PDA

View Full Version : Laguna beach

Morpheus
07-23-2005, 07:04 PM
Anyone ever felt like killing themselves after watching Laguna Beach ? Am I the only one ?

LeatherFace
07-23-2005, 07:05 PM
Usually im tired after watching it because Im done masterbating.

ozyman
07-23-2005, 07:23 PM
The mute button is the only way to approach that show.

gorie
07-23-2005, 07:25 PM
i watched it last weekend and i enjoyed it.

Morpheus
07-23-2005, 07:27 PM
You know it isn't real reality , right ? It's scripted in some sort of way. Not sure if it is scripted in the "Blair witch project"-type of way or they actually read a script but there is something screwed up about the show.

gorie
07-23-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You know it isn't real reality , right ? It's scripted in some sort of way. Not sure if it is scripted in the "Blair witch project"-type of way or they actually read a script but there is something screwed up about the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean guys don't really spread rose petals all over and spell out the word "PROM?" with candles to ask a girl to prom ? wtf.

LIES!

it is totally real.

Sponger15SB
07-23-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you mean guys don't really spread rose petals all over and spell out the word "PROM?" with candles to ask a girl to prom ? wtf.

LIES!

it is totally real.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, where I went to high school, this would be like a mild way to ask a someone to a dance.

IggyWH
07-23-2005, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They claim it is completely real reality, although I think that's total BS. The audio is always too good and you never see a mic on anyone.

Voltron87
07-23-2005, 08:13 PM
I cant tell any of the girls on that show apart. They all look exactly the same. And I'm glad I did not grow up there.

gorie
07-23-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

LIES!

it is totally real.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, where I went to high school, this would be like a mild way to ask a someone to a dance.

[/ QUOTE ]

really ? well, then i believe it is real.

actually i believed it was (mostly) real anyway.

i loved the scene where stephen mouthed "i love you" to kristin right before he went up to the hotel room to hook up with lauren. that was pretty real even if it was fake.

Alobar
07-23-2005, 08:27 PM
the show is sooooo fake

gorie
07-23-2005, 08:30 PM
does it really matter if its real or not ?

Morpheus
07-23-2005, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i loved the scene where stephen mouthed "i love you" to kristin right before he went up to the hotel room to hook up with lauren. that was pretty real even if it was fake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hate to burst your bubble, Gorie, but he actually meant "I want to [censored] you" but he didn't want to offend her.

Sponger15SB
07-23-2005, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sometimes...

http://www.teenminx.com/bigreal031203/images/busty10.jpg

ClaytonN
07-23-2005, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sucks to be you. Where I went to HS, you just asked the chick.

And yea, there is something definitely scripted with this show. Most reality shows have more spurratic camerawork (a la Real World), but Laguna Beach looks like it was shot for a motion picture.

Sponger15SB
07-23-2005, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sucks to be you.

[/ QUOTE ]

um, no.

gorie
07-23-2005, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hate to burst your bubble, Gorie, but he actually meant "I want to [censored] you" but he didn't want to offend her.

[/ QUOTE ]

you apparently have no idea why i thought it was awesome.

and you're wrong. it was a jealousy competition.

Morpheus
07-23-2005, 08:52 PM
you're right .

jacki
07-23-2005, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
spurratic

[/ QUOTE ]

um, sporadic maybe?

ClaytonN
07-23-2005, 09:17 PM
shaddap

jacki
07-23-2005, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
shaddap

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

usually i don't care, but that was brutal

Sponger15SB
07-23-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
shaddap

[/ QUOTE ]

um, shut up maybe?

jacki
07-23-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
shaddap

[/ QUOTE ]

um, shut up maybe?

[/ QUOTE ]

ni han, sir

pokertonbear1
07-23-2005, 11:36 PM
I guess you've got the tivo set for season 2 then...

Evan
07-23-2005, 11:53 PM
I watched 7 or 8 episodes of this show on my flight to CA in May. There was some sort of early morning marathon, I guess. This show is pretty [censored] addictive when you have nothing else to do.

thatpfunk
07-24-2005, 12:05 AM
It is "real" in the sense that they try to film stuff live and if they miss it they ask them to act it out again. They also obviously choose a story arc that they think will be ineresting and they exploit it. For example, during the entire first season LC was hooking up with a friend of mine but they ignored it to make the love triangle more interesting.

Stuff like the prom thing is real.

Alobar
07-24-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not in the slightest. The show is total crap either way

Morpheus
07-24-2005, 12:31 AM
pfunk, you are saying that one of the actors was getting it on with one of your friends ? Do you live in HOllywood or something ?

Klepton
07-24-2005, 12:35 AM
the best part of this whole show was the stupid fatter bitch who no one liked and was seriously the "token fat girl"

she applied to one college, and asks her friend to come over and open up the envelope with her. except the [censored] envelope is really small so you know she didn't get in.

she reads it out loud and even does the really excited voice to slowly losing enthusiasm as she reads "regret... to... inform... you"

then she justs looks at her friend and starts crying and says "what do i do now?"

i laughed for a very long time.

Bulldog
07-24-2005, 01:08 AM
Kristen is the hottest, Lauren is the one you want to take home, but you just know Lo is a freak in the sack.

gorie
07-24-2005, 01:12 AM
they all have really nice teeth.

masse75
07-24-2005, 05:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I watched 7 or 8 episodes of this show on my flight to CA in May. There was some sort of early morning marathon, I guess. This show is pretty [censored] addictive when you have nothing else to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

So are drugs...both are a bad idea.

B Dids
07-24-2005, 10:44 AM
It's basically a scripted show with real high school students instead of actors.

So it's a fake show with people that can't act to boot.

I too can't tell the difference between any of the (pretty cute) girls on the show.

Yeti
07-24-2005, 12:00 PM
I like pap like The OC. I like hot girls. Will I like this?

SCfuji
07-24-2005, 12:17 PM
this show is quite realistic. the OC is also realistic. a lot of the family issues are actually quite common. bonded through money, what a life. no, not all the girls down here are hot but us guys have been known to do crazy stunts for prom dates.

Popinjay
07-24-2005, 02:59 PM
Awesome cinematography, good music, and hot chicks. It's addicting.

thatpfunk
07-24-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

It's basically a scripted show with real high school students instead of actors.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is completely wrong.

SinCityGuy
07-24-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone ever felt like killing themselves after watching Laguna Beach ?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, watching Laguna Beach usually gives me a tranquil feeling, especially at sunset. Try having dinner on top of the hill at Las Brisas, and get a table with an ocean view.

tdarko
07-24-2005, 09:13 PM
this show is like heroin, you watch it and it's [censored]' great and then when it's over you feel unproductive and like [censored] and so you watch another as your fix and then you feel good all over again.

Ulysses
07-25-2005, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty close. Many of the story lines are created by MTV and the kids are "guided" as far as what they should do. The Blink 182 concert last season is a good example of a staged situation. So, no, they are not giving the kids dialogue and stuff, but they are creating scenarios and suggesting actions. This has been written about in legitmate press and acknowledged by MTV.

Didn't know a new season had started. Can't wait for the marathon.

thatpfunk
07-25-2005, 01:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty close. Many of the story lines are created by MTV and the kids are "guided" as far as what they should do. The Blink 182 concert last season is a good example of a staged situation. So, no, they are not giving the kids dialogue and stuff, but they are creating scenarios and suggesting actions. This has been written about in legitmate press and acknowledged by MTV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, ok.

The kids are free to do what they want. That being said, they edit heavily and ask to re-shoot conversations/situations that they think are interesting/important.

Anyways, it doesn't matter, it is a great show regardless.

B Dids
07-25-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, ok.

The kids are free to do what they want. That being said, they edit heavily and ask to re-shoot conversations/situations that they think are interesting/important.

Anyways, it doesn't matter, it is a horrible show regardless.

[/ QUOTE ]

A- FYP

B- that sounds scripted enough for me. Although I've heard from others that it's more scripted than you say. I know you're from SD though, so if you have inside knowledge, spill it.

A_C_Slater
07-25-2005, 01:47 AM
I hate the show so much that I have to watch it. Plus the blonde clones are super hot.

thatpfunk
07-25-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know you're from SD though, so if you have inside knowledge, spill it.

[/ QUOTE ]

A few of my friends went to the high school but they were two grades older. They know the kids on the show through their older siblings and one of them was "dating" LC while the show was being filmed.

The kids complain that the show is edited to change things, but I haven't heard about any complaints with scripting, etc.

And by great show I meant great because it is so, so horrible.

csuf_gambler
07-25-2005, 04:17 AM
laguna beach(the actual city/beach) is pretty tight. its only like 20 mins from my house. i get in my car, take the 5 south, get on the 133 south, turn left on PCH, and drive past OCEAN AVENUE(yes thats THE oceans avenue).

theres a pretty good article about the show in the orange county register, sunday eidtion. basically, some of it is real and some of it is scripted.

Yeti
07-25-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like pap like The OC. I like hot girls. Will I like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have begun watching. It is pretty good, somehow. Kristen is super-hot.