PDA

View Full Version : small blind AA hand at paradise 5 max .50/1 NL

bholdr
07-23-2005, 07:26 PM
i am in the SB with about $79, and am dealt AA

UTG raises to $3, button call, i raise to $8, the BB folds, and the others call. pot is $25

flop is A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet out $25

with the hearts out i don't see any other way to play this. does anyone try to check raise?

07-23-2005, 07:32 PM
I think that a check-raise attempt would not be to bad here since you have outs against the possible flush so in the worst possible scenario you would not be in THAT much trubble. A bet is of course not a bad move, but I think a check is nice in a lot of situations here. I can't se that many hands he would call a raise with that could be suited hearts and a check would be great against hands like KK and QQ and even AK so I think I would have tried the check raise here.

snappo
07-23-2005, 07:37 PM
You should raise more preflop. $13 would be a pot-sized raise. Leading the flop is fine.

Leaky Game
07-23-2005, 07:45 PM
Two ideas/suggestions...feel free to let me know if you don't agree.

1 Even if he hits his flush, there's a chance you improve. So he's got a 30% to hit the flush by the river and if he hit the flush on the turn and you stayed til the river you'd have about 10 outs to the boat.
2 More importantly, the only hand he could have where he'd raise pf with two hearts is KJ. KJ is still a pretty aggressive opening UTG (depending on the table) even 5 handed, imho. I don't think I'd take this line with K10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif if I were him. Did you have any reads on him? Solid? super aggro?

All this taken into account, I don't think you have to bet the pot. You could check or just make a regular continuation bet.

stu-unger
07-23-2005, 08:31 PM
i think with 2 villains the preflop raise needs to be atleast 10-14. i like leading out at this flop but, i think your posting cause u got no action. i think i lead at this flop but bet like 1/2 pot to 2/3 pot to make it look like a probe and hope to get raised. doing this will give a flush draw odds to draw, but given the pre-flop play i dont worry about flush draws. NH