PDA

View Full Version : So the question becomes

Zeno
07-24-2005, 05:11 AM
How do I become a Jew?

Is this possible?

-The infinitely curious Zeno.

P.S. I'm circumcised so the physical part of the law is already met.

07-24-2005, 08:29 AM
Actually, the question is: why would you want to?

ACPlayer
07-24-2005, 08:46 AM
Ask your mama to become a Jew and then be born again.

mslif
07-24-2005, 10:29 AM
You probaby would had to attend some sort of classes through a Temple to study the Torah and to learn the basis of this religion. you might have to learn some Hebrew. When you convert, you will have to go through a ceremony and recite some sort of vows in Hebrew. I am pretty sure you can call your local Temple and get all the information you need.

Zygote
07-24-2005, 12:16 PM
If you wnat the orthodox community to accept you as a jew then you must either:

1) have a jewish mother
2) take on all possible commandments and undoubtably accept god, just like the first jews did.

There are numerous tradtional methods to assure people take on all the commandments. Firstly, one must be torah abiding over a convincing period of time, generally about 2-5 years. Also, you must be educated in torah in order to complete a series of tests. And, lastly, you must recieve the approval from your city's Orthodox Jewish Council, which is not easy to get. Becoming a Jew is a long and tedious process if you are not born as one.

Zeno
07-24-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, the question is: why would you want to?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given some of the recent threads in this forum, I have come to the conclusion that getting into Heaven, or avoiding Hell anyway, is more probable if you are a Jew. At least, I have come to believe this by faith. A most powerful intoxicant.

Also, some Messiah is on his way. I want to be with the correct Religion when this guy finally arrives.

-Zeno

Zeno
07-24-2005, 02:07 PM
Tedious it may be, but it all sounds very reasonable to me.

Thank You for the information.

-Zeno

PairTheBoard
07-24-2005, 02:12 PM
So Sklanskianity didn't push your Faith Button?

PairTheBoard