PDA

View Full Version : party poker NL25 bankroll question

07-24-2005, 12:38 AM
What is an appropriate bankroll for NL25 to compensate for variance?

Voltron87
07-24-2005, 12:40 AM
500 is plenty.

stu-unger
07-24-2005, 12:40 AM
20 buy ins at all levels

TheWorstPlayer
07-24-2005, 12:44 AM
I like 4K.

Voltron87
07-24-2005, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
20 buy ins at all levels

[/ QUOTE ]

you much more than 20 buy ins when you get to mid limits

TheWorstPlayer
07-24-2005, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
20 buy ins at all levels

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not if you're willing to move down when you drop a few.

Voltron87
07-24-2005, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
20 buy ins at all levels

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this does not sound like a good way of running a poker career.

TheWorstPlayer
07-24-2005, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
20 buy ins at all levels

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this does not sound like a good way of running a poker career.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmm....I can tell we aren't seeing eye to eye tonight. In any case, this sounds like a good way of running a poker career to me so that you can keep progressing up in stakes quickly. That way, you improve as a player, and you make more money. With 20 buys, move up (or even 15). Drop 5 or whatever and move back down to rebuild. That way, if you go on a rush you can build your roll faster and move to ever higher stakes. And if you hit a bad patch, you have a limited downside before you move back to familiar turf. What don't you like about it?

fimbulwinter
07-24-2005, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
20 buy ins at all levels

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is simply another in a procession of bad advice from you tonight.

fim

Voltron87
07-24-2005, 12:56 AM
i think this is a semantics thing. when i take a shot at a new level i dont think of being "bankrolled" for it, i think of it as being rolled for one level and taking a shot at the next.

its really just a different way of thinking about it, rather than us disagreeing. it just feels weird to me and ive never done it, so thats what my post was.

TheWorstPlayer
07-24-2005, 01:01 AM
Maybe it is just semantics, but I consider 'taking a shot' to be when you play a game with, say, 3 or 4 buyins set aside for that game and if you lose them you are done. With 20 buyins, you are actually bankrolled for the game and provided that you are a winning player you have a fairly small RoR. The only reason why I suggest moving back down when you drop, say, 5 buyins is that it may be an indication of non-winning play and therefore you should move back down to rebuild and regain confidence. If it were a game that you were winning in for a long time and then lost used your bankroll for personal expenses except for 20 buyins, you would certainly have a small RoR by playing in the game and thereby you are 'properly bankrolled' for the game.

skoal2k4
07-24-2005, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like 4K.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

LethalRose
07-24-2005, 01:21 AM
first thing I do before moving to the next level is to watch the tables and get some PT data on people. I also observed the following

*What hands people moved all in with PF
*What draws / hands people moved all in on the flop with
*What type of hands was player X willing to risk all his chips with
*What type of draws was playing X willing to risk all his chips with
*Overall how loose/tight/aggressive the game seemed to be.
*How much semibluffing / isolation players were made

As you move up in levels you will notice subtle differences in how people play and overrall feel of the table.

after you make all these observations and get some data/notes on people. Play a single table for a while until you get comfortable, then add a table. Play a long time with a single table as it will set the tone and mood for your style of play at that level. Then once you are very comfortable and can make 90% of decisions easily add a table. Rinse and repeat.

As far as buyins I think it depends where you are at your style of play, Ranging from 8 to 20.