PDA

View Full Version : how to extract the most?

relsieh
07-23-2005, 06:57 AM
2/5 nl at Turning Stone
vilain in this hand has 1600 and has been playing extremely agressive betting draws and overplaying top pair
hero has approx. 700 before the hand
pf:
hero raises to 15 utg with AcKh, mp1 calls, villain on button calls, and sb calls 15
4 to the flop ($60)
flop: QcJs4h
checked around,
turn: 10s, sb bets $20, hero calls $20, villain raises $100, to 120, sb folds
hero ?

Reef
07-23-2005, 07:21 AM
I only 4 table the 100's, so take this with a grain of salt.

I probably checkraise him a smooth 150 to $270 to build the pot for your eventual river push. If he has a K or Q ( or possibly 9), he won't fold.

The reason I don't just call and wait for a river checkraise is because I don't want a scare card to fold him (and there are many out there). As aggressive as he is, he may even put you all in right there on the flop too.

thabadguy
07-23-2005, 01:22 PM
Call turn, lead river for pot, three betting is gonna let him off a lil too easy.

fsuplayer
07-23-2005, 01:39 PM
the call of 20 sucks bad.

that is a nasty board, and you have no clue what card can beat you on the river, or which one might freeze up the villian.

for those same reasons, as well as your description of the villian, i make it 300 up to a push here.

thabadguy
07-23-2005, 01:54 PM
Sorry, i thought hero led the turn. Raise turn in that case.

GimmeDaWatch
08-23-2005, 05:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the call of 20 sucks bad.

that is a nasty board, and you have no clue what card can beat you on the river, or which one might freeze up the villian.

for those same reasons, as well as your description of the villian, i make it 300 up to a push here.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont know why Im posting since I totally agree but whatever. Im guessing by the title of your post you re-raised and he folded and you were seriously disappointed. If he's just messin around so be it, but if he's got anything he wants to play with you gotta get alot of money in now. Any 8,9,A, or K is action kill time and as for your hand you dont like seeing a Q,J,T,4 or spade. That's roughly half the deck.

flawless_victory
08-23-2005, 05:24 AM
huge mistake not raising when it was 20 to go.
in this hand id put this guy on the sucker straight or maybe bottom set and call the turn very tentatively.
checkraise allin on the river.
BTW/if he is not retarded, he wil instamuck K9 if you reraise here.

warlockjd
08-23-2005, 10:09 AM
Make it 500 on turn

edit: as played that is, normally, i make it 120 after the 20 turn bet

CamelZoo
08-23-2005, 01:42 PM
don't feel bad if you raised and took it down - flush draw out there, A, K, board pairing - you'll kick yourself if you split or even lose on the riv, not the safest of boards to do anything but raise him - i'd make it $300

MTBlue
08-23-2005, 01:58 PM
I'd fold anything except AK to a reraise by hero there. Nobody without the nuts smooth calls and then reraises that is a fishy line. Since he smooth called he needs to lead the end big or check raise all-in on the end. I raise the weak lead on the turn instead of smooth calling it and this hand becomes much easier to play.

mgsimpleton
08-23-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nobody without the nuts smooth calls and then reraises that is a fishy line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ain't this a great way to play a big draw here? I mean, what a great line for a bluff since "no one ever does it." (against observant opponents) Like if you have a read that the person raising most likely doesn't have the nuts (which anyway is usually most likely but let's say they're the type to always reraise with AK then it makes it REALLY easy to do) wouldn't the smooth call reraise when pot is getting big and juicy for you be a fun line to take?