PDA

View Full Version : GTA sex scene?

xLukex
07-23-2005, 01:41 PM
WTF is this all about?!

They had to pull it from the shelves?!

ChoicestHops
07-23-2005, 01:43 PM
They just made It [AO]. God forbid a 17 year old sees poorly animated breasts.

More dumb [censored] from our leaders. You can show two people having sex in a PG-13 without full nudity of course, but when you show it in a game there's a huge uproar.

KaneKungFu123
07-23-2005, 01:44 PM
gta?

Alobar
07-23-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
gta?

[/ QUOTE ]

Grand Theft Auto

07-23-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They just made It [AO]. God forbid a 17 year old sees poorly animated breasts.

More dumb [censored] from our leaders. You can show two people having sex in a PG-13 without full nudity of course, but when you show it in a game there's a huge uproar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a second.

1. It's a video game. Not a movie.
2. People generally didn't know that the sex stuff was in there.
3. Our "leaders" didn't do anything. Whoever rates these games changed the rating. And then stores, on their own, removed the game from the shelves.
4. You can't show people having sex with full nudity and get a PG-13 rating.

Other than that, great post.

touchfaith
07-23-2005, 02:13 PM
Hasn't this game been on the market for over a year?

Shouldn't sales be slumping right about now?

Sounds like the perfect time to leak the information about the 'hidden scene', receive an anticipated ratings change and sit back and watch the sales soar (they have convienently offered a new MA cover).

Pure Marketing Genius.

ChoicestHops
07-23-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's rated Mature which is for 17+. Rated R movies are 17+.

[ QUOTE ]
3. Our "leaders" didn't do anything. Whoever rates these games changed the rating. And then stores, on their own, removed the game from the shelves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they did. Hillary and others had to go out in public and talk about how we need more strict standards on video games.

The stores removed the game from the shelf because most of them have a policy against Adult Only rated games.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, but the scene isn't full nudity. It's a guy clothed and you can see the girl's breasts. You dont see a any genitalia to my knowledge.

[ QUOTE ]
Pure Marketing Genius.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this definitely hurts sales as most stores will not stock a Adult Only rated game.

Lazymeatball
07-23-2005, 02:16 PM
ok, can someone link to info about what this story is about?

Vince Young
07-23-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Also, it's not in the game. It's a mod created and released on the internet by people who had nothing to do with the game.

Vince Young
07-23-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok, can someone link to info about what this story is about?

[/ QUOTE ]
Link 1 (http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/gta4/news_6129500.html)
Link 2 (http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/gta4/news_6129661.html)

AngryCola
07-23-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

They had to pull it from the shelves?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Did the ESRB really change their rating over all this BS?
That would be an unfortunate cave.

As I pointed out before, I don't see how any of this adds up considering the whole 'hot coffee' thing is only accessed by using a mod.

It just doesn't seem right. Go away government! We'll be fine if you stop trying to make all our moral decisions for us. Really... it's not your business. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Republicans and Democrats both like to make issues out of this stuff. It's annoying at best.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they did. Hillary and others had to go out in public and talk about how we need more strict standards on video games.

The stores removed the game from the shelf because most of them have a policy against Adult Only rated games.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, but the scene isn't full nudity. It's a guy clothed and you can see the girl's breasts. You dont see a any genitalia to my knowledge.

[ QUOTE ]
Pure Marketing Genius.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this definitely hurts sales as most stores will not stock a Adult Only rated game.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. People don't generally expect to see sex in a video game, at least one they buy in Walmart (excluding video games from Vivid Video).

2. See point 1.

3. I don't recall any "leader" coming out and singling out the "hidden" sex scenes in this game. And by the way, why make them hidden? What's there to hide? Oh yeah, these games are rated and this was a way for the maker to get around the "Adult" rating.

4. Your original post said "full nudity" can get you a PG-13 rating. That's what I was responding to.

I have no problem with having sex in a video game. I do have a problem with them hiding the sex and skirting the rating system. Let me know when I buy the game what's in it. It's not that hard. I don't think anyone is saying you shouldn't be able to buy the game. And if stores choose not to sell the game, you should take it up with the stores, or find someplace that does sell it (surely the game is available on line).

Voltron87
not exactly. the code for the scene was in the original game, the people who wrote the game wrote the sex scene, which was hidden. people on the internet made a mod unlocking it.

07-23-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Also, it's not in the game. It's a mod created and released on the internet by people who had nothing to do with the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought they came out afterward and said that the stuff was actually in the game itself. Not correct?

Voltron87
07-23-2005, 02:30 PM
it was in the original game, but hidden. you needed a internet mod to unlock it.

AngryCola
07-23-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, these games are rated and this was a way for the maker to get around the "Adult" rating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, don't make absurd claims you can't back up with actual fact. If you do say something like this, at least identify it as pure speculation, because that is all it is.

Thanks.

07-23-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, these games are rated and this was a way for the maker to get around the "Adult" rating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, don't make absurd claims you can't back up with actual fact. If you do say something like this, at least identify it as pure speculation.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently someone needs a little practice recognizing when someone is posting an opinion.

07-23-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it was in the original game, but hidden. you needed a internet mod to unlock it.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did people find out that it was in there?

AngryCola
07-23-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

By modding the game, going through all the code, etc.

07-23-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do people do this for games in general? Or was there some reason for folks to be looking through this game for hidden stuff?

AngryCola
07-23-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do people do this for games in general?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, for pretty much everything that's released. People are always trying to go through bits of the games to create their own little minigames or full-blown modifications which barely even resemble the original title.

Obviously the bigger and more popular a game is, the more people want to take it apart and have their own way with it.

MrTrik
07-23-2005, 03:22 PM
The mod community is large and does this stuff all the time. Sometimes they just look for ways to access content on the distribution and make it usable even though the software guys made it non-accessable prior to release. This is what happened with GTASA.

Other times entire new levels are built for a game. Along with mapping tools and designers. Examples of this were huge in the success of DOOM and Quake among others. Sometimes a mod even becomes a product. This happened with Counterstrike.

Dr. StrangeloveX
07-23-2005, 06:06 PM
Niss you are a tool.