PDA

View Full Version : Downswing after moving up.... I need some advice/help

Sponger15SB
07-23-2005, 11:21 PM
Well I finally moved up to the $55s and things have gone pretty bad. My 1st/2nd/3rd distribution looks fine, but I haven't been getting ITM as much. Do you think its because I'm being more agressive around the bubble even though I have more chips to start with?

I know this isn't exactly helpful because I don't bother to post hands, but could someone take a lot at my $55 stats and tell me if anything jumps out at you?

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/590/555stats4ns.jpg

raptor517
07-23-2005, 11:24 PM
lol, citanul, please delete this thread. holla

Sponger15SB
07-23-2005, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

omg this entire forum is one gay OT lovefest between a couple of posters, is this post really going to kill you?

raptor517
07-23-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

omg this entire forum is one gay OT lovefest between a couple of posters, is this post really going to kill you?

[/ QUOTE ]

if you dont understand why i asked the MODERATOR to delete this post, than you shouldnt be playing 55s yet. you clearly have ZERO concept of variance or sample size, and until you do, you should not be risking a significant amount of money. thanks for trying to berate two valued members of this forum though. holla

morgan180
07-23-2005, 11:32 PM
hey sponger - what immediately jumps out is that 36 tournaments isn't enough to go on. It looks like you're very successful at the lower levels - you've got to give yourself a break and realize that it might be either:

- an adjustment
- a bad run
- tougher competition which is naturally going to bring your ROI down

I would say give it a good 500 games and see where you are at. Even then many people will say the sample size is still too small. Over here people have 30 buy in downswings that are just being on the wrong side of variance.

bluefeet
07-23-2005, 11:33 PM
"itm" in 24 of your first 36? i'll take your leaks! (but not the software)

raptor517
07-23-2005, 11:38 PM
dear god i cant stop laughing. this is post of the year if its a joke. if not, you have 8k posts for what? you have gotten NOTHING out of this forum. holla

Deuce2High
07-23-2005, 11:38 PM
What the hell is this post? Is this a joke? If its not I don't know how you haven't been banned from these forums after 8000 posts. Maybe someone hacked your account.

adanthar
07-23-2005, 11:50 PM
Sarcasm is dead /images/graemlins/frown.gif Holla

ilya
07-23-2005, 11:54 PM
hahahahahahahahaha lollllololll hahaa

that was pretty funny

nh

ClaytonN
07-24-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sarcasm is dead /images/graemlins/frown.gif Holla

[/ QUOTE ]

ClaytonN
07-24-2005, 12:00 AM
Oh, and raptor:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

vinyard
07-24-2005, 12:04 AM
His overall ROI is something like 260%. This made me laugh which few attempts at humor on this board ever do. Kudos to OP.

runner4life7
07-24-2005, 12:05 AM
How does one go about getting the same luckbox you use?

ClaytonN
07-24-2005, 12:06 AM
Sponger, did you hedge out crtappy results in your thing to give a desired effect? Cause I recall you running poorly at the 33's at some point.

Offsprung
07-24-2005, 12:06 AM
By the 3rd time you ended a post with "holla" i was actually laughing out loud. You make me smile. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Now make me win. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

morgan180
07-24-2005, 12:08 AM
<------- MORAN

Freudian
07-24-2005, 12:22 AM
At first I thought it was funny. But then I thought about the time it had to take to delete stuff in PT. Then I got sad. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

raptor517
07-24-2005, 12:53 AM
bwahahaha, my original response took the op as a joke, until he reraised with this.. "omg this entire forum is one gay OT lovefest between a couple of posters, is this post really going to kill you?" soo.. i pushed and got autocalled.. holla

psyduck
07-24-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you dont understand why i asked the MODERATOR to delete this post, than you shouldnt be playing 55s yet. you clearly have ZERO concept of variance or sample size, and until you do, you should not be risking a significant amount of money. thanks for trying to berate two valued members of this forum though. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL LOL GG there holla-d0nk /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Irieguy
07-24-2005, 02:14 AM
This thread is like the twilight zone...

Sponger posts a joke chart, which looks like it would have taken a relatively large amount of work to forge (for a joke post, that is.) Then Raptor jokes back... but sponger doesn't get the joke? How can the joker not get the joke?

Then, it looks like sponger isn't joking... which is impossible. So, maybe he's pretending not to be joking.

Then, it looks like Raptor still isn't even reading the chart right... which makes his original joke even funnier.

Hmmm. I'm now totally baffled.

Irieguy

Benholio
07-24-2005, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
At first I thought it was funny. But then I thought about the time it had to take to delete stuff in PT. Then I got sad. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

These kind of results could happen 'naturally' if you auto-import stored HH's, but don't request summaries. It will only have summary info for tourneys that you watched long enough for it to know how it ended.

That, or else Sponger was really bored.

Isura
07-24-2005, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
dear god i cant stop laughing. this is post of the year if its a joke. if not, you have 8k posts for what? you have gotten NOTHING out of this forum. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

other other topics.

Sponger15SB
07-24-2005, 10:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sponger posts a joke chart, which looks like it would have taken a relatively large amount of work to forge (for a joke post, that is.)

[/ QUOTE ]

It didn't take any time at all really. Before I moved up to the $55s, I legitamately tried to load SNGs into PT. Obviously things were more than messed up, and things came out completely crazy. I have posted screen shots like this before, but I figured it was time to extrend the joke so I loaded up a few to many winning SNGs.

[ QUOTE ]
Then Raptor jokes back... but sponger doesn't get the joke? How can the joker not get the joke?

Then, it looks like sponger isn't joking... which is impossible. So, maybe he's pretending not to be joking.

Then, it looks like Raptor still isn't even reading the chart right... which makes his original joke even funnier.

Hmmm. I'm now totally baffled.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that iocane powder I smell...

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptionsbook/mib.jpg

SCfuji
07-24-2005, 10:44 AM
sponger

although this is a joke post it looks like you spent a lot more time at the 33s than the 22s. is this because you found the 22s too easy and jumped to the 33s to get a higer earn $ wise, not ROI wise.

iraise50
07-24-2005, 09:31 PM
This was definately a waste of my time.

ChoicestHops
07-24-2005, 09:38 PM
Holy [censored], man. Pass your heater over this way.

Slim Pickens
07-24-2005, 09:44 PM
Hey man. I got this right away. If I get it...

Anyway, thanks for the laugh.