PDA

View Full Version : how's my line?

SoBeDude
07-23-2005, 07:35 PM
Why is the converter no longer working for me?

I'm in the BB with 8h 8d.

4 folds, MP raises [$60], 2 fold
Really overaggressive player 3bets from LP, I call in BB, MP
calls [$30].

** Dealing Flop ** [ Jh, 6c, Ad ]
Hero checks.
MP checks.
Overaggtessive checks.

** Dealing Turn ** [ Js ]
I bet.

thoughts?

-Scott

SoBeDude
07-24-2005, 07:18 PM
No one has thoughts on this?

DcifrThs
07-24-2005, 07:27 PM
with those reads on the players this is standard...u wanna check the turn again?

-Barron

ShortySaurus
07-24-2005, 08:06 PM
i dont think it is standard. how come an overly aggressive player is checking behind on that flop after 3 betting preflop? How is his postflop play? Would he really check here with KK, QQ? Do you think your bet is going to make him fold KK QQ? I think its a check.....can you elaborate dcifr?

SoBeDude
07-24-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i dont think it is standard. how come an overly aggressive player is checking behind on that flop after 3 betting preflop? How is his postflop play? Would he really check here with KK, QQ? Do you think your bet is going to make him fold KK QQ? I think its a check.....can you elaborate dcifr?

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, I should have elaborated a bit on my view of his aggression. He will 3bet 100% of the time preflop with any hand he will play when there is a raise in front of him. this includes pairs down to 22.

He is NOT a maniac postflop, but would bet this flop if he hit it.

So once the flop is checked through, I think a bet looks like an ace or a jack and will get many many worse hands to fold...especially since I called a 3-bet preflop.

Oh and it worked, they both folded. I'm just curious if my overall play of the hand was a correct line.

-Scott

DcifrThs
07-24-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he can have QT/KQ(s) 99/77/66 as well as KK or QQ. but against his range of hands i think you need to bet. he very likely has overs and if he calls the turn bet you are basically done w/ the hand and will very likely check behind the river w/ those hands that you beat and will likely bet all the hands he beats.

so i think its a clear bet b/c his check means he wants to see a turn card or has the virtual nuts (AA/JJ) but very aggressive players do understand that betting with those hands is best b/c theyu love to bet.

id say that its a good spot to bet although a check wouldn't be bad b/c hes not folding KK/QQ.

-Barron

oreogod
07-25-2005, 04:54 AM
looks good I would assume high pair bets the flop, unless he's getting tricky with AA (Ive been seeing this a ton lately, ppl with AA checking the flop and going insane on the turn)