PDA

View Full Version : Am I an OK player?...finally bought Poker Tracker

InAPipeDream
07-23-2005, 11:47 PM
I finally bought Poker Tracker, and went into my first Sit and Go tourney with it running. Are these stats OK?

Total Hands: 94
Vol Put $ in Pot: 22.34%
Folded SB to Steal: 100%
Folded BB to Steal: 25%
Att. to Steal Blinds: 4.17%
Won T$ when seeing flop: 59.26%
Went to SD after seeing flop: 29.63%
Won T$ at SD: 75%
Check Raised: 0% (D'oh!)

This was a PokerStars Sit & Go w/ 9 players, on a $10 + $1 buy-in. I know one tourney can't tell anyone if I know what I'm doing yet, but I'd like to know if I'm at least headed in the right direction. I won this tourney, but I know that doesn't always mean I making the correct moves.

Thanks for any help!

Python49
07-23-2005, 11:52 PM
lol... one tourney to decide what kinda player you are. That's cute.

nuclear500
07-24-2005, 12:02 AM
First off, wrong forum.

Second - I have over 400 SnG's and Tournaments at the $5.50 and $11 on 'Stars and still have no idea what kind of player I am.

One tournaments statistics are completely and utterly meaningless. You could have steam-rolled the table by catching big hands and the stats are skewed.

Harv72b
07-24-2005, 12:10 AM
As primarily a limit player, I spend a lot of time pouring over my PT stats to look for leaks (and responding to posts like this one on the limit forums). I can second what you've already been told without any hesitation--the stats you have thus far are completely meaningless. Even in a cash game setting (far different from a tournament), it takes hundreds of hands before you can even get a general idea of what your true VPIP is; it takes tens of thousands to firm up most of the other numbers, and literally hundreds of thousands to have any kind of a real idea about your results (win rate in limit, ROI for tournament play).

PokerTracker is an incredibly beneficial, some would say essential, tool, but it is not the be all end all of self-analsys. All PT will do is (eventually) save you some time in identifying problem areas of your game; it still takes pouring over the individual hands and often asking questions about them on here before you can adequately correct these leaks.

bluefeet
07-24-2005, 12:24 AM
Hi Pipe, welcome to the forum. Nice to see you picked up a tool - shows your interest in learning, improving, etc.

At this point, just let that suck gather data. Trying to derive anything at this point really isn't going to get you anywhere. If anything, the small sample size could lead you down the wrong track.

If it's SnG's that you plan to play, spend your time instead digesting this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=1918735 &fpart=&PHPSESSID=), and the FAQ stickied at the top of this forum.

After you get through these threads, read (and question) replies to strategy threads on this forum. Finally, post hands/situations you are unsure of. Be sure to read Scuba's post on STT posting tips (on the FAQ thread).

Good luck to you.

InAPipeDream
07-24-2005, 01:12 AM
Thanks all! Guess only time will tell...:)