PDA

View Full Version : Bohemian Rhapsody

07-23-2005, 10:38 AM
Have you ever heard Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen?

DemonDeac
07-23-2005, 10:45 AM
yes

Sightless
07-23-2005, 12:11 PM
maybe

Pocket Trips
07-23-2005, 12:15 PM
for anyone over 20 ( only so young b/c of Wayne's World) thats like asking if you have ever breathed.

The only thing that might make this thread even remotely interesting is if we knew why you need to kknow if anyone has heard thois song before.. I think that might be the interesting question here

chesspain
07-23-2005, 12:15 PM
It was our "first dance" wedding song.

mason55
07-23-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, did they cover the guys from Wayne's World?

klagett
07-23-2005, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the song from when they are all driving in the car going to the club.

"I see a little siloutta(sp) of a man!)

mason55
07-23-2005, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I always just assumed that song was written for the movie. You're saying it was a real song before the movie came out?

Broken Glass Can
07-23-2005, 12:43 PM
Any song about someone rotting in prison for committing a crime is top notch in my opinion.

07-23-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
for anyone over 20 ( only so young b/c of Wayne's World) thats like asking if you have ever breathed.

The only thing that might make this thread even remotely interesting is if we knew why you need to kknow if anyone has heard thois song before.. I think that might be the interesting question here

[/ QUOTE ]
I wanted to know because that song kicks ass and everone I chat with has no idea what it is.

Brain
07-23-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I wanted to know because that song kicks ass and everone I chat with has no idea what it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to find less retarded people to talk to.

hoopsie44
07-23-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I always just assumed that song was written for the movie. You're saying it was a real song before the movie came out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Touche.

07-23-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the same week we had a guy who's never seen Animal House, and now a guy who's never heard of Bohemian Rhapsody. Holy crap.

coffeecrazy1
07-23-2005, 01:53 PM
It was only Queen's biggest hit, but hey, they were only wildly famous for about fifteen years, so it's easy to see how these jackasses you hang out with have never heard it.

The guitar solo from that song is one of my favorite things to play...to say nothing of its overall greatness.

In a related note, half the people I work with have never seen The Goonies. Oh, the humanity!!!

Phill S
07-23-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any song about someone rotting in prison for committing a crime is top notch in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone correct me if im wrong, but isnt the underlying subtext of the song Freddie finding out he has AIDs? The killing of the man is a metaphore of him passing on AIDs to someone?

Oh, and its probably the greatest song ever written, and is without a doubt the best Christmas No1 we've ever had over here in the UK.

Phill

07-23-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone correct me if im wrong, but isnt the underlying subtext of the song Freddie finding out he has AIDs? The killing of the man is a metaphore of him passing on AIDs to someone?

Oh, and its probably the greatest song ever written, and is without a doubt the best Christmas No1 we've ever had over here in the UK.

Phill

[/ QUOTE ]

The song was written years before Freddie was diagnosed with AIDS. I think it was written before anyone knew about AIDS. My recollection is that Queen explained that the song was purely intended to be nonsense, a take-off on the "rock opera" type of music of the 70s.

jason_t
07-23-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the same week we had a guy who's never seen Animal House, and now a guy who's never heard of Bohemian Rhapsody. Holy crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFG. Someone on here has never seen Animal House? What. A. Loser.

07-23-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Without trying to embarrass that anonymous poster ... did you rent it yet?

jason_t
07-23-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but I haven't watched it yet.

Willluck
07-23-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]wait...that has to be sarcasm right? cuz...w/ 2000+ posts I mean, come on.

Phill S
07-23-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So is this a good movie? Cant say ive heard anything major about it.

File, new window, imdb...

Phill
edit, after reading description ive seen it. Was funny in a late night kind of way. Not amazing, but all national lampoon films are pretty poor.

Willluck
07-23-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So is this a good movie? Cant say ive heard anything major about it.

File, new window, imdb...

Phill

[/ QUOTE ]I personally think it's overrated, but for it's time, it was the shizdizzy. But then again, so was American Grafiti /images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

zephed
07-25-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And someone doesn't even recognize the penis of a famous sculpture. OMG!!!!!!!

EliteNinja
07-25-2005, 03:44 AM
lol, reminds me of a time when a bunch of us students were in the computer lab working on projects at 2am and one guy starts playing it and we get like 20 guys singing it.

Anywhere the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me...
to me.....

istewart
07-25-2005, 03:48 AM
Jason,

Kill yourself.