PDA

View Full Version : PLO hands

1800GAMBLER
07-24-2005, 08:11 AM
Finally swallowed my ego enough to move over to low stakes PLO. Poker is finally fun again. Lots of hands and questions.

$100 PLO.

UTG+2 min raises. call. MP min raises. I call $3 with 45s78. late position calls $3. Everyone else re-calls. 5 to the flop.

Preflop thoughts are cool too. Thoughts?

Flop:

4o8s9s of my suit.

Checked to PFR who bets $15.

At first glance it seemed to be it was extremely unlikely he was leading with AAxx for so much here but he did min raise a min raiser preflop so he def. isn't a good player. There isn't much he cann have that has me in awful shape other than tjsqx or 99tj, they likely? Also, how worried should i be about the players behind me?

Thoughts and play?

flawless_victory
07-24-2005, 08:19 AM
i have thoughts.
fold pf.
fold flop.
your hand is pretty horrible in both instances and i dont see why you want to put a bunch of chips in with 16way action.
basically...
PF. your not even coming close to closing the action and your pos and hand are both borderline terrible.
FLOP. this flop does not contain a 6. you need a flop containing a 6 homie. 816 ppl behind you. i understand you have 2pair+flush draw, but this hand is not good. i would fold.

1800GAMBLER
07-24-2005, 08:26 AM
thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif glad to see you play PLO too.

bugstud
07-24-2005, 08:32 AM
calling pf is ok but bad if you might get reraised. If you knew you were HU your hand is fine, but you're sandwiched here.

Acesover8s
07-24-2005, 11:05 AM
Come on guys, fold preflop? Weak.

Flop is a tough spot as headsup I'm happy to shove this against most opponents, multiway I'm folding as I don't want to create a mutliway pot with the worst hand and the worst draw.

PorscheNGuns
07-24-2005, 11:15 AM
I would fold preflop based on the threat of UTG+2 or anyone else behind me throwing down a massive reraise. If this were doubled suited, and I was feeling particularly loose that day, I might call here in hopes that a another raise is forthcoming so that I may push the pot here and then go all in on the flop.

No question as to folding on the flop here.

-Matt

d1sterbd
07-25-2005, 08:19 AM
Fold preflop. Fold flop. The person telling you that this is weak is wrong. This hand is no good especially when there is a raise in front of you. This hand will get you in a lot of trouble. You need to have the nuts or be drawing to the nuts against 5 people. Hands like this will usually only bring you action when you are beaten. You have a weak flush draw and bottom two pair. You don't want to be playing either of these for a lot of money.

dogsballs
07-25-2005, 03:49 PM
preflop's fine.

The flop sucks. And your position on the flop really sucks...fold there.

Lafortezza
07-26-2005, 11:13 PM
Preflop call is fine, in a multiway your hand is fine if you hit the flop hard. Even though you have a reasonable hand after the flop I'd still fold it, there's too many people in and your hand could be counterfeited by many many turn cards.

TheRempel
07-26-2005, 11:59 PM
Preflop call is fine. Flop is sketchy. I think you ideally want to get this heads up or fold. If you know the PF raiser to overplay a lot of hands like big pairs, etc, I would try to get as much in as possible on the flop, and it looks like you can get most of your stack in here. This will be a very high variance play, even if he does have a bare pair.

barongreenback
07-27-2005, 03:33 AM
I'm new to this but re: flop:
Usually someone behind you will have something you don't like even if the pfr doesn't (which he often will). Main problem is that your hand will get harder to play as hand goes on because of your relative position and the weakness of your final hand. Most to all turn cards often leave you in trouble.

James

josie_wales
07-27-2005, 11:05 AM
Jay!

The preflop call is just fine. A small/mid run with one gap. The suits are really not what your looking ot flop as if you flop a 4-to-flush draw, and someone stays in, you are in trouble there.

The thing is...I wouild treat this hand like a small pair in HE. Like a 33. If the flop doesnt have a three, and you are multiway and face a pot bet, youre outta there. Consider the three your "key card"

In this hand, the "6" is your key card. You missed, thus you fold.

Heads up is a different story for various reasons.

jw

Sarge85
07-27-2005, 01:44 PM
I'm learning Omaha as well.

Is'nt this a pretty loose call PF?

small straight, small flush playing for?

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

TheRempel
07-27-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Is'nt this a pretty loose call PF?

small straight, small flush playing for?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. Ideally if you flop this hand well, you are going to be raising on the flop, not calling, trying to shut out the better flush draws. I love hands like this because you can jam and jam and jam and get called all the way by hands that have little chance to take the pot.