PDA

View Full Version : Unprotected sex after a womens period

PokerCat69
07-23-2005, 09:40 PM
I know you can have unprotected sex after a womens period because it takes time for the new egg to come down, but what exactly is the safe amount of days?
We've been doing 5, is that pushing it?

gorie
07-23-2005, 09:41 PM
you're joking, right ?

Aeioux
07-23-2005, 09:42 PM
"I know you can have unprotected sex after a womens period because it takes time for the new egg to come down, but what exactly is the safe amount of days?
We've been doing 5, is that pushing it? "

Im pretty sure this is -EV anyway you look at it...

Sponger15SB
07-23-2005, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know you can have unprotected sex after a womens period because it takes time for the new egg to come down, but what exactly is the safe amount of days?

[/ QUOTE ]

here is a good resource (http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com/)

jakethebake
07-23-2005, 09:44 PM
tell her to ask her obgyn. he can give her a schedule and everything. why the hell are you using the rhythm method anyway? that's stupid.

<font color="white"> oh yea...and put it in her pooper. </font>

PokerCat69
07-23-2005, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you're joking, right ?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've been with a girl 6 years and have [censored] her every month unprotected just after her period and nothing has happened. Normally I wear a condom.

Is the "safe period" a myth or something?
I'm kinda concerned now as I'd hate to lose those unprotected fucks

BigBaitsim (milo)
07-23-2005, 09:46 PM
Most women ovulate on day 14 +/- 2 most of the time. Day 1 is the first day of her period. Sperm can live inside the vagina for 48 hours or so, sometimes a bit longer.

Since women's cycles often vary, and she may ovulate as early as day 10 sometime, you are way pushing it.

Wear a condom. They interfere with the enjoyment of sex, for sure, but not as much as a screaming infant.

AngryCola
07-23-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you're joking, right ?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've been with a girl 6 years and have [censored] her every month unprotected just after her period and nothing has happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why are you just now asking? That seems odd...
Why the sudden interest?

PokerCat69
07-23-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
tell her to ask her obgyn. he can give her a schedule and everything. why the hell are you using the rhythm method anyway? that's stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]
I use a condom 95% of the time, I just always thought (as did she) that it was ok to not use a condom shorty after the period.

PokerCat69
07-23-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Then why are you just now asking? That seems odd...
Why the sudden interest?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm alone in the house now (gf at work) had a few beers and decided not to play poker drunk. There was a few posts on the OOT board about sex so I posted this for the hell of it.
Honest answer.

gorie
07-23-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most women ovulate on day 14 +/- 2 most of the time. Day 1 is the first day of her period. Sperm can live inside the vagina for 48 hours or so, sometimes a bit longer.

Since women's cycles often vary, and she may ovulate as early as day 10 sometime, you are way pushing it.

Wear a condom. They interfere with the enjoyment of sex, for sure, but not as much as a screaming infant.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. though sperm can live inside up to 5-7 days. there is a 24 hour time frame where the egg is capable of being fertilized.

menstrual cycle is 28 days.
assuming she bleeds 7 days, if you have sex on day 8-12..
she is probably going to ovulate around day 14 (or easily on one of the days you're having sex, it's hard to know when she ovulates). your sperm can stick around to get her pregnant.

you're being very risky and stupid.

miajag81
07-23-2005, 10:04 PM
The fact that this thread even exists significantly lowers my faith in humanity.

PokerCat69
07-23-2005, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The fact that this thread even exists significantly lowers my faith in humanity.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok I'm an idiot fine. We're both on the fence about having a baby. Pros and Cons either way, not really a big deal

smokingrobot
07-23-2005, 10:33 PM
about 2 weeks before her usual period starts is when the egg starts coming down for fertilization.

so if your girl gets on the rag around the 15th of the month, stop the fun around the 1st.

you have about a 1-2 week window. if you're nervous about that, stop a little before the 2 weeks.

but as always, this isnt foolproof. you are probably better off with a condom.

Morpheus
07-23-2005, 10:41 PM
bang her until she stop breathing.

fishsauce
07-23-2005, 11:14 PM
You can have unprotected sex with your gf any time if you get a vasectomy.

Alobar
07-24-2005, 12:31 AM
People like you are the reason there is a over abundance of trailor parks in this world.

citanul
07-24-2005, 01:45 AM
the number of pregnancies per woman year for women using the "timing method" is either 1 pregnancy per 1.5 woman years or 1.5 pregnancies per woman year, i can't remember which. that's not encouraging statistics.

citanul

smokingrobot
07-24-2005, 03:42 AM
have you ever even had sex?

ceyoung
07-24-2005, 04:00 AM
wouldn't it be easier to goto planned parenthood and get the pill? i assume if you've been together for 6 years you don't need the STD protection.

masse75
07-24-2005, 05:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok I'm an idiot fine. We're both on the fence about having a baby. Pros and Cons either way, not really a big deal

[/ QUOTE ]

Finish high school first.

cpitt398
07-24-2005, 06:57 AM
SIX YEARS, and you wear a condom. When I'm with a new girl, I always thought of condom use as a tester to prove to the girl that you aren't going to to blow a wad in here within the first few minutes. Once she has the established you can control yourself an not knock her up, no more condom. My average condom use is once. Trurhfully it is a lot lower than one, probably .5, if that.

david050173
07-24-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SIX YEARS, and you wear a condom. When I'm with a new girl, I always thought of condom use as a tester to prove to the girl that you aren't going to to blow a wad in here within the first few minutes. Once she has the established you can control yourself an not knock her up, no more condom. My average condom use is once. Trurhfully it is a lot lower than one, probably .5, if that.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are using the pull it out method? That is even more effective than the rythmn method....

ChipWrecked
07-24-2005, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There was a few posts on the OOT board about sex so I posted this for the hell of it.
Honest answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honest answer: Don't worry about it.

You're shooting blanks.

KaneKungFu123
07-24-2005, 08:59 PM
im hitting it bareback on the second day of her period. the first day is too messy. i stop hitting it three days after it stops.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

diebitter
07-25-2005, 05:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My daughter was conceived pretty much at the tail end of the period!!!

But then, I'm so virile, I can't share chairs with girls.

Zurvan
07-25-2005, 09:33 AM
Clearly, there's only two correct answers to this question - bag it all the time, or get her on the pill. Period.

cpitt398
07-26-2005, 04:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are using the pull it out method? That is even more effective than the rythmn method....

[/ QUOTE ]

Pull out if she's not on the pill. If she is always skeet skeet inside