kerssens
07-23-2005, 01:11 PM
/images/graemlins/mad.gif

KaneKungFu123
07-23-2005, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
to have your kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

why didnt god just make all chicks hot? wouldn't that be better, evolutionary wise?

hoopsie44
07-23-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is their evolutionary purpose?

[/ QUOTE ]

The same question could be asked of moronic posters.

KaneKungFu123
07-23-2005, 01:17 PM
burn.
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The same question could be asked of moronic posters.

[/ QUOTE ]

einbert
07-23-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to have your kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

why didnt god just make all chicks hot? wouldn't that be better, evolutionary wise?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, all chicks can't be equally hot unless they all look the same, and that would be incredibly bland.

Your Mom
07-23-2005, 01:20 PM
To make sure you can get some.

gorie
07-23-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to have your kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you sound awfully religious for an evil person.

Homer
07-23-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to have your kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if all chicks were hot, then no chicks would be hot. do you see why?

KaneKungFu123
07-23-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to have your kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, all chicks can't be equally hot unless they all look the same, and that would be incredibly bland.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know what i meant. they would be equally hot, but not all the same looking.

einbert
07-23-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you know what i meant. they would be equally hot, but not all the same looking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I didn't understand exactly what you meant, but what I was trying to say is that I don't understand exactly how they can be equally hot but not all the same looking.

It would also depend on your personal preference, some people prefer woman A over woman B but others it's vice versa.

In all it probably comes down to the fact that we are programmed to pick "good" mates and for some reason certain physical qualities jump out at us as "good" for whatever reason.

More likely it's a societal thing, I think.

But yeah, back to my original point. I really don't think it's possible that you can have a ton of women who look different but are all considered equally hot. You would find something about some of the women to make them seem hotter than the others.

Alobar
07-23-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

But yeah, back to my original point. I really don't think it's possible that you can have a ton of women who look different but are all considered equally hot. You would find something about some of the women to make them seem hotter than the others.

[/ QUOTE ]

but they would still all be hot, which is what I think he was trying to say.

kurosh
07-23-2005, 01:45 PM
Maybe you should stick to the mid-high NL forum?

mmbt0ne
07-23-2005, 01:47 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
why didnt god just make all chicks hot?

[/ QUOTE ]

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
wouldn't that be better, evolutionary wise?

[/ QUOTE ]

?

coffeecrazy1
07-23-2005, 01:50 PM
"Oh, won't you take me home tonight?
Oh, down beside that red firelight...
Oh, you gonna let it all hang out,
Fat bottomed girls, you make the rockin' world go 'round."
-Queen

Seriously, though...it's to balance out some of the extremely ugly guys, so they can get a little, too.

einbert
07-23-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but they would still all be hot, which is what I think he was trying to say.

[/ QUOTE ]
Let me try to state my perspective from a numbers POV.

Let's assume that right now women are somewhat "normally" distributed according to a hotness of 0-10. So, if this happened I guess we could say that all the 0-5's would be zapped into nothingness, and we would be left with the 6-10's. So, now a 6 is the bottom of the food chain instead of middle class. If you thought a 6 was hot before, do you think she is ugly now that she is hotter than basically noone? Or do you just think that everyone is beautiful.

On the flip side, if all the 6-10's in the world were suddenly gone, 5's and 4's would begin to look hot. Hotness is just a totally relative term.

Even if you got rid of all the 0-8's, you would still have a lot of 9's and 10's, and the hottest 10's would quickly be sorted out from the ugliest 9's, IMO.

In fact I believe that something like this would take place:
The old 0-10 scale would be redistributed based on the remaining women. So if you got rid of all the 0-5's a 6 would now be a 1 and a 7.5 would now be a 5 (relative to the population).

Do you guys think that if the 0-5's all were suddenly gone, phrases like "ugly" and "unattractive" would just go out the window? This is probably one reasonable hypothesis, but I disagree with it if that is what you are saying.

Another way to look at this problem, is to say that well it's your fault because you're calling them ugly. If you chose to, you could scale all women from "reasonably attractive" to "very hot" rather than from "very ugly" to "very hot" or whatever it is now.

Pretty interesting thing to consider, in any case.

einbert
07-23-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because God and evolution cannot possibly coexist in the same hypothetical universe? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

CallMeIshmael
07-23-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because God and evolution cannot possibly coexist in the same hypothetical universe? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

jason_t
07-23-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Questions like this demonstrate a gross misunderstanding of the mechanisms of evolution.

mmbt0ne
07-23-2005, 02:07 PM
Read some more of KKF's posts to get an idea of his thoughts on God.

pokertonbear1
07-23-2005, 02:09 PM
agreed...if all girls were equally hot, then ugly/fat guys wouldn't have a prayer of procreation which answers the evolutionary purpose of ugly/fat girls.

gorie
07-23-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
agreed...if all girls were equally hot, then ugly/fat guys wouldn't have a prayer of procreation which answers the evolutionary purpose of ugly/fat girls.

[/ QUOTE ]

but all guys are hot ! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

einbert
07-23-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Read some more of KKF's posts to get an idea of his thoughts on God.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have read a lot of his posts.

I believe he was presenting the question as a hypothetical question, given some assumed model of the universe or something.

But I have to agree with you on one point, the original wording of the post didn't seem quite right.

I agree with jason_t's point in particular, but again I think this error falls into miscommunication at some point. Of course I could be wrong.

My iniial impression was, and still is, that this thread isn't really about evolution, God, or the universe, but basically it's about ugly girls and why do we have to put up with them. Which is a fine topic for OOT discussion I guess. It's an interesting one in some aspects anyway.

Lazymeatball
07-23-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect as long as there are more women then men on this planet.

Anyway, the answer as to why ugly/fat women still exist is because horny guys keep fuc[/b]king them.

TheMainEvent
07-23-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, the answer as to why ugly/fat women still exist is because horny guys keep [censored] them.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably the most accurate post in this thread.

gorie
07-23-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect as long as there are more women then men on this planet.

[/ QUOTE ]
do you honestly believe this ? obviously they'd have a chance still, but do you really not think it makes a difference ? i'm pretty sure ugly/fat guys have better chances having ugly/fat women on the planet, than just having 'too many' hot girls.

Lazymeatball
07-23-2005, 02:34 PM
Yes, I honestly believe this. Are women going to stop having sex because they are too hot?

gorie
07-23-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I honestly believe this. Are women going to stop having sex because they are too hot?

[/ QUOTE ]
no, they're going to fight over the hot men.

TheMainEvent
07-23-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
do you honestly believe this ? obviously they'd have a chance still, but do you really not think it makes a difference ? i'm pretty sure ugly/fat guys have better chances having ugly/fat women on the planet, than just having 'too many' hot girls.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're implying that ugly girls are inherently more attracted to ugly guys than hot girls are. In reality, ugly girls just can't do any better. There are self-esteem issues too, of course, but there would be no reason for hot girls to have a particularly high self-esteem with regard to looks if all other girls were equally hot.

KaneKungFu123
07-23-2005, 02:37 PM
i read that the birth rate in first world countries is falling. its probally because there is too much wealth, and the chicks eat too much.

in a poor country they keep their figures longer, hence, more [censored].

ive read your posts about math, so i know you are pretty smart. it'd be cool if you wrote a long post about the correlation of hotness and evolution.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Questions like this demonstrate a gross misunderstanding of the mechanisms of evolution.

[/ QUOTE ]

KaneKungFu123
07-23-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly.

this is what i am getting at...

Lazymeatball
07-23-2005, 02:40 PM
so we have a difference of opinion that is impossible to ever settle. cool. the way I see it is it's simple economics, supply and demand, hot women will sleep with ugly guys given no other option. And what do people mean by fat anyway? Pushing a couple bills, or just a belly hanging out from a tight t-shirt?

KaneKungFu123
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're implying that ugly girls are inherently more attracted to ugly guys than hot girls are. In reality, ugly girls just can't do any better. There are self-esteem issues too, of course, but there would be no reason for hot girls to have a particularly high self-esteem with regard to looks if all other girls were equally hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly.

this thread has potential to be the best ever.

Peter666
They are here to feed us. First by preparing food, and then to be eaten themselves.

TheMainEvent
07-23-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And there will presumably be winners and losers in this 'fight'...what will the losers do?

gorie
07-23-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're implying that ugly girls are inherently more attracted to ugly guys than hot girls are.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i'm not implying that. i didn't say anything about ugly girls being more attracted to the ugly guys. i just said the ugly guys chances increase. i was actually implying it more because neither can do better, so they pair up with an equal.

einbert
07-23-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They are here to feed us. First by preparing food, and then to be eaten themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably correct. I'll try to write up a proof by induction.

gorie
07-23-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And there will presumably be winners and losers in this 'fight'...what will the losers do?

[/ QUOTE ]

start threads like this on internet forums ? i don't know.

they go after another guy they're attracted to.
are all hot guys going to refuse sex from hot girls because they already have one ?

chesspain
07-23-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I still haven't figured out what purpose you serve here.

BeerMoney
07-23-2005, 02:48 PM
Nice post.

A coupla functions I think of

1.) They make it possible for trophy girlfriends.

2.) Fat girl head.

3.) They keep the hot girls in line by not being bitchy, and giving fat girl head.

kerssens
07-23-2005, 02:49 PM
This thread made my eyes bleed.

TheMainEvent
07-23-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
start threads like this on internet forums ? i don't know.

or they go after another guy they're attracted to.
are all hot guys going to refuse sex from hot girls because they already have one ?

[/ QUOTE ]

If anyone wants to read more about this and evolutionary psychology in general, The Moral Animal by Robert Wright is a good place to start. Of course its controversial like most evolutionary psychology texts, so take it for what you will.

Anyways, with regard to sexual selection, the author classifies different species as "high parental investment" (HPI) or "low parental investment" (LPI). In a LPI species, females are essentially looking for the best quality sperm possible and that's pretty much all they want from the males. Since the males don't play a role in raising offspring, the females don't care about anything other than their genes. Basically the same considerations as shopping for frozen sperm. All the females presumably just take turns with the most attractive males they can find to mate with.

But the author believes that in HPI species like humans, natural selection has determined that in regards to successfully passing on genes, having a mate that can be counted on to provide safety and security for the offspring is often as important if not more than having one with high-quality genes (the hot ones). Obviously, a man who is sleeping with 20 other women is not as likely to be able to provide security as one with no other partners. The author believes this is how monogamy developed in human culture. For this reason, it seems logical that in an HPI species with a roughly equal gender ratio, most will be able to find mates regardless of relative attractiveness.

07-23-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to have your kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
there is different prefences for different people so what one person might find incredably hot another might find ugly, and what about when they turn old, thats just sad. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

KaneKungFu123
07-23-2005, 03:10 PM
BeerMoney is one of the best posters on this site.

[ QUOTE ]

Nice post.

A coupla functions I think of

1.) They make it possible for trophy girlfriends.

2.) Fat girl head.

3.) They keep the hot girls in line by not being bitchy, and giving fat girl head.

[/ QUOTE ]

gorie
07-23-2005, 03:11 PM
imagine there are 100 guys in existance. all of them extremely hot. you are a hot guy.

there are only 99 women in existance. a large percentage of them are hot too, the rest are average. except one.

98 women are paired with 98 hot guys.

this leaves one woman and two men.

you are one of the two hot men left.

this is the last woman available (http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/gallery/2004/05/26/timzaccheo.jpg)

what would you do ?

kerssens
07-23-2005, 03:14 PM
That picture made me smile. I'd like to see a followup to see what became of him and Chunk. I imagine they got an apartment somewhere in the city ala Perfect Strangers.

Lazymeatball
London Bridge one of the other 98 women.

einbert
Does she give good head?

gorie
07-23-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

can you tell me 'london bridge one' means so i can respond ? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Claunchy
07-23-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Clearly the correct play.

TheMainEvent
07-23-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether I'm hot or ugly doesn't change my answer for whether I'd bang Sloth or not if she was the only one left. That's the whole point.

KaneKungFu123
07-23-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does she give good head?

[/ QUOTE ]
einbert combines logic with humor perfectly. awesome poster.

Lazymeatball
07-23-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

can you tell me 'london bridge one' means so i can respond ? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

London Bridge (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=london+bridge)

KaneKungFu123
07-23-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether I'm hot or ugly doesn't change my answer for whether I'd bang Sloth or not if she was the only one left. That's the whole point.

[/ QUOTE ]

gorie
07-23-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree. but that's not really what the question is about.

my 'point' i'm trying to make is in response to the supply/demand theory, that 'as long as there are more women than men, the ugly guys would still get some' and that 'hot women will sleep with ugly guys given no other option'

i was just trying to turn it around to see if the guys would go with the 'sloth' because that's the last girl left, or if they'd 'fight' for one of the normal girls, or what.

i can't imagine an attractive girl just being like "ok, this is all thats left, i'm not attracted to this person at all. they actually disgust me. but all the other boys have girlfriends! -- guess he'll have to do!"

gorie
07-23-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

London Bridge (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=london+bridge)

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, so you are actually agreeing with me about the 'fighting' (or 'sharing') among the 'hot ones' instead of your supply/demand idea now. ? you confuse me.

TheMainEvent
07-23-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i can't imagine an attractive girl just being like "ok, this is all thats left, i'm not attracted to this person at all. they actually disgust me. but all the other boys have girlfriends! -- guess he'll have to do!"

[/ QUOTE ]

But why would this thought process be different for an unattractive girl? If we are assuming that this is a choice between an ugly person or nobody.

wacki
07-23-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
to have your kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

gorie,

you are awesome.

gorie
07-23-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But why would this thought process be different for an unattractive girl? If we are assuming that this is a choice between an ugly person or nobody.

[/ QUOTE ]

because in this equation there IS NO UGLY GIRL.

SpearsBritney
If you look at other species, most members look almost identical to one and other. This is because the weaker and mutated genes are not desirable, and die off rather quickly compared to humans, allowing for a more gradual and uniform evolution. As a result, appearance is not a big issue when it comes to procreation.

However, with humans, we have developed a social structure that allows for “weaker” genes to thrive and survive creating all kinds of disgusting looking people.

Lazymeatball
Your example of sloth while humorous added ntohing to the discussion as it is not a woman. Hence the London Bridge commences due to the 'Musical Chairs' scenario you have presented.

For the sake of argument, ugly guys or girls can't fall into the realm of completely unfukable, even though that is a relative term, I think we can all agree your sloth example falls into that category.

SpearsBritney
07-23-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
to have your kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gorie, your posts have been hysterical lately!

wacki
07-23-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to have your kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is as true as you imply. Perception of beauty is genetic. If it hits the button it hits the button. All beer will get you drunk, however, there are plenty of women that would never be able to give me a hardon.

Lazymeatball
07-23-2005, 03:39 PM
hey Spears

Do you ever wonder if Zebras look at us and think we all look the same, or Chineese people for that matter? just a thought.

TheMainEvent
07-23-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but the original fallacy that was put forth in this thread was that ugly girls sleep with ugly guys because they can't do better, but hot girls will not sleep with unattractive guys even if there is no other option

TimM
07-23-2005, 03:40 PM
This is all very interesting, but overlooks one simple thing:

The current standards of "hotness" haven't been around anywhere near long enough to have much effect on human evolution. The adaptation of storing energy in the form of fat, in case of food scarcity, isn't going away any time soon.

Alobar
07-23-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

On the flip side, if all the 6-10's in the world were suddenly gone, 5's and 4's would begin to look hot. Hotness is just a totally relative term.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely disagree with this. Ranking girls hotness is completely relative. The actual being hot part, is not relative.

If you are hot, you are hot. It doesnt matter if you are the least hot girl in the room, you dont suddenly become ugly. You are still fine as hell, its just there are other girls in the room youd stick it in first.

The same way if all the hot girls on the planet dissapeared. Im not gunna suddenly see the Incredibly fat girl sporting the halter top with a harry mole on her chin and cottage cheese thighs as hot. Even if she is the most attractive out of all the girls left on the planet. Shes still an ugly fat whale.

gorie
07-23-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your example of sloth while humorous added ntohing to the discussion as it is not a woman. Hence the London Bridge commences due to the 'Musical Chairs' scenario you have presented.

For the sake of argument, ugly guys or girls can't fall into the realm of completely unfukable, even though that is a relative term, I think we can all agree your sloth example falls into that category.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you think guys would share the hot women. but if reversed, a hot girl left out would go with sloth, because he's all that is left. ? your supply/demand idea only applies if there are more women than men? not the other way around?

einbert
07-23-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The current standards of "hotness" haven't been around anywhere near long enough to have much effect on human evolution..

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.

I would bet lots of money that it's more societally influenced than it is genetically influenced.

SpearsBritney
07-23-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hey Spears

Do you ever wonder if Zebras look at us and think we all look the same, or Chineese people for that matter? just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he could tell us apart, but he might have trouble with Chinese people /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

wacki
07-23-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The adaptation of storing energy in the form of fat, in case of food scarcity, isn't going away any time soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Says you, designer babies are just around the corner. They are in hot debate in England as we speak. In fact,they have already been made.

TimM
07-23-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The adaptation of storing energy in the form of fat, in case of food scarcity, isn't going away any time soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Says you, designer babies are just around the corner. They are in hot debate in England as we speak. In fact,they have already been made.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I meant it isn't going away naturally.

http://www.djfl.de/entertainment/djfl/1100/110168b2.jpg

gorie
07-23-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but the original fallacy that was put forth in this thread was that ugly girls sleep with ugly guys because they can't do better, but hot girls will not sleep with unattractive guys even if there is no other option

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe that if an ugly girl doesn't find an ugly guy the least bit attractive, she won't want to be with him anymore than a hot girl would. so i'm not sure why you keep directing this question at me.

however, i do believe the chances of an ugly girl being with or finding an ugly guy attractive, are higher than a hot girl doing the same.

look around you.

TheMainEvent
07-23-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
however, i do believe the chances of an ugly girl being with or finding an ugly guy attractive, are higher than a hot girl doing the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about why this is true. I believe it is because the hot girl can get better looking guys, and the ugly girl cannot. So perhaps the reality of knowing that she has no chance with a good-looking guy results in some self-deception with her thinking that ugly guys can be attractive. If there is a different reason, what do you think is it?

Lazymeatball
07-23-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so you think guys would share the hot women. but if reversed, a hot girl left out would go with sloth, because he's all that is left. ? your supply/demand idea only applies if there are more women than men? not the other way around?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think my previous post already stated that the sloth was not a useful example.

btw, my supply and demand theory works the same if there are more men then women. If there were more men than women on the planet, some good looking guys would start hitting some not incredibly good looking women.

gorie
07-23-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about why this is true. I believe it is because the hot girl can get better looking guys, and the ugly girl cannot. So perhaps the reality of knowing that she has no chance with a good-looking guy results in some self-deception with her thinking that ugly guys can be attractive. If there is a different reason, what do you think is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

when i was 15 i had a crush on this guy that everyone use to tell me was an ugly dork. i guess he was by definition. he was smart, very small group of friends that were considered the 'nerdy' crowd. but seemed to mostly be a loner. i thought he was was really cute and i wanted to know everything about him. he kind of reminded me of myself, and i thought we'd have a lot in common. i use to get teased for liking him. one of my ('attractive'?) called him a dog.

then a year later, he and his friends started a band. that group of 'nerdy guys' somehow turned into a group of 'cool guys'. the friend that was telling me what a dog he was a year ago, was now dating him.

i don't know why people do what they do and what determines what they're attracted to. you tell me. i don't think it's anything easily defined, though.

gorie
07-23-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think my previous post already stated that the sloth was not a useful example.

btw, my supply and demand theory works the same if there are more men then women. If there were more men than women on the planet, some good looking guys would start hitting some not incredibly good looking women.

[/ QUOTE ]

except sloth, specifically. ok. sorry i was just trying to understand.

Lawrence Ng
07-23-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
to have your kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not even remotely funny.

Lawrence

gorie
07-23-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to have your kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
who said it was suppose to be ?

SpearsBritney
07-23-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to have your kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
who said it was suppose to be ?

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

Lawrence Ng
07-23-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, it's rude to diss your momma on a public forum.

Second, ugly is a subjective word to describe beauty unlike objective words like retarded, assinine, and annoying which describe you. What is ugly to you could be beautiful to another person. You might want to ask your dad more about this if you still don't understand.

Third, fatter women with bigger hips are known to bare and carry babies far better than skinnier women. In many cultures, fatter women are more attractive simply for that fact.

Lawrence

TheMainEvent
07-23-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i don't know why people do what they do and what determines what they're attracted to. you tell me. i don't think it's anything easily defined, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Individuals can behave in very inexplicable ways. This is what makes life interesting. On the other hand, I think humanity viewed as a whole tends to be fairly predicatable. The way we act, as a species, is how an evolutionary biologist would expect us to act.

dtbog
07-23-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let me try to state my perspective from a numbers POV.

Let's assume that right now women are somewhat "normally" distributed according to a hotness of 0-10. So, if this happened I guess we could say that all the 0-5's would be zapped into nothingness, and we would be left with the 6-10's. So, now a 6 is the bottom of the food chain instead of middle class. If you thought a 6 was hot before, do you think she is ugly now that she is hotter than basically noone? Or do you just think that everyone is beautiful.

Even if you got rid of all the 0-8's, you would still have a lot of 9's and 10's, and the hottest 10's would quickly be sorted out from the ugliest 9's, IMO.

In fact I believe that something like this would take place:
The old 0-10 scale would be redistributed based on the remaining women. So if you got rid of all the 0-5's a 6 would now be a 1 and a 7.5 would now be a 5 (relative to the population).

Do you guys think that if the 0-5's all were suddenly gone, phrases like "ugly" and "unattractive" would just go out the window? This is probably one reasonable hypothesis, but I disagree with it if that is what you are saying.

Another way to look at this problem, is to say that well it's your fault because you're calling them ugly. If you chose to, you could scale all women from "reasonably attractive" to "very hot" rather than from "very ugly" to "very hot" or whatever it is now.

Pretty interesting thing to consider, in any case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice post -- I think you're right.

Beauty is very obviously subjective, and to think that we measure it absolutely (compared to some universal human 'attractiveness' standard) as opposed to relatively (compared to the rest of the people out there) is absurd.

wacki
07-23-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
when i was 15 i had a crush on this guy that everyone use to tell me was an ugly dork. i guess he was by definition. he was smart, very small group of friends that were considered the 'nerdy' crowd. but seemed to mostly be a loner. i thought he was was really cute and i wanted to know everything about him. he kind of reminded me of myself, and i thought we'd have a lot in common. i use to get teased for liking him. one of my ('attractive'?) called him a dog.

then a year later, he and his friends started a band. that group of 'nerdy guys' somehow turned into a group of 'cool guys'. the friend that was telling me what a dog he was a year ago, was now dating him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like your friend gorie. This is what you get for listening to other people. Follow your heart next time.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. You just have to find out what drives other people. Your "friend" as you call it finds people of high social value attractive. This is why the dog became a prince.

Your friend sound like the type that will probably go after a rich business man in a few years. If his business fails, she will probably leave him.

The qualities that you find attractive in other people age like wine and are able to weather lots of adversity. That is a good thing gorie.

wacki
07-23-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to have your kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's not only hillarious, but true. Gorie has a nack for being in touch with reality.

My hat goes off to Homer.

gorie
07-23-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like your friend gorie. This is what you get for listening to other people. Follow your heart next time.

[/ QUOTE ]
i didn't say i let anyone elses opinion affect mine. i tried and failed. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Your friend sound like the type that will probably go after a rich business man in a few years. If his business fails, she will probably leave him.

[/ QUOTE ]
i actually lost friendship with her before she even started dating him, this was a long time ago so i have no idea what she's like now. she was a good person though but i agree i think she was just attracted to him for social reasons.

it was just an example of how it's hard to predict sometimes what people will be attracted to.

stretch22
07-23-2005, 06:25 PM
How did you escape evolution? Surely your fingers should have fallen off by now and your mouth should have shrunken into an enter-only feeding opening.

PokerGoblin
07-23-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Conundrum of Ugly and/or Fat Chicks

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually opened this thread thinking this would be a discussion as to how less attractive women succeed in life and love despite society's obvious favortism toward more attractive women.

Obviously, I was wrong.

You are an absolute moron in the truest sense. If I had to guess, you're probably that dopey ADD kid that roamed the halls of my high school way back when wearing the 'No Fat Chicks' t-shirt.

get a [censored] life.

PG

Justin A
07-23-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i read that the birth rate in first world countries is falling. its probally because there is too much wealth, and the chicks eat too much.

in a poor country they keep their figures longer, hence, more [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

So you honestly think they have more kids in other countries because the women are hotter and so therefore there is more sex going on? Goodness.

Justin A
07-23-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to have your kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is as true as you imply. Perception of beauty is genetic. If it hits the button it hits the button. All beer will get you drunk, however, there are plenty of women that would never be able to give me a hardon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wacki,
Is it really just genetic, or does it have a lot to do with experiences growing up also?

skoal2k4
07-23-2005, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

birth control

geormiet
11-24-2005, 05:32 PM
In the past, before there were magazines, television, pornography (i.e. when we were cavemen) men didn't need women to be very hot to want to have sex with them. Our standards weren't all messed up.

It's only in the past few hundred years that we have trouble getting it up for girls who we now define as ugly because of our saturation with beautiful women in the media.

A few hundred years is nothing to evolution, so it just hasn't caught up yet.

Then again, it's not like it will catch up in the far off future. Beautiful women aren't any more likely to reproduce than ugly women. They might have more sex, but the advent of birth control prevents any sort of evolution from occuring.

bad beetz
11-26-2005, 09:33 PM
Different strokes for different folks?

To each their own?

A bottle a day keeps..... Can't think of how to finish this one...

More Cushion for....

If we had some chicken we could have chicken and mashed potatoes if we had some mashed potatoes....

Ok, that last one didn't have anything to do with anything but I like saying it.

tomdemaine
11-26-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was he a sk8er boi?

Mr_J
11-26-2005, 10:45 PM
"It's only in the past few hundred years that we have trouble getting it up for girls who we now define as ugly because of our saturation with beautiful women in the media."

Don't think this is true. This would've come about as soon as beauty began to be judged, which would've been a VERY long time ago. Society gives us our standards, not the media.