PDA

View Full Version : Question about KING YAO'S book

07-24-2005, 01:24 AM
Hi i was wondering if anybody have brought a copy of king yao's book "weighting the odds in hold'em poker". I'm really interested in purchasing this book but want some opinions about it before I decide to buy it. In addition I'm thinking about purchasing the following 3 books but is wondering which ones are rated higher then the others.

King Yao- weighting the odds in hold'em poker

Bob ciaffone- Improve your poker

Matt Matros- The Making Of A Poker Player: How An Ivy League Math Geek Learned To Play Championship Poker

Thanks for the advice and help

Cooker
07-24-2005, 01:51 AM
I have King Yao's book. I have yet to read it, so I can't really comment now, but it is next on my list to read. Most of the reviews here have been extremely positive. I will post my thoughts on it after I read it.

Improve Your Poker is a good poker book. Ciaffone covers several topics and several forms of poker, so those that have a general interest in poker and not specically Hold'em will probably get more out of it immediately. Still the information is good throughout and will help most people inmprove many aspects of their game.

There is a post on the next page on the Matt Matros book with many replies. It doesn't sound like it would interest me, so I will probably not read it.

Mercman572
07-24-2005, 02:29 AM
is Yao's book geared toward limit play? i saw it recommended in Ed Millers thread that it was essential for a serious limit player, but I play NL. thanks

Dale
07-24-2005, 08:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
is Yao's book geared toward limit play? i saw it recommended in Ed Millers thread that it was essential for a serious limit player, but I play NL. thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's not geared toward Limit play. Ed was lying.

Easy E
07-24-2005, 10:48 AM
Search this forum for it, you'll find lots of pots in the last few months.

oreogod
07-25-2005, 12:51 AM
Read this, this is what Ed Miller thinks of the book.

Eddie M's thoughts (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=books&Number=2797170&F orum=,,&Words=&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Main=2797170& Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=43&daterange=1&newe rval=2&newertype=m&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=# Post2797170)