PDA

View Full Version : Am I overthinking myself?

JihadOnTheRiver
07-24-2005, 12:53 AM
I'm not running very well lately and I've been trying to plug some leaks. In doing so, I think I've been doing some very non-standard stuff. I've also been practicing up on some NL (albeit baby stuff) and that may have something to do with my recent dive. This is a hand that has been bugging me alot because I don't really know if it was as bad as I thought at the time. Tell me which it was, creative (doubt it), standard, or bad.

I limp behind 5 others with JQ of diamonds in the small bling. Flop comes 2 diamonds, Kxx.

I lead and get raised by one, cold called by one, and I call. Turn is where my thinking is AFU. I don't think my decision was terrible, but nonetheless the reasons for it were awkward at best.

A 9 shows up (not the diamond) so now I'm obviously locked in. I look to the initial raiser, and hes ready to fire, the original cold caller is now obviously going to raise. My thinking is, if I check here, and call 2 cold when it gets back to me, I might as well just turn my cards face up, but at this point I'll go to a capped turn to see the river. Therefore, I bet...

How bad?

-Jihad...

JihadOnTheRiver
07-24-2005, 03:27 AM
beggin' for some help....running bad sucks....fix me!...

flawless_victory
07-24-2005, 03:32 AM
turn bet makes no sense... you know this... obviously you just check/call as many bets as you have to here.

JihadOnTheRiver
07-24-2005, 03:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
turn bet makes no sense... you know this... obviously you just check/call as many bets as you have to here.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the problem. i have an issue with calling 2 cold here. these guys are regulars and know me. if i call 2 cold, like i said, i might as well just go face up. but in retrospect, i know, turn bet makes no sense.

07-24-2005, 03:45 AM
If your read is right on the other players, what does it matter if they know you are on a flush draw? (plus looking for the ten) If you don’t get there are you going to bet and expect to players to fold?

You don't have position and you are driving the price of this pot! (and ones like it if you cap the turn), running bad is running bad, it happens to everyone, the trick is minimizing your mistakes/losses during the bad sessions, and capping the turn if you don’t have too... is one extra or two extra bets you might not have to pay. You don’t even have the nut flush draw.
Remember if poker feels like a job (even if it’s yours) take a break. Poker is 24/7 there will always be other hands.
Play confident always. No matter how they suck out!

sam h
07-24-2005, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if i call 2 cold, like i said, i might as well just go face up.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you'll still be able to checkraise a rivered ten and get at least one call on a rivered diamond, so who cares?

JasonP530
07-24-2005, 07:33 AM
You will have the pot odds to draw. It doesnt matter if your hand is face up if you take the pot(and collect no bets) when you do.