PDA

View Full Version : Minor Trip Report - Weekday Borg question.

AlphaMeridian
07-24-2005, 06:52 AM
A friend and I hopped up to the borg on Friday. My 2nd "real" hand of the session, I hit a royal flush (first in my life). Got the hat and everything. The rest of the session was good, then bad. Cards stopped coming, and the fish started sucking out. Ended the session making a HUGE SUCKOUT on a guy I have jacks preflop, I raise. Flop is 925 or something like that, I bet, he raises, I 3 bet, he caps. He wasn't...stupid. Not like the other fish at the table. I knew he had a set. But my tilt at the time forced me to at least see the river, at which time I got my jack. I checked, he bet, I raised, we both knew what happened, and we called, and I showed my set of jacks. I kinda feel bad, goodness knows I should have folded to the turn bet - I had NO hope.

Another hand of significance (well, at least for the story, the hand was nothing special). My friend was sitting to my right. I get AJs in Middle position, it's limped to me, I raise, he 3 bets, I call. Flop is xAx. I bet, he calls. I check the turn, he checks through, I bet the river, and he mucks. I say, "I'm sorry for sucking out on your high pocket pair" because I knew he had it. He goes something on the order of, "I had kings". The player to his left goes, "If you're fishing with kings, you're fishing with dynamite". We all laugh. Now I can't get the image of my friend sitting on a dock with a fishing pole, with a huge stick of dynamite on the end of the string.

With that said, here's the real question. I _REALLY_ want to go back. The only time I can really "afford" to go is when the poker rate discounts the price of the room. If the games are good during the weekdays, then I figure I'll definately mark out a week next month before school starts up and 3/6 it up for a couple of days. I did the entire "day trip" thing with my friend earlier, but driving back is HARSH. 4 hours there, 4 hours back, with a 10 hour session. I've stayed there before, but not for such a long period (I'd want to stay something like monday, tuesday, and wednesday nights)

Opinions of the LLHE game during the day? If it was anything like friday, I woudln't be worried.

-Alpha