PDA

View Full Version : guitar needs to be fixed

JaBlue
07-24-2005, 03:20 AM
so my friend loaned me a hollow body guitar. As I go to plug the 1/4" to jam with my other friend, the nut and washer come right off and the input jack sinks into the middle of the guitar. [censored]. Now the pianist that we jam with is a girl with long skinny fingers who is able to take the input jack out through the F holes. The jack is out of there and I rubberband-tied it to the pickguard so I could play it. Problem is I need to figure out how to put it back through the original designated input jack hole and not the F holes. My hands are huge so I can't put my fingers through the F holes. I don't think the pianists fingers are long enough.

Anyway, I need to have this thing fixed and I can't pop the guitar open since its completely solid. Anyone have suggestions? Is there any kind of long magnet or something that I can use on the outside to trace the jack back to the hole? If so, how do I then get it to actually come up out of the hole?

Quite the predicament.

I don't have a digital camera so I will draw a picture in paint soon to go with this if you don't understand what I'm saying by my description.

Claunchy
07-24-2005, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
jack out through the F holes

[/ QUOTE ]

coffeecrazy1
07-25-2005, 01:47 AM
It's a fairly common problem, but you will need to take it to a luthier to get it fixed. It has happened with solidbodies, too...guy I met one time did it to his Strat while he was playing.

EliteNinja
07-25-2005, 04:19 PM
Yeah, take it to your local luthier.
I'm sure it won't be too much to fix.