PDA

View Full Version : a possibly boring 5/10 hand

bugstud
07-24-2005, 08:02 AM
Ultimate Bet Pot-Limit Omaha High, $10 BB (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB ($1941.75)
BB ($1234.25)
UTG ($4221.25)
Hero ($1274)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $35</font>, Hero calls $35, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $25.

Flop: ($110) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $110</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $440</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $330.

Turn: ($990) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $990</font>, Hero calls $799 (All-In).

flawless_victory
07-24-2005, 08:08 AM
unless this guy sucks bad, the turn is prob a fold /images/graemlins/frown.gif, but i dont blame you for getting it in there... it cant be too big a mistake getting better than 2:1 with a bunch of outs to the nuts.
BTW/ it made me kind of happy to check this forum and see an effing 5/10 hand.

bugstud
07-24-2005, 08:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
unless this guy sucks bad, the turn is prob a fold /images/graemlins/frown.gif, but i dont blame you for getting it in there... it cant be too big a mistake getting better than 2:1 with a bunch of outs to the nuts.
BTW/ it made me kind of happy to check this forum and see an effing 5/10 hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I aim to please. FWIW I don't think he does this with AA/QQ which are the 2 hands I am most concerned about.

flawless_victory
07-24-2005, 08:20 AM
looky like AA to me!

bugstud
07-24-2005, 08:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
looky like AA to me!

[/ QUOTE ]

if he has aces, why is he improving the EV of my supposed KT by waiting for the turn to shove?

1800GAMBLER
07-24-2005, 08:24 AM
The turn you have to call, giving him KTxx you are 2.2:1 to make full or flush, plus 3 outs to split and you are getting 2.5:1 maybe with a very distant (?) possibility of winning yet discounted by a distant chance of him having AAxx.

Am i right in thinking his hand is def KToxx with no redraws at all and he has decided to wait untill a blank comes off on the turn rather than get all in on the flop as even money or freerolled? If that is the case then it seems like keeping the pot small on the flop to avoid this situation was good.

I am probably way off given i'm extremely new to this game.

bugstud
07-24-2005, 08:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The turn you have to call, giving him KTxx you are 2.2:1 to make full or flush, plus 3 outs to split and you are getting 2.5:1 maybe with a very distant (?) possibility of winning yet discounted by a distant chance of him having AAxx.

Am i right in thinking his hand is def KToxx with no redraws at all and he has decided to wait untill a blank comes off on the turn rather than get all in on the flop as even money or freerolled? If that is the case then it seems like keeping the pot small on the flop to avoid this situation was good.

I am probably way off given i'm extremely new to this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw you nailed it, though he had KTTx instead of just KTxx.

flawless_victory
07-24-2005, 08:30 AM
maybe he wanted to see a turn vard that didnt ruin him further... more likely he decided he wasnt gonna check/fold, so he decided to just go ahead and bet the damn thing... seems like if he had KT, hed just move in on the flop because the board is scary and he doesnt want to fold incorrectly on turn. who knows why he waited for the turn...
if has a set/straight you are -EV, if he doesnt have one of these hands, he is nuts.... but alot of ppl are nuts and AAQQ could easily be good here, and you could suck out, and eff it...
looks alright to me... when i flop top two/nutflush draw in a raised pot and my stack is as short as yours was, im prob going allin baby.