PDA

View Full Version : Live NL $100 hand at Hollywood Park

Eegs
07-24-2005, 01:20 AM
You are in seat 7 with $160, most of the other stacks aren't significantly lower or higher than $80-$200 except for seat 10 sitting on about $450. In the cutoff you pick up K /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and put in a raise of $20, about 7 times the big blind. All fold except seat ten who coincidentally happens to be in the big blind.

Pot: $42

some notes on seat 10: about an average player I see frequently overplaying his hands. He is not afraid to put all his money in with only TP.

The flop: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

out of position seat 10 bets $40 into the pot.

my thoughts at this time: That was a pretty significant bet to fire, theres no doubt he caught a piece of the flop but it is obviously not big enough to slowplay as he would have checked to me. My guess is he was just on a 9 and wanted me to define my hand here. No possible way he has a set and I don't see two pair. Just a nine. I decide to smooth call in the expectation that he will fire again on the turn in an attempt to protect his hand, either way the money is going in on that card.

Pot: $122

Turn: 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

It takes seat 10 about 5 seconds before he goes all-in... what is your move and what range of hands do you put him on? Is it possible he was strongplaying a set? are the better than 2 to 1 odds he's giving you worth calling here?

you have $90 left and the pot size after his allin is $212

results to come...

stu-unger
07-24-2005, 01:53 AM
i think his hand range here is pretty wide. is a set possible i dont believe its highly probable givin the action, i dont see many people push that hard on a board like this. i think u really messed this hand up pretty badly, u really need to raise his flop bet for information and to protect your hand. this will make the hand a lot easier to play from here. as for the way u played it i think u have to fold in this spot, unless u have a super duper read that he has only the pair of 10s u put him on trying to protect from the overs u have represented. then again this is a live 1/2 game where i can see JJ&QQ, A-10, and even sometimes 10-J do something like this. i think u have to fold without a read but,u will be folding the best hand sometimes.

Eegs
07-24-2005, 02:04 AM
Well I was trying to be tricky here...I didnt think he could call if I pushed on the flop but if I showed weakness and called, then pushed on the turn he would have to pay me off. It was a greedy, tricky move and obviously the riskiest but I was trying to extract more value because I was fairly sure he was only on one pair and I had him destroyed.

Eegs
07-24-2005, 10:51 AM
we got all the money in on the turn when the guy paired his kicker for his nine for tens and nines. The river was an unnecessary Ten giving him the nuts and I was out on the rail.

amoeba
07-24-2005, 11:28 AM
This board has got to consider stack sizes before they say the term "raise for information"

he has 90 left, what is he going to raise to that doesn't pot commit him? I think raising all in here for value isn't bad though. you are looking for a call on the flop as I don't think you can get away and you would hate for a straight to hit. next time you should also push the flop with missed overs.

turn is almost neutral EV call assuming you don't think straight is big possibility here given you still have outs against 2 pair and he won't have 2 pair everytime.

07-24-2005, 11:59 AM
I agree to push after the flop. He could easily have somehting like A-9 or even an overpair but lower than yours. He may have wanted to make sure no over card hit. Then when you just call the flop, he probably feels he's got it. Anyway, considering how little you have left, how big the pot is, and the number of hands he might have that you can beat, I call. And if he does have two pair, you still have outs if you hit the K or the board pairs. All in all, I call.

BigF
07-24-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
we got all the money in on the turn when the guy paired his kicker for his nine for tens and nines. The river was an unnecessary Ten giving him the nuts and I was out on the rail.

[/ QUOTE ]

I put him on T9 after reading YOUR thought process. Your analysis of the flop was dead on! He had TP on the flop but the turn T made 99 no longer TP yet he pushed. He must have improved his hand. You know those donks like to call big PFR with "connectors" even out of position.