PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best line here?

lil feller
07-23-2005, 07:51 PM
Orleans Open $230 +200 rebuys.
140 players, they're paying 18. There are 90 players left.
Blinds are 75/150 playing 150/300.
I post the small blind.
I have T1400 (after my blind is posted).

MP (total l/p goofball) open limps. Button calls.
I look at QTo (suits don't matter, I don't have a diamond) and I call. BB checks.

Flop
K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifq /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet. BB folds. LP and button both call.

Turn
K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet and they both call. At this point I think that one of them probably has a diamond draw, and the other one probably has a Q (not sure about my kicker).

River
4 /images/graemlins/club.gif
I check. So does LP. Button rapid fires 6 chips into the pot (the bet is only 3). He's been "acting" all day, and I took this as a strong means weak sign. The LP is grabbing 3 chips, and I think he's calling, probably with a better Q.

I c/r. LP folds and the button 3 bets (gulp...). I muck. I lost my last T350 on the next hand with 88, but I have some questions I was hoping to get some discussion on with this QT hand.

1. Is this a call preflop?

2. In retrospect I think that checking the flop is better then leading, and then going from there. Thoughts?

3. Given that I bet out and got two callers, should I have c/f the turn?

4. How horrible is my river c/r?

Thanks for any thoughts on these or any other part of the hand.

lf

sekrah
07-23-2005, 07:59 PM
I think you played it good until the river.. If I see MP grabbing chips to call, I might fold there. What can you beat? Q-9? Q-8?

I'm thinking atleast A-4.. he might have been smooth calling a king though.

Isura
07-23-2005, 08:00 PM
Took me a few minutes to figure out this was a limit tourney lol. Preflop call is fine given the pot odds imo. I'm not crazy about the flop bet. I'd rather try to checkraise a lp bet or just check/call and reevaluate the turn. I guess you didn't wan the overcall on the river, so you went for the checkraise. It's not a terrible move, but you have to call the 3-bet since you're committed to the pot at this point. I think you should not have fired bets on the flop and turn, 2nd pair is really tough to play out of position here. I'd want to get to a showdown cheaply here unless I improve.

lil feller
07-23-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I see MP grabbing chips to call, I might fold there. What can you beat? Q-9? Q-8?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought button had missed a flush draw and was bluffing, and that LP had a better queen. He did. My c/r was to get him to fold QJ (which is what he showed when he folded) or AQ

I just missed on what the button had...

lf

lil feller
07-23-2005, 11:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but you have to call the 3-bet since you're committed to the pot at this point

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally I would agree, but there was zero chance that I was getting 3bet by anything other then a King.

lf