PDA

View Full Version : 50$ sit n go final hand

dmoney
07-23-2005, 05:13 PM
OK so a 50$ sit n go last night /images/graemlins/frown.gif im pretty sure i had the tourny.. i was playing better then the other guy then THIS HAPPEND haha.

ok. so i was up 10k to 5k(him) then i lose a hand so we are about even im down a bit., (7k ME) to 8K him.

ok so here is the hand.

im the BB. blinds are something like 200/400 i think.
anyways. we are both in, i have king,X spades. flop comes

ace 2, 6 all spades. so i flopped the nut flush. so anyways, i obviously check. he checks. turn comes ace. i check he checks. (im hoping he has an ace) river comes 4. I go all in, he calls, shows pocket 4s. did i SEVERLY mess this up? or should i just say (thats poker) and forget that i got outdrawn this time? i played it right? What i was thinkgin on the flop was. ok, i go the nutz. but i want him to hit SOMETHING so he can bet/call me. so on the turn the 2nd ace makes me think, hmm if i bet now and he doesnt have the ace hell fold, if i check then maybe hell think i dont have an ace and hell call my all in after the river. if he doesnt have an ace then he wouldnt call any bet anyways. so i just figured [censored] goign all in on the river mine as well, he isnt gonna call unless he has the ace. /images/graemlins/frown.gif (p.s. did i mention im stupid haha) well his full house beat my flush :S hahah lol.

I need thoughts on this. NOw that i think of it more, im thinking i should have bet the turn jsut cause if he didnt have an ace he wasnt calling on the river anyways, yes no?

HELP. p.s. if this doesnt make sense its cause im a moron right now /images/graemlins/smile.gif

dmoney
07-23-2005, 06:28 PM
Id just like to thank eveyrone for all their help on this post. really apprecaite it

lastchance
07-23-2005, 06:33 PM
Yeah, this is a bad beat post.

But also, this is a horrible slowplay. Sure you can check the flop, but you should lead turn, especially if you think he's got the ace. Ax has huge implied odds on you if you check turn.

This is by no means an obvious check on the flop, because you'd be betting an ace and other things. Still, you're safe here.

bluefeet
07-23-2005, 06:41 PM
"im the BB. blinds are something like 200/400 i think. anyways. we are both in"

-- he limped, you checked? if so, raise it 3x next time (or push)

"ace 2, 6 all spades. so i flopped the nut flush. so anyways, i obviously check. "

-- had you raised 3x PF, push this flop - seeing that you didn't, bet 1/2-3/4 pot.

"he checks. turn comes ace. i check"

-- had you raised the flop and had he called, check/fold the turn (let's not forget though, that we raised PF and pushed the flop). since you didn't raise PF, or bet the flop, we need to bet this card....1/2-3/4 pot, folding to an all-in push.

"he checks. (im hoping he has an ace) river comes 4. I go all in, he calls"

-- had you bet the turn and he called, we check/fold the river. since you didn't raise PF, bet the flop, bet the turn, we check/fold as well (let's not forget though, that we raised PF and pushed the flop).

hope this helps.

Moonsugar
07-23-2005, 06:52 PM
Not huge, infinite.

bluefeet
07-23-2005, 06:57 PM
aaah sh%t!! i knew i was going to miss something in that rambling - flopped flush, got it /images/graemlins/blush.gif

dmoney
07-25-2005, 07:23 AM
Ok lets be serious /images/graemlins/smile.gif just because i ramble doesnt mean......ok so i ramble, SO WHAT /images/graemlins/smile.gif

haha.