PDA

View Full Version : QQ heads up, KJJ flop

chopchoi
07-24-2005, 06:02 AM
$50 nl

I'm BB with QQ. A player in MP ($15 stack) open-raises for $1. It folds to me, and I raise to $5. BB folds, MP calls.

Flop is KJJ. What's my line?

nrinker
07-24-2005, 07:16 AM
Ya this happens alot. One option is putting the villain all in, ive noticed that these short stacks will often call here with ace high, etc. etc.

If you bet say 5 dollars, and villain comes over the top, you still have to call. But betting 5 dollars May coax villain into calling with even more holdings.

Or, you could try and check raise the player if you think they will bet. If you think you can get the villain to bet out any amount by checking to them, then I definitely would. This way, the times you are ahead you will get more.

Obviously you can't fold at any point, you did what you could preflop, if villain has a hand here then so-be-it, but you can make the best play based on what you think the villain might do.

chopchoi
07-24-2005, 04:48 PM
I pushed. He flopped quads. Anyway, I think the push was a mistake. I think check/calling would be better, to give him a chance to bluff with a hand he wouldn't call with.