PDA

View Full Version : The official "QQ with action in front" thread

bluefeet
07-23-2005, 03:05 PM
Calling all 'experts' - or anyone that wants to take a shot. There are two of these on the front page, and several others in the past few days. Lots of views, few replies.

I just stared at the blank reply page on the latest, starting, erasing, starting again, etc. How about some common consensus. Of course early tourney differs from late tourney, number of players, chips counts, reads, and so on. How about this pretty generic setting:

$22 on party
7 handed
blinds 25/50

UTG - t950
MP1 - t1250 (nothing out of the ordinary)
MP2 - t1050
CO - t1100
Button - t1300 (hero)
SB - t1000
BB - t1350

Hero is dealt QQ

1 fold, MP1 raises to t150, 2 folds, hero??

Let's get past PF and we can give a few post-flop scenarios a try.....

EDIT: Apologies to any that are composing a reply. I want to drop the blinds/raise a tad to make this a little more difficult (from 100 to 50, 250 to 150)

Hendricks433
07-23-2005, 03:15 PM
Push PF? or stop and go maybe? Call and Push the flop. Im starting to like the Stop and Go more. But then I dont think you get a call unless he hits and your probally beat if he hits. I dont think the Stop and Go is good here. I would push pre flop(Queens arent Unbeatable) but I hate being sucked out on and people hitting flops against me so I always take action against that.

Hendricks433
07-23-2005, 03:18 PM
Well first I want to apologize for being a moron and mentioning a Stop and Go here. I push preflop. What those blinds I dont understand what your changing them to. Do you want them to be 75/150 and the raise be bigger from the villain?

bluefeet
07-23-2005, 03:23 PM
Personally I push, but I'm not sure if it's because it is the 'correct' thing to do, or because the flop is so difficult.

You call (or raise, and he calls).

Flop w/no Overs
He leads out 3/4
- call?
- push?
- raise?
He doesn't lead
- push?
- bet 3/4-pot
- raise?
...............what do you do on the turn if he just call? do you call/push a C/R on the flop?

Flop with Overs
He leads out 3/4
- call?
- push?
- raise?
He doesn't lead
- push?
- bet 3/4-pot
- raise?
...............what do you do on the turn if he just call? do you call/push a C/R on the flop?

tigerite
07-23-2005, 03:23 PM
225 in the pot, which is 1/5th my stack, I can't very well just call with QQ, any re-raise is going to pretty much commit me, it has to be a push.

bluefeet
07-23-2005, 03:25 PM
....sorry hendricks. i reduced both the blinds and the size of the raise. i wanted 'push' to be a less likely answer i guess, if that is not pushing is indeed a 'correct' option.

Hendricks433
07-23-2005, 03:25 PM
Yeah like I said I push preflop. IF which is a big if for me. called preflop then I would push with no overs and dont know about with an over. An Ace here is pretty scary I think cause you have no reads. Much easier to just push it preflop. Make it easy on yourself.

bluefeet
07-23-2005, 03:41 PM
ok, just one bump. 46 users on the forum, including a handful of 'pooh-bah's and at least 2 carpal's. is this really just a no-brainer push? anyone?

durron597
07-23-2005, 03:46 PM
Ew. I didn't see the first version, but the current version is the hardest blind sizes possible. The problem is that a 3x raise almost commits you, a call allows the blinds in cheap, and a push is a pretty big overbet and almost never gets you action.

I think letting the blinds in might be the least wrong thing to do with these stack sizes. I would probably call and hate it.

skierdude1000
07-23-2005, 04:58 PM
pussssh it

Howard Treesong
07-23-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
225 in the pot, which is 1/5th my stack, I can't very well just call with QQ, any re-raise is going to pretty much commit me, it has to be a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

My reaction is to (80%) make it 450 to get rid of the blinds, intending to call if MP1 stacks off. The idea is to extract more money from hands like AQ-AT that may well raise from MP but who are unlikely to push in response to my reraise -- and who can get away from their hand if I push.

In this scenario, I'll usually shut down if both an A and a K flop.

If a single K or single A flops (which is what, about a third of the time?), then I'm calling the K 75% of the time and folding the other 25%; on the A, it's the other way around. If enemy checks, I bet -- and am committed if I do.

If it flops undercards, I'm calling or betting all the time. No free As or Ks permitted.

The other 20% of the time, I'm pushing preflop.

Thoughts?

bluefeet
07-23-2005, 11:25 PM
as long as the evening shift is answering QQ threads.....

[bump]