PDA

View Full Version : AQd on Button

Ricardido
07-23-2005, 08:12 AM
Game is quite loose- not much of a read on Villain but he is low stacked- maybe a bit tilty/fishy. Comments on all streets please.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.70 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (10.70 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.70 BB

Should the flop be capped by Hero?? Am i right in raising?

kurosh
07-23-2005, 08:28 AM
Raise PF. It plays differently then. This way... meh, I dunno, it depends on the player. Some people won't raise out of the BB without a big hand and I don't know how the 5/10 6m plays.

07-23-2005, 09:35 AM
A cap wouldn't be too bad, you have an equity edge with two opponents and you might get a freecard on the turn.

A caveat: If your up against a set, your equity is about break even, but with the chance of getting a freecard, I think a cap is justified.

River is fine. Almost 12 to 1, gotta call.

toss
07-23-2005, 10:09 AM
I think this hand would be a lot easier if you raised PF. Its also true that a cap on the flop isn't so bad. Maybe gets you a free one and you got a lotta outs probably.

sy_or_bust
07-23-2005, 10:43 AM
You should raise this preflop automatically. This is a sizable error. I would raise at least A6s+ in this postion.

Easy flop cap. You're in OK shape if all you have is the flush draw, and if your overcards are clean you're doing very well. Plus, sometimes you'll get a free card.

Post 6-max in Heads Up &amp; Shorthanded, not here.

brettbrettr
07-23-2005, 10:59 AM
Raise pre-flop!

I don't cap this flop. BB seems to like his hand.

Looks good otherwise.

chief444
07-23-2005, 11:37 AM
I cap this flop every time. If he's 3-betting an overpair it's probably not A's since you have one and if it's TT/JJ your equity is huge. A free card wouldn't be bad either.

How low stacked is low stacked? You don't say anything about UTG either but I don't think it matters that much especially if he's typically too loose.

J. Sawyer
07-23-2005, 11:38 AM
you need to raise and reraise w/ this hand preflop 5 handed

chief444
07-23-2005, 11:59 AM
I think the river is close here as well because if he's low-stacked, tilty/fishy...he's paying off with TT-KK.

mdob
07-23-2005, 12:40 PM
As others have said, raise pre-flop, cap the flop. I think the river is a clear raise also. On the river I'd only be worried about 99 and AA from villain after the pre-flop raise and flop re-raise. TT-KK are obviously more likely since there's only one combination each of 99 and AA.

Nick C
07-23-2005, 12:57 PM
Preflop: As others have said, you should raise.

Flop: The raise is good. With two cards to come, you are going to make a flush by the river about 35 percent of the time. Plus, you have two overcards. Sometimes you'll improve and still lose, but you should have an equity edge here, against two opponents. (By the end of the hand, you'll have a pair of queens or better about 54 percent of the time.)

When BB 3-bets, this indicates he probably has more than just overcards, but I would go ahead and cap anyway. Like Chief mentions, BB's pair doesn't have to be AA. (And even if BB does have AA, you're still not in bad shape, in this 3-handed pot.) Also, if you cap, you increase your chances of getting checked to on the turn, when you can take a free card. (Sometimes you'll even get a free card if BB has a huge hand like a flopped set, because your cap might encourage him to go for a turn checkraise.)

Turn: Looks good.

River: I'm tempted to raise. I think BB is more likely to have a big pair than AK, and you also beat AJ/AT. However, there is some chance he won't pay off a raise if he just has, say, JJ, and also getting 3-bet here wouldn't be much fun.

Ass Master
07-23-2005, 01:08 PM
Preflop - raise!

You should've capped the flop for 2 reasons. One is for value - you have the nut flush draw with 2 overcards against 2 opponents, both of whom will have to call the 4th bet. The second is that you might get the option of taking a free card on the turn.

clownshoes
07-23-2005, 05:18 PM
Not raising this PF is a pretty huge mistake.

Cap the flop because BB is going to call, UTG is stuck in the middle and you have a ton of equity. Afterwards you could probably take a free card on the turn.

I think you also need to raise this river. Youre only behind AA/99/77/66 and theres only 1 combo each of AA/99. Unless hes really aggro I dont seem him playing AKo/AKs this way (consdiering he cant have the A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif or A/images/graemlins/club.gif)