PDA

View Full Version : Female attire, the belly, and pudge

wacki
07-23-2005, 04:55 AM
I have to ask this question as it bugs the crap out of me.

Why is it that there are so many slightly not skinny women that wear super tight pants and super tight shirts that squeeze the flesh while showing a 1 inch band of skin between the pants and the shirt? Their clothes literally squeeze the flesh and make their fat look way worse than it really is. I could not imagine a more appropriate attire for barely overweight women to wear to show off their fat. Yet for some reason, only the non super skinny women wear those outfits. I don't get it. Every day, I walk across campus and see the pudge being squeezed out to show off the fat of otherwise normal looking women. I walk by the super skinny women and there isn't that 1" band of skin showing.

Why do they do this? Do they actually think it looks good? Do you like it?

-Drunk wacki

ChoicestHops
07-23-2005, 04:58 AM
This pisses me off too.

Alobar
07-23-2005, 05:05 AM
They do it for the same reason they buy shoes to small for their feet. They want to be a size X. Women live in a constant state of denial.

wacki
07-23-2005, 05:08 AM
Then why don't the super skinny do it?

billyjex
07-23-2005, 05:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Women live in a constant state of denial.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alobar
07-23-2005, 05:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they do, its just there are more pudgy chicks, so thats who you see doing it most often. That and the skinny girls arent trying to be a size 2 or whatever, because they already are. So the clothes fit them better.

jdl22
07-23-2005, 05:21 AM
In my experience it's girls that used to be skinny and are now slightly overweight wearing their old clothing. Think freshman 15, there are a lot of these girls around campus. Especially in spring when they've gained weight in the winter and are wearing their old clothes still.

diebitter
07-23-2005, 05:26 AM
Yeeee haaaaw!

Slap the fat, and ride the waves!

nervous
07-23-2005, 05:45 AM
I'm the guy that's yelling "Whhyyyyyyy????"

siccjay
07-23-2005, 05:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too

dabluebery
07-23-2005, 09:50 AM
There was a fashion article in the Daily News (NY) this week about that. They called the phenomenon "Muffin Tops."

TemetNosce
07-23-2005, 10:33 AM
Welcome to the Mrs. Michelin syndrome.

HDPM
07-23-2005, 10:57 AM
Drives me nuts. Particularly since so many of them wear flip flops.

I really don't understand when I see a woman who could be decent lookig if she dressed OK instead wearing a Gap T-shirt that shows her fat, bad short jeans - the sort of capri length things - that show off her bad ankle tattoo and flip flops. The suburban mall look from hell. Food court body in clothes from the Gap. Feh. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Rotating Rabbit
07-23-2005, 11:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too

[/ QUOTE ]

And me. Fat women annoy me anyway (for having no discipline and they always complain about how they hardly eat anything and yet if you count their calorie intake its like 4000 a day).

But this just takes the biscuit.

gorie
07-23-2005, 11:15 AM
it's actually really hard to buy flattering clothes if you're even a little chubby, or have boobs, or hips, or a butt.

you're even more screwed if you're a girl with all of the above. it's just how most clothes seem to be made (for skinny girls with no shape).

plus all jeans these days are those low rise jean. or ultra-low rise. which definitely doesn't help to hide any chub, from having pants with a low rise (with actually having hips & ass) and a shirt that doesn't have much length (from actually having boobs).

HDPM
07-23-2005, 11:31 AM
This is a good point. But why do women make it worse by buying the most unflattering clothes anyway. They need to rebel against the companies and find some clothes that fit. The styles are pretty unflattering now.

ChoicestHops
07-23-2005, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
or have boobs, or hips, or a butt.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's simple to find flattering clothes for all of the above. For boobs you show cleavage. For hips or ass you wear tight pants.

gumpzilla
07-23-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

It's simple to find flattering clothes for all of the above. For boobs you show cleavage. For hips or ass you wear tight pants.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finding things that fit properly and accomplish the above without making a woman look ridiculous in some other fashion is more challenging than you might guess.

ChoicestHops
07-23-2005, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Finding things that fit properly and accomplish the above without making a woman look ridiculous in some other fashion is more challenging than you might guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I see it everyday. The problem comes with the girl that's looking ridiculous probably already had a defect.

To be more specific: if it makes her boobs look ridiculous, then she probably has saggy tits. If her hips don't look right in tight pants, it's probably because she has some huge ems and a flat ass. If her ass doesn't look right, it's probably because it's too flat compared to her belly or too big compares to her waistboard.

I dont see the arugment here, as plenty of girls can find clothes that make them look good. The main point of the OP was that fat girls need to stop wearing tight clothes that show off handles hanging out of the sides.

gorie
07-23-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
or have boobs, or hips, or a butt.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok.

gorie
07-23-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

gorie
07-23-2005, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a good point. But why do women make it worse by buying the most unflattering clothes anyway. They need to rebel against the companies and find some clothes that fit. The styles are pretty unflattering now.

[/ QUOTE ]

there aren't really that many options if you're a chubby girl that wants to be wearing clothes that are in style. most girls want to look like a girl. i'm not sure what can be done to 'rebel' against what's in style since that is what's in the stores, and people like to be clothed.

i don't know. i just know shopping sucks for my body size. even when i wasn't fat. then again i think i have it worse than most girls... having all of the above mentioned 'problems' AND being tall.

and i'm not saying girls don't buy clothes they shouldn't and sizes too small which makes them look worse. but i do know a lot of the problem comes from the options in current styles, and shape of the clothes themselves even in proper sizing.

still, i'm sure you'd rather have a chubby girl dressing in style that actually looks girly, than a girl dressing like me to avoid showing their gross body! /images/graemlins/smile.gif (assuming they're not gross enough to not want to look at at all.)

einbert
07-23-2005, 12:58 PM
It's pretty hard for me to get into the mind of a fat person so I don't really try to.

I try not to look at them, especially the midriff section.

nothumb
07-23-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There was a fashion article in the Daily News (NY) this week about that. They called the phenomenon "Muffin Tops."

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant, IMO.

NT

RacersEdge
07-23-2005, 03:16 PM
It's almost like it's a defiance thing like " yes, I'm going to wear these clothes and no, I'm not going to lose the 20 pounds necessary to even consider putting these clothes on"

It reminds me off those dough tubes you buy in store that you hit on the counter to makes them burst at the seams... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

private joker
07-23-2005, 03:20 PM
Here's an idea, ladies: instead of changing the clothing, how about you change your fat ass? Go the gym once in a while and put down the popcorn.

Bluffoon
07-23-2005, 03:24 PM
I don't get why so many guys are obsessed with skinny women. Im not a chubby chaser by any means but I am not put off by a few extra pounds. If a woman is attractive she is attractive whether she is heroin/chic thin or pleasantly plump.

wacki
07-23-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get why so many guys are obsessed with skinny women. Im not a chubby chaser by any means but I am not put off by a few extra pounds. If a woman is attractive she is attractive whether she is heroin/chic thin or pleasantly plump.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) you are off topic
2) not all men like skinny women, in fact, most men like a little meat on the bones
3) you can't help why you are attracted to what you are attracted to. You are born with a specific "love map". It's genetic. There is nothing to get or understand.

jakethebake
07-23-2005, 03:37 PM
They look like sausages that have been in the microwave about 30 seconds too long.

Bluffoon
07-23-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1) you are off topic
2) not all men like skinny women, in fact, most men like a little meat on the bones
3) you can't help why you are attracted to what you are attracted to. You are born with a specific "love map". It's genetic. There is nothing to get or understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for setting me straight.

The Yugoslavian
07-23-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Many certainly do.

However there are more 'slightly overweight' women so there unfortunately are more of them around.

Yugoslav

The Yugoslavian
07-23-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there aren't really that many options if you're a chubby girl that wants to be wearing clothes that are in style. most girls want to look like a girl. i'm not sure what can be done to 'rebel' against what's in style since that is what's in the stores, and people like to be clothed.

i don't know. i just know shopping sucks for my body size. even when i wasn't fat. then again i think i have it worse than most girls... having all of the above mentioned 'problems' AND being tall.

and i'm not saying girls don't buy clothes they shouldn't and sizes too small which makes them look worse. but i do know a lot of the problem comes from the options in current styles, and shape of the clothes themselves even in proper sizing.

still, i'm sure you'd rather have a chubby girl dressing in style that actually looks girly, than a girl dressing like me to avoid showing their gross body! /images/graemlins/smile.gif (assuming they're not gross enough to not want to look at at all.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I know plenty of girls who could easily do the fat pinch thing to make themselves look sorta gross...I wouldn't say they are fat, but they aren't really skinny either. However, they are very stylish while finding clothes that complement their bodies. This really should be the goal of any 'stylish' person....

In some ways I feel it's hard for really skinny girls to be very stylish at all b/c there is little depth and/or dimensionality to their look. But it certainly is easier (if this is the chosen route) to look like a cheap whore and still be somewhat attractive.

So....the obviously follow-up question, Gorie, is what do you like wearing and feel stylish/sexy in? The last time you wore something in order to acheive this goal, what was it?

Yugoslav

Shajen
07-23-2005, 04:36 PM
I blame the designers. The ideal woman (according to these idiots) is 5'10", 110lbs, with no tits, no ass, and no curves.

I think it's because they all have a 12 year old boy fetish. In turn, all the women think the problem is them. So we get chicks who used to look good and now look like [censored] Callista Flockhart. Ugh.

gorie
07-23-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So....the obviously follow-up question, Gorie, is what do you like wearing and feel stylish/sexy in? The last time you wore something in order to acheive this goal, what was it?

[/ QUOTE ]
i dress for comfort. i don't remember the last time i wore anything to feel stylish or sexy.

i'd need to lose weight before attemping to look sexy. even still i'd have a hard time thinking of myself as sexy or finding clothes i'd like wearing and that made me feel that way at the same time.
however, putting my boobs in my boyfriends face usually does the trick.

miajag81
07-23-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i dress for comfort. i don't remember the last time i wore anything to feel stylish or sexy.

i'd need to lose weight before attemping to look sexy. even still i'd have a hard time thinking of myself as sexy or finding clothes i'd like wearring and that made me feel that way at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? as i recall you were quite skinny in your pics. you don't need to lose weight.

gorie
07-23-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd need to lose weight before attemping to look sexy. even still i'd have a hard time thinking of myself as sexy or finding clothes i'd like wearring and that made me feel that way at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? as i recall you were quite skinny in your pics. you don't need to lose weight.

[/ QUOTE ]
thanks, but i weigh 183 lbs. definitely not skinny. i don't look 'fat' necessarily either, because i am tall. but i am definitely out of shape and it is not attractive.

Blarg
07-23-2005, 04:55 PM
I agree with the third poster. It's all about denial plus being hapless slaves to fashion. Bizarrely, even the most brilliant women are very commonly fashion idiots who can't wait to humiliate themselves with ridiculous clothing, jewelry, make-up, and hairstyle choices.

When midriff-baring outfits became the rage a half dozen years ago among teens, it spread to adults, and the adult woman who can wear one without looking fat isn't all that common. Yet, since it's the style, they convince themselves not that they should trim down or not wear the style, but that they should wear that style, like any and all others that comes down the pike, AT ALL COSTS, even at the cost of looking horrible instead of better, and that living in a state of denial is an easily bearable cost.

Woe unto our eyes! I've seen countless Latino women in my neighborhood adopting the style because all the teens are doing it, and these are women whose men like them fat and don't mind saying so. Frankly, lots of them spend a fair amount of time pregnant(I don't like in a nice neighborhood), which doesn't help the looks of their bellies even long after the kid is gone. So you have women walking around "fashionably" baring HUGE rolls of droopy belly fat. Mix this in with spandex leggings and you've got a staggeringly inappropriate combination of denial plus indulgence merged with fashion idiocy. For God's sake, ladies, keep those blue-veined pudding bags you call bellies a private treasure!

Fashion is REALLY not important.

And don't tell me you're doing it to be comfortable or "natural," or that it's your own decision that has nothing to do with fashion, because 99% of you(and yes, that includes YOU) didn't do it before it became fashionable, and you know damn well that when it's no longer fashionable, you'll roll up your lard and keep it secret once again.

Lawrence Ng
07-23-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Here's an idea, ladies: instead of changing the clothing, how about you change your fat ass? Go the gym once in a while and put down the popcorn.

[/ QUOTE ]

PwNzR'd.

Lawrence

masse75
07-23-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's an idea, ladies: instead of changing the clothing, how about you change your fat ass? Go the gym once in a while and put down the half-gallon of Haagen-Daas

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

wacki
07-23-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Woe unto our eyes! I've seen countless Latino women in my neighborhood adopting the style because all the teens are doing it, and these are women whose men like them fat and don't mind saying so. Frankly, lots of them spend a fair amount of time pregnant(I don't like in a nice neighborhood), which doesn't help the looks of their bellies even long after the kid is gone. So you have women walking around "fashionably" baring HUGE rolls of droopy belly fat. Mix this in with spandex leggings and you've got a staggeringly inappropriate combination of denial plus indulgence merged with fashion idiocy. For God's sake, ladies, keep those blue-veined pudding bags you call bellies a private treasure!

Fashion is REALLY not important.

And don't tell me you're doing it to be comfortable or "natural," or that it's your own decision that has nothing to do with fashion, because 99% of you(and yes, that includes YOU) didn't do it before it became fashionable, and you know damn well that when it's no longer fashionable, you'll roll up your lard and keep it secret once again.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow.... just wow.

Irieguy
07-23-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They do it for the same reason they buy shoes to small for their feet. They want to be a size X. Women live in a constant state of denial.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, this is so funny.

I worked in a little sports-store in the mall when I was in high school. We sold sports shoes, and this was the 80's when everybody wanted to "Get Physical/Get Animal," so I sold a lot of women's shoes.

Seriously, 100% of overweight women will ask for a shoe size that is AT THE VERY LEAST one whole size too small. Skinny chicks with small feet don't do this.

But it was such a giant pain in the ass because one of two things would happen:

1. The woman would cram her fat feet into a shoe that had no business accomodating her bratwurstesque peds, or

2. She would be literally unable to squeeze her feet in, and then would have to say "I don't understand, a size 6 always fits me," and I'd have to go get another shoe.

Finally, what I did is just grab 1.5 sizes bigger than they asked for. It would usually fit, which would make them happy... and sometimes it would be too big, which would make them ecstatic.

At first, I was worried that they would look at the shoe and notice that I brought them a size 9... but they never would.

Irieguy

Lazymeatball
07-23-2005, 05:27 PM
http://www.shirt66.de/images/products/71049.jpg

RacersEdge
07-23-2005, 05:31 PM
Well, what can I say - I love the thin look.....the Paris Hilton body style does it for me.

zoomOut
07-23-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In my experience it's girls that used to be skinny and are now slightly overweight wearing their old clothing. Think freshman 15, there are a lot of these girls around campus.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a former young girl I would say that either they have gained weight as the one poster suggested or they are in mind-blowing denial or they are attempting but failing to celebrate their womanhood.

Having just returned from my son's freshman orientation I had a few observations of my own.

1. Wow girls today dress slutty. What's with the lingerie tops cut really really low? I mean I like them but I'd wear that out to a bar or on a date, not to orientation with your parents (with fat bulging out!). Note to self: don't wear slutty tops to work anymore it's sort of embarrassing.

2. Clothes must shrink a lot in the dryer. Pants and shirts look much too small just as Wacki has pointed out. Surely they didn't look like that when they stood in front of the mirror in the dressing room. Must have shrunk!

3. Whoever said women are in denial is surely right. Denial is cool. Makes us feel like we're really pretty. I for one like wearing sexy tops but the bulging fat thing is a no-no.

I wish Gorie felt better about herself.

Blarg
07-23-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I see it everyday. The problem comes with the girl that's looking ridiculous probably already had a defect.

To be more specific: if it makes her boobs look ridiculous, then she probably has saggy tits. If her hips don't look right in tight pants, it's probably because she has some huge ems and a flat ass. If her ass doesn't look right, it's probably because it's too flat compared to her belly or too big compares to her waistboard.

I dont see the arugment here, as plenty of girls can find clothes that make them look good. The main point of the OP was that fat girls need to stop wearing tight clothes that show off handles hanging out of the sides.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just piping in that even girls with saggy boobs want to look good, and should have good choices. Can't blame a girl for that, because she really can't help it. Although wearing a bra is probably a good idea, and not always done. Probably should be, too, because bras these days can make pretty much any boobs or no boobs at all look pretty good.

I don't quite buy that with X or Y body size or type, you just can't find clothes anywhere that flatter you.

First, because you don't have to buy new clothes every goddamn week or even every month in the first place, which may be a mind-blower to many. You're fine wearing the clothes you already have, if you can get your ego under control. Second, because women's clothes are EVERYWHERE, in all different styles, big shops and small, rich neighborhoods and poor, always on sale, etc. The one thing there's no shortage of is women's clothing. It's easier to find women's clothing than it is to find food. Hell, we've got so much of it we export it by the pound to third-world countries.

Alobar
07-23-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hell, we've got so much of it we export it by the pound to third-world countries.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, where do you think most of this crap comes from?

gumpzilla
07-23-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I don't quite buy that with X or Y body size or type, you just can't find clothes anywhere that flatter you.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I don't think anybody is saying this. What I said is that I think it's challenging. My girlfriend is a pretty small girl with a proportionally large ass, and it takes her a pretty long time to find pants that she likes and fit well.

Just to throw this out there: I think there's a pretty strong correlation between lower incomes and being out of shape. People with less money are going to frequently have less time and less options to choose from in that time as far as shopping goes. Discuss.

Blarg
07-23-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe women care about competing with each other about who can best and most mindlessly ape whatever some Frenchmen say is in fashion this year, but as a guy, I don't give a rat's ass about a girl dressing in style, and she definitely doesn't have to dress in style to look girly. Last year's clothes versus next year's versus this years has nothing to do with one being more girly than the next.

Women get too caught up in how the hair, make-up, or clothes are going to somehow suddenly or magically make them look better than what they look like. They don't. I'm not necessarily addressing this to you in particular Gorie, but on general principle that also applies to men as well as women: If you want to look better or be more attractive, watch your hygiene, exercise, and eat right instead of looking for magic bullets. No "fat-reducing creams" or miracle diets or "cute shoes" or green eyeshadow are going to make one damn bit of difference.

All they do is blow your cash in a new way every year(or every week) while consoling you that you're doing your best, which you're not. Not by a million miles. They're the lame excuse that lets you do nothing or even do less every year to take care of yourself, while still feeling that you're doing fine or maybe even getting better looking.

You don't want to let the disparity between your conception of your appearance and how you really look get too far out of balance. It's not healthy psychologically. And getting to where you don't mind acknowledging reality is probably going to take a bit of work and sacrifice. If you consider good hygiene, a little exercise, and a reasonable diet a "sacrifice" instead of just behaving like an adult, without resenting it. Like adults do. Or, you would think, are supposed to.

Blarg
07-23-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And I don't think anybody is saying this. What I said is that I think it's challenging. My girlfriend is a pretty small girl with a proportionally large ass, and it takes her a pretty long time to find pants that she likes and fit well.

Just to throw this out there: I think there's a pretty strong correlation between lower incomes and being out of shape. People with less money are going to frequently have less time and less options to choose from in that time as far as shopping goes. Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but having less time to shop(is this seriously considered a real problem by people these days? whatever happened to real problems, anyway?) to find clothes that will adequately deal with a fat ass isn't the problem in the first place -- it's the fat ass that's the problem in the first place. That's not the fault of the clothing designers. There's only so much you can do to make anything look like anything but what it is. The solution is not searching far and wide to find some kind of "miracle pants," but to get your ass down to size or accept that it's going to look like exactly what it is -- a fat ass. You can't have it both ways, really, or expect to. If you're not going to get rid of that fat ass, it's going to show.

If you just have big hips but are in reasonable shape, you'll have no problem finding pants to fit. If you want every ridiculous style that comes down the pike to fit perfectly, you don't have a problem with clothes, but with being unrealistic.

And I don't buy that because you're poor your shopping options are limited. I've lived in crappy neighborhoods quite a bit, and they often have more clothes stores than anywhere else. If those aren't good enough, they have access to the same standalone stores and shopping malls everyone else does -- which is an INCREDIBLE number. Poor and lower class people commonly have cars in this country, so it's not like they have to walk their sheep 30 miles over the desert to find a Sears or Macy's.

Poor people are disproportionately, uh ... disproportional. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I just don't feel you have anyone to blame for being out of shape but yourself. Most of us will never be beautiful, but it doesn't take all that much to not look lousy. And it's definitely not about clothes at all. Looking for clothes to help you not look lousy is a dead end that will just distract you from what you really gotta do -- clean up, eat right, do a little exercise.

gorie
07-23-2005, 07:08 PM
ok what if you're in shape, but you don't want your butt crack showing when you sit down , and still want a pair of stylish jeans ?

also out of curiosity how often do you shop for women's clothing ?

it is challenging for certain body shapes, regardless of being in shape or not. though obviously being in shape helps.

Morpheus
07-23-2005, 07:22 PM
Haven't read the whole thread so forgive me if someone has said this. I'm sick of the low-rider jeans. I was a teenager when the guess jeans were in style in late 80's (I think) and I loved them. Now every chick is wearing her jeans like a plumber and I hate it. I don't want to see the top of your ass crack. I want to see what your ass looks like when your jeans are pulled up very very high.

Malachii
07-23-2005, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Finally, what I did is just grab 1.5 sizes bigger than they asked for. It would usually fit, which would make them happy... and sometimes it would be too big, which would make them ecstatic.

At first, I was worried that they would look at the shoe and notice that I brought them a size 9... but they never would.

[/ QUOTE ]

Genius

Morpheus
07-23-2005, 07:28 PM
Yep, Irieguy's , post had me laughing pretty hard. Very nice.

Justin A
07-23-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok what if you're in shape, but you don't want your butt crack showing when you sit down , and still want a pair of stylish jeans ?

it is challenging for most body shapes, regardless of being in shape or not. though obviously being in shape helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Most girls I talk to complain about having a really hard time shopping for clothes. I'm talking about all shapes and sizes here. Part of it is probably a lack of self esteem, but part of it is that it's very hard to make clothing that is going to fit everybody when there's only one sizing measurement.

Blarg
07-23-2005, 07:53 PM
I think some of it is to justify continuous shopping, too, and to deny how much time they're wasting doing it.

Blarg
07-23-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

it is challenging for certain body shapes, regardless of being in shape or not. though obviously being in shape helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Redefine style, or stop caring about it so much, or make your own style instead of being a slave to other people's ideas about what you should wear when. Or learn to live with the fact that you might not be able to find exactly the jeans you like sometimes. The world is not all a clothing store, and we merely shoppers; it's no big deal. Wear something else, or the clothes you already have. If you're like most every woman I've ever known, you've got way too many already.

If shopping comes under "challenges," I think we need a new definition for the word. Or a new set of priorities, or both.

gorie
07-23-2005, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Redefine style, or stop caring about it so much, or make your own style instead of being a slave to other people's ideas about what you should wear when.

[/ QUOTE ]
ok , but this is my point. i want to buy jeans that look nice and made for girls my age, not because that's what's "cool" - but because i don't want old lady jeans (which aren't comfortable or flattering either).
'make my own style' , i have to make my own jeans now to be happy ? k.
i don't care about following trends, which apparently is how you are interpretting my post. but i want decent looking/fitting clothes, too. if my choice is between low rise jeans, or old lady jeans, my choices suck. i found a pair of jeans i like, but it took forever and a day. and by the time i need a new pair it'll likely have been discontinued since that seems to be the routine.

p.s. i know what i think looks "cool" and that rarely matches what is actually in stores, or what fits me. which is why the clothes i do wear suck. unfortunately i'm not a tailor.

[ QUOTE ]
If you're like most every woman I've ever known, you've got way too many already.

[/ QUOTE ]

well i'm definitely not like any woman you know. i have 1 pair of jeans and 1 pair of capris. about 5 t-shirts that i made myself (mens fruit of the loom shirts + iron ons) that look like crap, and another shirt in 4 different colors. 1 liger shirt that shrunk too small after i washed it (didn't even put it in the dryer). and 1 cool shirt that i got at a rummage sale about 10 years ago.

that's pretty much my entire wardrobe.

and when it's not summer, you basically just see me in the same pair of jeans + blue zipped hoodie every single day. i'm comparable to bart simpson.

p.p.s. i think it's funny you find it necessary to argue whether or not it's difficult for girls to find clothes that they like and fit decently.

gorie
07-23-2005, 09:14 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/pagesix/20050712/en_pagesix/jeansontherise/nc:787%3B_ylt=A9FJqaCBVdRC9qgAoQtdDxkF%3B_ylu=X3oD MTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

cool, maybe there'll be less muffin tops for you guys to see in the future !

i /images/graemlins/heart.gif mid-rise.

though i like low-rise too, but only on other (skinny) girls.

Blarg
07-23-2005, 09:20 PM
I don't know what old lady jeans are. I've never associated old ladies with jeans.

Are you saying you don't like the low cut jeans, but don't like the other ones either? I'm not sure I follow, but if that's so, well, you've kind of painted yourself into a corner on that and there's nothing to be done about it.

If you can't find jeans you like, anyway, it's no big deal. So you live a life without jeans. It's been done.

If you think making your own style means sewing your own clothes, I think you need a more independent attitude. I remember seeing a biography of Cary Grant, and how he wore a tie that seemed a strange match for his suit one day, and at first everyone was commenting on it. Then everyone was doing it! Grant just wore whatever he wanted to. And because he was Cary Grant, it was good enough and cool by definition. But he didn't wear a tie to change the world or set a style; he wore what he damn well felt like wearing. I doubt he really cared about the consequences or planned them out. That's what I mean by creating your own style. Wear whatever you damn well please, if you think it looks or feels good, and take the consequences. It won't kill you, I promise. Unless you're on extremely shaky ground in the first place, it shouldn't harm your ego too much even if someone comments negatively on it. You sure don't have to sew your own clothes to be yourself.

P.S. I think it's funny that think my stating an opinion is arguing, especially over things that are matters not of measurable science but absolutely matters of simple taste and opinion. If you can have one, why can't I? If you can have one, why can't someone disagree with it or suggest your opinion might possibly change?

Whatever you "like" and how "difficult" it is for you to find things accordingly is a matter of your personal taste and psychological make-up, not cold hard unalterable facts that have been forcibly imposed upon you from outside. Change your mind and BOOM, what you like and the difficulty of finding it instantly changes. That's what I was saying in the first place -- that's on you and up to you. Don't place the blame elsewhere, or blame me for saying your choices - and perception of difficulty -- lie entirely with you and nobody else.

And when it comes to fashion, as is the point of this thread, too many of the choices made are WAY off the mark and don't do the person adopting them any favors at all. Breaking the chain ain't a bad idea one hell of a lot of the time. Being a helpless victim of fashion and one's own choices doesn't seem wise or sympathy-worthy to me. Don't take it personally. But you choose your consequences when you make your choices. Don't like the jeans out there? Don't buy 'em. Wear something else. Like we kind of wish the muffin tops would consider doing.

gorie
07-23-2005, 09:23 PM
sorry blarg, you just don't get it.
very hard to read your post because my eyes keep rolling and i get dizzy.

Blarg
07-23-2005, 09:26 PM
Lame cop-out.

Usually you just delete your posts when you feel someone disagrees with you and you can't handle it. Now you're just blaming the person disagreeing with you. It's a more aggressive approach to the same thing, but you'd be better off just staying real, or at least not blaming others when you run away.

gorie
07-23-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lame cop-out.

Usually you just delete your posts when you feel someone disagrees with you and you can't handle it. Now you're just blaming the person disagreeing with you. It's a more aggressive approach to the same thing, but you'd be better off just staying real, or at least not blaming others when you run away.

[/ QUOTE ]
no, it just makes no sense. you keep going on about how i need to be more 'independent' and make my own style, which just makes me think you're absolutely clueless about me, and what i'm trying to say.

old lady jeans = high rise jeans. that's just what i call them (and after reading that link i posted i realize i am not the only one). the kind of jeans you find in womens clothing section for older women. where the waist is really high and you end up with a huge crotch area.

you can disagree all you want i just don't understand what you're trying to say.

you see me as someone who wants to follow trends, i don't know what to even respond to you about because i feel like you're talking to someone else, about something else. sorry.

all i'm trying to say here is that LOW RISE JEANS are a BIG FACTOR in the FLAB SQUIRTING OUT OF THE TOP OF THE PANTS. and MID-RISE are VERY VERY HARD TO FIND. ULTRA LOW RISE JEANS, and LOW RISE JEANS are what is most available in stores. the other option is HIGH RISE JEANS that moms wear and i don't want to wear.

it's as simple as that, geez.

gorie
07-23-2005, 09:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wear whatever you damn well please, if you think it looks or feels good, and take the consequences. It won't kill you, I promise. Unless you're on extremely shaky ground in the first place, it shouldn't harm your ego too much even if someone comments negatively on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

this makes me want to puke on you. that's all.

wacki
07-23-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

all i'm trying to say here is that LOW RISE JEANS are a BIG FACTOR in the FLAB SQUIRTING OUT OF THE TOP OF THE PANTS. and MID-RISE are VERY VERY HARD TO FIND. ULTRA LOW RISE JEANS, and LOW RISE JEANS are what is most available in stores. the other option is HIGH RISE JEANS that moms wear and i don't want to wear.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://about.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=9452571/

HOLY MID RISE JEAN MANIA LINK BATMAN (http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=womens+mid+rise+jeans&hl=en&hs=c89&lr=&c lient=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&tab=ff&oi=froogler)

I /images/graemlins/heart.gif http://www.google.com/images/logo_sm.gif

wacki
07-23-2005, 09:45 PM
Sorted from 3.99 on up. (http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=women%27s+mid+rise+jeans&hl=en&hs=c89&lr =&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tab=ff&oi=froogler&scoring=p)

gorie
07-23-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://about.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=9452571/

HOLY MID RISE JEAN MANIA LINK BATMAN (http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=womens+mid+rise+jeans&hl=en&hs=c89&lr=&c lient=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&tab=ff&oi=froogler)

I /images/graemlins/heart.gif http://www.google.com/images/logo_sm.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

forget it, you win.

omg why do girls wear stupid clothes that don't fit ?

Blarg
07-23-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wear whatever you damn well please, if you think it looks or feels good, and take the consequences. It won't kill you, I promise. Unless you're on extremely shaky ground in the first place, it shouldn't harm your ego too much even if someone comments negatively on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was even lamer than the cop-out.

You need to get over this thing.

One final thing, since you're taking this nowhere, is that I made the general statements that people take fashion too seriously and waste time and money following it, when it's not important, and usually doesn't have much effect on whether they look better or not. You certainly seem to have confirmed that you can get highly strung about it. But my core statements were simple and easily understood. Your trying to find more and more complicated ways around them and to talk about them doesn't change the fact that the statements themselves were simple and pretty unobjectionable common sense. Nor that it doesn't matter what jeans you wear, if any.

It's a shame you decided to freak out and personalize it.

gorie
07-23-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was even lamer than the cop-out.

You need to get over this thing.

One final thing, since you're taking this nowhere, is that I made the general statements that people take fashion too seriously and waste time and money following it, when it's not important, and usually doesn't have much effect on whether they look better or not. You certainly seem to have confirmed that you can get highly strung about it. But my core statements were simple and easily understood. Your trying to find more and more complicated ways around them and to talk about them doesn't change the fact that the statements themselves were simple and pretty unobjectionable common sense. Nor that it doesn't matter what jeans you wear, if any.

It's a shame you decided to freak out and personalize it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i love you.

Alobar
07-24-2005, 12:33 AM
I [censored] hate any jeans on a girl that arent low rise. It will be a sad sad day when they go out of style.

Any chick I see walking around in high rise jeans gives me angela bower flashbacks....ugh.

MelK
07-24-2005, 08:33 AM
So it turns out that this forum has turned into the fashion forum. Shall we discuss magazine photo shoots next?

I like bellies, and I don't really care what clothes the girl is wearing. Here are some examples:

http://www.ljplus.ru/img2/k/o/kotja_shok/mataha.jpg

http://www.ljplus.ru/img2/f/o/foto_life/Monzani11.jpg

runner4life7
07-24-2005, 02:56 PM
Sadly, I have shopped for womens clothes a fair amount and have watched the style channel. One show, "how do I look?" actually gets non stylish people to dress better and they usually arent that attractive but afterwards can look tons better. Ive generally gone shopping with girls that were the more skinny type and I think its pretty easy to find stuff. You just have to be willing to look.

runner4life7
07-24-2005, 03:01 PM
I could not live with that few clothes...and I'm a guy. My regular wardrobe has to be at least 5 times that big...its my biggest leak of poker winnings...

07-24-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The world is not all a clothing store, and we merely shoppers; it's no big deal. Wear something else, or the clothes you already have. If you're like most every woman I've ever known, you've got way too many already.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg you are too cool. Who would have thought you were on to us? I must own like thirty tank tops and camisoles. I have vowed to reform. I did not go shopping at all this weekend. Today when I got up I kept telling myself 'be happy with what's in your closet. Blarg says to just make do with what you've got.' Seriously, that's what I said.

gorie
07-24-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I could not live with that few clothes...and I'm a guy. My regular wardrobe has to be at least 5 times that big...its my biggest leak of poker winnings...

[/ QUOTE ]
even if i had money i am pretty sure clothes would be at the bottom of my list of things i'd want to buy.

i don't have to dress up for work so jeans & tshirt work fine for me. i'm pretty boring.

Peter666
07-24-2005, 03:48 PM
American women on the whole are a bunch of tubalards compared to European girls. I for one will only marry a European, specifically one of those tall, thin, gorgeous Eastern European super models which you can find all over the place from Slovakia Eastward to Russia.

bugstud
07-24-2005, 03:58 PM
you have a few too many stereotypes there on that one

FeliciaLee
07-24-2005, 05:13 PM
I don't get the low rise thing. Never have. It makes even thin, long legged, beautiful women look bad. The jeans are so low, that the torso looks super long (out of proportion) and the legs look stumpy, like midgets.

I have a very long rise, and always ask for jeans for tall women, or a long rise. Clerks look at me like I've lost my mind. No one seems to have high rise jeans anymore.

One time a manager at the Levi store just kept looking at me like I was an alien when I asked for a longer rise. I tried to explain over and over again. I showed her low many inches were between my crotch and belly button. I pulled up my shirt. I did everything I could, and she just wasn't getting it at all ("What? You don't want to be in style???").

Finally I pointed at her super low rise jeans, butt crack showing from behind, one of those babydoll shirts that show the belly/hip fat, and had the huge tire of flopping fat around the center squeezed out from the tight pressure of the low rise jeans and hanging over the top, and said, "Because I don't want to look like THAT!"

She turned her back and refused to help me. I finally have started buying men's jeans, with a longer rise.

Felicia /images/graemlins/smile.gif

FeliciaLee
07-24-2005, 05:30 PM
I guess I'm an old lady. Because I think Eddie Bauer jeans with the TALL, high rise cut look pretty good on me, and pretty good on the EB models. Then again, the EB models aren't 15, either, they are more of an "old lady" 25, lol.

Eddie Bauer (http://www.eddiebauer.com/eb/product.asp?product_id=10349&nv=3|21473|21183&lvie w=&cm_cg=C21183&tid=&c=&sc=&lp=v1i011)

FeliciaLee
07-24-2005, 05:48 PM
I'd try to answer this question, really get into the mind of a woman, but I simply can't. I wasn't born with this thought process, and it was probably a cruel trick by God to make me female. I just don't get women. I have no female friends, I don't understand them, and I'm nothing like them.

I'm probably one of the ultra thin women (not by choice) who wouldn't have the fat roll above the low rise jeans, but I wouldn't wear those jeans if there was a gun to my head. Maybe that is why you don't see many ultra thin women wearing those, when they are specifically designed for that body type. We see other women with all of that fat and/or skin hanging over the waistband and go "ewww, never!"

I don't really shop either, nor wear makeup, nor do the nail thing, etc. I'm more like a guy than most guys! My husband needs at least an hour to "prepare" himself to go out in public, I could be ready for any event in five minutes or so, fifteen if I hadn't showered yet. I just don't get it.

Then again, maybe that is why I look so masculine. I'd have been a lesbian, but I hate women even more than I hate men, lol.

miajag81
07-24-2005, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd have been a lesbian, but I hate women even more than I hate men, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome

wacki
07-24-2005, 05:58 PM
1) you do not look masculine

2)
[ QUOTE ]
but I hate women even more than I hate men, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

This saddens me. I have many female friends that hate the "typical" women. Which is understandable considering how much gossip and competition the "typical" women throw at each other. I even have a few female friends that hate the "typical" guy. They are the kind that normally goes home with the wrong kind of men whenever they get drunk.

I have no clue what you meant by your hate "both men and women" but I hope you meet more good people. I hope everything is going well for you in general. I've always liked you.

FeliciaLee
07-24-2005, 06:00 PM
I probably sound more rude and mean lately because of the chemo.

Yes, I'm vastly generalizing everything, and being stereotypical.

Things will be better long after chemo is just a fading memory. Thanks for the wishes, though.

07-24-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just don't get women. I have no female friends, I don't understand them, and I'm nothing like them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm probably nothing like you but I like you a lot. I like your writing, your compassion and your honesty. I have learned a lot from you. You don't know me but I think about you often. I think if you got to know me you'd like me and would overlook the fact that I wear nail polish and makeup. Sometimes there is more depth to women then people give them credit for (me included).

FeliciaLee
07-24-2005, 06:16 PM
Thanks (I think, lol).

I know I'm being very stereotypical. A couple of weeks ago this woman said she was coming to my house. It is a two hour drive. It took her FIVE hours to get here! Last week there was this woman (a poker player, too!) who is in the medical field who said she had something to help me with the pain of the blood cell shots. She lives about 15 minutes from my house and tried to be honest, I guess, and told me she'd be here in about an hour. I have no idea why I fell for the same BS again, it took her 3 hours to get here!!!

See, I get so peeved with people. I just tend to stay away from them because they are always pulling this crap. If they can't keep their promises, they shouldn't make them in the first place. Do what ya say you're gonna do or just say NO. Don't leave someone sitting in pain for hours after you promised them you'd be there.

There is a street way out in the middle of desert nowhere not far from our house. It's call Hermit Road. I told Glenn we're going to move there one day, only we're not going to put up a street sign, lol!

gorie
07-24-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess I'm an old lady. Because I think Eddie Bauer jeans with the TALL, high rise cut look pretty good on me, and pretty good on the EB models. Then again, the EB models aren't 15, either, they are more of an "old lady" 25, lol.

Eddie Bauer (http://www.eddiebauer.com/eb/product.asp?product_id=10349&nv=3|21473|21183&lvie w=&cm_cg=C21183&tid=&c=&sc=&lp=v1i011)

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm sure they look fine on you /images/graemlins/tongue.gif , i just don't like wearing (most) high rise jeans, they just don't fit me comfortably. i like pants falling a little lower on my hips, just not too low. plus with high rise i find the crotch is stupid on most high rise jeans and bulks up when you sit down and i don't like having a penis. although my last pair of jeans (st johns bay from jcpenny) before my current pair were pretty high and didn't do that.
my current pair i got from old navy i think they were described as 'just below waist' (which i think is the highest rise they had), i like them a lot.
i just know i hate shopping !

also, you sound a lot like me in some ways /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Jules22
07-24-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is that really true? thats a pretty crazy idea. maybe someone can hook up the linkage on that

david050173
07-24-2005, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is that really true? thats a pretty crazy idea. maybe someone can hook up the linkage on that

[/ QUOTE ]

one article google for more (http://http://www.economist.com/displaystory.cfm?story_id=2424049)

Discovery channel had a show about this. There is a huge environmental factor also if memory serves.

Mason Hellmuth
07-24-2005, 11:50 PM
Farked link. Fixed version. (http://www.economist.com/displaystory.cfm?story_id=2424049)

Peter666
07-25-2005, 12:43 AM
Meh, all from experience.

runner4life7
07-25-2005, 04:29 AM
I dont have to dress up either since poker is my only job. I just enjoy dressing up, It makes me feel better to look better.

Blarg
07-25-2005, 04:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Finally I pointed at her super low rise jeans, butt crack showing from behind, one of those babydoll shirts that show the belly/hip fat, and had the huge tire of flopping fat around the center squeezed out from the tight pressure of the low rise jeans and hanging over the top, and said, "Because I don't want to look like THAT!"

She turned her back and refused to help me. I finally have started buying men's jeans, with a longer rise.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, that's a good story!

Blarg
07-25-2005, 05:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks (I think, lol).

I know I'm being very stereotypical. A couple of weeks ago this woman said she was coming to my house. It is a two hour drive. It took her FIVE hours to get here! Last week there was this woman (a poker player, too!) who is in the medical field who said she had something to help me with the pain of the blood cell shots. She lives about 15 minutes from my house and tried to be honest, I guess, and told me she'd be here in about an hour. I have no idea why I fell for the same BS again, it took her 3 hours to get here!!!

See, I get so peeved with people. I just tend to stay away from them because they are always pulling this crap. If they can't keep their promises, they shouldn't make them in the first place. Do what ya say you're gonna do or just say NO. Don't leave someone sitting in pain for hours after you promised them you'd be there.

There is a street way out in the middle of desert nowhere not far from our house. It's call Hermit Road. I told Glenn we're going to move there one day, only we're not going to put up a street sign, lol!

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate it when people are habitually late too, especially if you're trying to hit a movie(so you have to miss the showing or get the worst seats in the house, ditto with dinner at a restaurant). Or just have stuff to do.

I just square off with them now. I tell them straight up, if I have to go someplace, that I'm going if they're not they're within a certain window of opportunity, or going home or whatever, and I WILL NOT wait for them all day and night -- my life is not at their complete discretion, and is not all about THEM. If they're not willing to give me the respect of showing up within a certain reasonable window of time, that's fine, but I'll go on living accordingly, not hanging around like a fool. It's not like I exist only when they walk into the room. I've pissed people off by laughing at them when they asked how come I wasn't waiting for them when they were an hour and a half late, but screw that. Let people know they can get away with that, and it will never stop, and probably get worse.

So yep, that's one of the things that really irks the hell out of me, too. A way of being treated I would never dream of treating others.

All excuses and stories aside, you know if it was somebody they really valued, they'd be not only be there on time, they'd be early.

bernie
07-25-2005, 05:12 AM
Because they know that there are many fat, obese women around so they'll still look good in comparison to the average chick out there. Some like to show off that start of a Gunt.

Most women don't even know to have a fitted bra. Can't expect them to know about belly fat. At least it isn't hairy belly fat. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

b

Blarg
07-25-2005, 05:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

one article google for more (http://http://www.economist.com/displaystory.cfm?story_id=2424049)

Discovery channel had a show about this. There is a huge environmental factor also if memory serves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've read that a kind of sexual imprinting can play a big factor, too, and I believe it. Like, what did the first friend of your mom or sister's who you realized was cute look like, that kind of thing. That supposedly imprints very strongly for you, and really defines what sex might be and what sex appeal is. Plus if it's someone you see regularly, it gets burned in real fast.

I remember the first woman who made an impression on me was a blond friend of my mom's when I was a little kid. For a long time blondes were my conception of what beauty was. I hadn't really thought much about it before then, being a little boy and all. Then I went to live out in the Pacific where there were almost no blondes, and the few I knew were ratty. At the same time, the only girls I knew who were cute were almost all Japanese or Chinese, so then for a long time, and still to a great extent even now, it's Japanese and Chinese girls who attract me most. I like to joke that I liked them before it was cool. /images/graemlins/wink.gif Anyway, it took a long time to get me to even look at blondes, but I guess finally seeing a million of them here in California, but more particularly finally sleeping with one, made me like blondes well enough again. But I kind of went from one imprint to the other. And not quite back again; now I just like lots of different types of women more, instead of having my sights so locked in on this or that type. I've grown up a bit too, which probably has something to do with it.

But imprints seem real enough to me, and can be very strong. I'm a white guy, and if there's anything genetic involved, it certainly shouldn't have been my having a huge preference for most of my life for Japanese and Chinese girls. My life experiences explain it pretty solidly, though.

Rick Nebiolo
07-25-2005, 05:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have to ask this question as it bugs the crap out of me.

Why is it that there are so many slightly not skinny women that wear super tight pants and super tight shirts that squeeze the flesh while showing a 1 inch band of skin between the pants and the shirt? Their clothes literally squeeze the flesh and make their fat look way worse than it really is. I could not imagine a more appropriate attire for barely overweight women to wear to show off their fat. Yet for some reason, only the non super skinny women wear those outfits. I don't get it. Every day, I walk across campus and see the pudge being squeezed out to show off the fat of otherwise normal looking women. I walk by the super skinny women and there isn't that 1" band of skin showing.

Why do they do this? Do they actually think it looks good? Do you like it?

-Drunk wacki

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate it too. Avoid shopping at Walmart because this is special plague there.

Anyway, almost any woman/chick/girl who looks good in this style would look even better in high waisted pants that emphasize a nice thin waist and a heart shaped ass. And if you don't have a thin waist and hips forget about wearing low cut jeans. That said, the reletively recent invention of the thong (worn my a woman with an appropriately heart shaped ass) is one of the greatest inventions of the last twenty years. So things balance out between generations.

Every generation wears a style that, when they get older. shouts out "What were we thinking when we wore that!" For us (I'm 51) it was bell bottoms, too tight jeans (when worn by men) and a host of other fashion atrocities.

~ Drunk Rick

PS Just to be fair men suck even worse. Why do fat guys were knit shirts three sizes too small? Why do the youth of today often wear knit caps in the middle of summer? How did that greasy looking hair jell that makes hair stand straight up become popular? What happened to parted hair?

wacki
07-25-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

But imprints seem real enough to me, and can be very strong. I'm a white guy, and if there's anything genetic involved, it certainly shouldn't have been my having a huge preference for most of my life for Japanese and Chinese girls. My life experiences explain it pretty solidly, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a genetic love map. Reactions to babies only a day old to beautiful and ugly women prove this. Newsweek or Time had an article on it.

The process of, and resilience/strength of, genetic imprints are also genetic. Many studies of twins confirm this. Maybe more later....

WDC
07-25-2005, 04:36 PM
Bugs me almost as much as the women or men with fatty midriffs walking around the lakes with the paunches showing. Wouldn't dream of showing my fatty midriff off to the general populus.