PDA

View Full Version : I hate crying babies

TheMainEvent
07-23-2005, 02:11 PM
I just went out to have a relaxing lunch but instead was treated to 20 minutes of the most excruciating sound I've ever heard a human being produce. What is with people who will take a screaming baby out in public and not do anything about the situation? Is it some sick desire to give everyone else a taste of their living hell? Do they not realize that many of the rest of us choose to actively avoid procreation because we don't want to hear that sh**?

2+2 wannabe
07-23-2005, 02:24 PM
have you watched the MADD (mothers against drinking and driving) commercial?

it's 30 seconds of a baby crying

i hate babies crying >>>> any other noise

disjunction
07-23-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just went out to have a relaxing lunch but instead was treated to 20 minutes of the most excruciating sound I've ever heard a human being produce. What is with people who will take a screaming baby out in public and not do anything about the situation? Is it some sick desire to give everyone else a taste of their living hell? Do they not realize that many of the rest of us choose to actively avoid procreation because we don't want to hear that sh**?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you frantically try to stop them every time they scream in public, the crying babies will become annoying adults.

jacki
07-23-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If you frantically try to stop them every time they scream in public, the crying babies will become annoying adults.

[/ QUOTE ]

PocketJokers72
07-23-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is with people who will take a screaming baby out in public and not do anything about the situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Once you have kids, you learn to ignore their yapping.

And before someone decides to Fix My Post:

Once you have a wife, you learn to ignore their yapping.

They are most likely just oblivious to the fact that the kid is really loud.

07-23-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What is with people who will take a screaming baby out in public and not do anything about the situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Once you have kids, you learn to ignore their yapping.

And before someone decides to Fix My Post:

Once you have a wife, you learn to ignore their yapping.

They are most likely just oblivious to the fact that the kid is really loud.

[/ QUOTE ]

No disrespect intended ... but I don't agree with the above (about the kids ... dead on about the wife).

While I do believe people have a habit of overreacting to noisy kids, we parents have to hold up our end of the bargain. Take your small kids only to places that are "family friendly", at times when kids can be expected to be there. If you do that, and your kids make noise (a little yelling, screaming, or crying), that comes with the territory for others that are there. But if a kid is crying or screaming, non-stop, loudly, we have an obligation to remove that child from the restaurant. I take my kids outside and sit with them until they calm down. I don't think we've had more than one situation where a kid absolutely would not stop crying (thankfully my kids are not screamers -- I think allowing screaming in a restaurant is a sign of lax parenting, but that's for another time) -- and that sucks, but I thought we had no alternative but to pack up our dinner and take it home.

I know what you're thinking, and you're right. I'm father of the year.

handsome
07-23-2005, 03:53 PM
I hate that [censored] too. Some people just don't know how to take care of children. srsly.

RunDownHouse
07-23-2005, 04:22 PM
Once I was old enough to control my actions, it didn't take me very long to learn that if I made a scene, I was in for a shitload of trouble.

Why doesn't every kid learn this?

HopeydaFish
07-23-2005, 11:12 PM
A kid crying in a restaurant is one thing...what drives me nuts is when parents bring their bratty kids to such things as weddings and funerals.

I was at a wedding last month where the bride's sister had brought her two year old with her. The little brat spent the entire ceremony whining and crying. You couldn't hear the minister over the kid's nonsense. When I made the mistake of making a comment about it to a female friend of mine, she looked all disgusted at me and said "Well, the baby is family, and this is a family event". WTF? The baby doesn't even realize what's going on...all the baby is doing is *ruining* a family event.

Even worse is when I was at a funeral awhile ago. It was blazing hot in the church and some moron had brought her TWO children with her. Both of the kids were obviously uncomfortable from the heat, and were howling by the start of the ceremony. Finally, it looked like the mother was going to take the kids out of the church, but instead she just took them to the back row. You could still hear them whining, but it was *slightly* less loud.

PokerCat69
07-23-2005, 11:22 PM
what can you do?

razor
07-24-2005, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what can you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well we can't shoot'em, so I guess we are stuck with the crying, screaming kids of people with no parenting skills.

07-24-2005, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate crybabies.

[/ QUOTE ]

kerssens
07-24-2005, 01:18 AM
I feel that when you have a kid you have to give up certain things that were a part of your lifestyle before, unless you have someone watch your kid. If/when I trick a girl into having my child I'll be able to give up ballgames, going to restaurants at peak times, etc. Or my mother will be able to spend a some time with the kid.