughts?

flawless_victory
07-24-2005, 09:05 AM
PF is standard.
flop is a "check and see" (prob call) in most games, but the party 2/4 (my very limited experience) i dont mind potting it. aces up will give you action.
on the turn, i think you should check it, if youre not gonna call if/when he moves in.
yeah, you dont have much... but you are getting 2.8:1 after you bet, and ppl in this game will do this with AJ all day. just calling with top set and this coordinated flop is a good play, but i dont really see it that much... most ppl are raising the flop with AAA/JJJ. he could easily have a big draw as well. high variance situation, but PLO is always high variance... haha.
BTW/ tough hand... would have been alot easier if youd checked the flop.

d1sterbd
07-25-2005, 09:18 AM
I would fold this hand preflop. In general, bottom set can get you in a lot of trouble. Your 99 will usually not make top set. The hand doesn't have anything else going for it either. It can make a straight, but not the nut straight. It can make a flush but not the nut flush. Hands like this seem to put you in tough spots for your whole stack.

Not everyone raises with AA in PLO. I have read books that advocated not raising with AA so you can't be sure that he does not have AA. I don't think he has AA since he didn't raise you on the flop with all of those draws out there. Unless maybe he wanted to see a blank drop on the turn before he raised you.

I think his most likely hand includes top two pair with the nut flush draw... but with this flop he could have a lot of different hands.