PDA

View Full Version : Now, about those Lawyers.....

Zeno
02-28-2003, 02:28 AM
I got upset today. Quick outline. We are writing/reviewing some technical/scientific reports that are fairly meaningless but must be done to meet some obligations. We have a deadline (March 31). The reports must be reviewed by a host of people, some smart, some not so smart. If anything holds up the review process we cannot make the deadline.

So today we learn that one of the main people that MUST review every report is going on a lovely two-week vacation to Italy. No lead-time that this was going to occur. Just, hey I'm off to Tuscany. Ciao.

It is the F**KING Lawyer. Not that I mine, the less these ilk are around mucking up the pipeline the better.

The real issue is much more serious. And you may have guessed it already – What is a piss-ant lawyer doing reviewing rather meaningless scientific reports? (they are issued by some Gov.agency). Well, she must make sure no sensitive or otherwise important information is released to the public. This is becoming common practice and can, and in the future will have, serious repercussions on science and the free flow of information. I think the academic crowd is already up in arms about this. There are a host of other issues that are important also, but; I wanted to make this post brief. I made the main point away.

I am also purchasing another gun. A 12-gauge illegal-length barrel shotgun with extra space for shells. The ammo will be buckshot alternating with slugs. I am preparing for my discussions with a few lawyers. They’re more than just a nuisance now. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Until you need one that is. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

-Zeno, (hope HDPM understands)

HDPM
02-28-2003, 02:39 AM
Completely.