PDA

View Full Version : UB $22 AJs Big blind, big stack ??

tjh
07-24-2005, 03:38 AM
Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t2845)
SB (t1825)
BB (t2275)
UTG (t1790)
UTG+1 (t1605)
MP1 (t1295)
MP2 (t980)
CO (t2385)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t145</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls t130, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

HERO ????

Thoughts ? Opinions ? I have a decent stack cause I doubled up earlier. Do I play more hands with the big stack early or less ??

It was about hand number 20.

--
tjh

07-24-2005, 05:14 AM
if blinds are only 15/30 and someone raised this big and got called, i think i fold AJ suited here
no point getting in trouble with a hand easily dominated by likely hands such as AK

tjh
07-24-2005, 05:51 AM
Thanks,

As I recall I folded that.

Just checking to make sure I am not too tight.
--
tjh

Sabrazack
07-24-2005, 06:10 AM
Im folding AQ here too after that raise and call. Suited or not. You should not play more hands just because you have a big stack.

2callzU
07-24-2005, 08:30 AM
Yea, if you flop a dominated Ace against the CO then this could get nasty for you. I would not be surprised if your hand is good here and this guy is a donk but it still isn't worth it at this level. I'm kind of wondering how you got so many chips this early in the first place? Maybe you play too many hands early or just snubbed a couple fish with like a set or something? I dunno. Peace

tjh
07-24-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yea, if you flop a dominated Ace against the CO then this could get nasty for you. I would not be surprised if your hand is good here and this guy is a donk but it still isn't worth it at this level. I'm kind of wondering how you got so many chips this early in the first place? Maybe you play too many hands early or just snubbed a couple fish with like a set or something? I dunno. Peace

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are thinking I got all those chips by playing LAG then think again. I do not think I have the hand history but as I recall it was something like.

First hand AKo on UTG.

I Raised, one caller.

Connected with the K I bet close to pot they called.

Turn and still a rainbow board. I pushed they called with a pair of 4's or perhaps even nothing. I doubled up first hand with minimal risk.

Nice when that happens.

--
tjh